[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Carter-possible sleeper.

PantherDave

The word from Panthers camp is that DC is having a great one, the second year WR from Ohio State continues to impress snd improve as he learns to play the system. DC blew out his knee in summer school last year (rookie season), he was able to sit in on all the meetings a year ago, and so he has to apply it on the feild. DC may be a legitimate sleeper pick this season. Peace PD.

I DO think so newbie, as the #3 WR and possible #2 spots are up for grabs,we here on the boards try to bring useful info from our Homer teams perspective camps. This young man has all the tools to be a starter in the NFL- a little more research and alot less flack will get you far on this MB. Peace PD.

I'm just trying to be real here. I appreciate the advice, however I think he'll be a special team player or the teams #4 at best. Correct me if I'm mistaken but here's how I see it.

1. Steve Smith

2/3. Colbert

2/3. Gardner

4. Your boy DC

Colbert has a tweaked Hammy right now, and from Colberts mouth " I hate to miss time with this injury, as I'm fighting for a starting spot." The only sure lock right now is Smitty at the #1. Carter knows the system better than Gardner, as he's had a full year to be in on meetings and game planning-so I do see Colbert as the #2, but it's a dogfight between Gardner and Carter, and as of now-advantage Carter. Peace PD.

The word from Panthers camp is that DC is having a great one, the second year WR from Ohio State continues to impress snd improve as he learns to play the system. DC blew out his knee in summer school last year (rookie season), he was able to sit in on all the meetings a year ago, and so he has to apply it on the feild. DC may be a legitimate sleeper pick this season. Peace PD.

916255[/snapback]

I had posted a thread a while ago to the same effect. IMHO, with Carter, the issue is not staving off competition from Rod Gardner. He has far more talent and God-given ability than Gardner, perhaps even Colbert.

The issue is can he stay healthy. With 2 ACLs in 2 years(don't know if it was the same one), that's a pretty big question-mark. He's certainly not draft material at this point, unless he stays healthy through pre-season. If he does that, I believe he'll put up attention-catching numbers.

Don't forget about old man Proehl. You better believe Fox won't.

All will agree Smith is #1, but I believe all the other spots are open. The Panthers are predictable, and they stick to their gameplans. Gardner will see the field due to his downfield blocking and superior size. Proehl will be on the field in 3rd down sets. I truly believe Colbert will NOT match last years stats. Carter is doing very well like PD says, but he'd better find a way to contribute on special teams, or otherwise he won't beat Karl Hankton out of a spot.

As another Panthers homer here is think he has potential and his having a good camp... but I need to see more from him before touting him as a sleeper.

I just bought season tickets for the Panthers and I will be at the game on Saturday night, so I will get a first hand look at Carter and will report back on this thread to see my impressions of DC. :D

I'm I the only one that can differientiate(sp) between "possible" and "definent". :D

917005[/snapback]

I think DC definatly fits the sleeper mold. He's unknown and has opportutnity to excel way over his projected value. He has serious speed or he did at OSU. I can tell you this he was just really learning to put it all together when he got hurt against Indiana. I can honestly say had he not got hurt your looking at a first round draft pick he was getting right to the point of exploding for the Buckeyes. He would have surpassed or been very close to surpassing Michael Jenkins who was a 1st round draft pick NOW saying that I would want to see how he runs in game situation. A little quick DC history he did not start playing football till like his Junior or Senior year in High School. I would say it took him all of his first 3 years at OSU to learn to catch the ball his hands was god awful !!!!!! but he had one thing you can not teach FLAT OUT SMOKING SPEED. I'm talking world class type speed. I had heard at one point the olympics was not out of the question but seems football lured him away. I could see taking him very late, I mean late late, but thats what a sleeper is ??? Right??? :D