[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love Hines Ward as much as the next guy but...

Skippy

I heard local reports today suggesting that he wants a guaranteed 16million over the next three years. While I would be willing to pay him that much money if he guaranteed a repeat of the last three years, the Steelers will never cave in and pay him that money. First of all it is so against the Steeler way of doing things to be held hostage like this that I think the Rooney’s may actually low-ball him at this point. I don’t believe there is any true football fan that wouldn’t agree that Hines is grossly underpaid compared to other top WR’s in the league but he is not going to be a 16 million dollar man and wear black and gold. I just can’t see it happening.

Please Hines, come to your senses and report. The Rooney’s will then work with you to pay you a more reasonable salary but I can guarantee that it isn’t going to be in the neighborhood of 16 million.

It's all about the Benjamins. In his case - 160,000 of them.

Not sure what he is doing other than thinking he can force their hand with Burress gone. Sounds like bad planning.

With Staley being a big ? for this year now they better get Ward in there. Losing one of them for any significant amount of time is bad enough but they cant afford to play without them both.

Maybe the first slightly positive sign I've seen so far. This is from the Post-Gazette this morning.

While no negotiations are going on, communication has taken place recently between the Steelers and representatives for holdout Hines Ward, a club source said yesterday.

...at least there is communication :D

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05221/550786.stm