[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Backup QBs are the Best to Target...

Funky Plutos

Which backups are in good position to put up good numbers if the starters were to go out? Also, are there any that are coming up on free agency that could be starters by switching teams at the end of the year?

I like David Garrard and Matt Schaub as young ones. I also like Brad Johnson since he will be in a passing offense if Culpepper would ever go down.

Not so much in Dyansty, but for this year, I like Jeff Garcia. Detroit has weapons throughout their offense, and I don't see them giving Harrington a very long leash. If he fails, Garcia could do very well with these weapons. As a Roy Williams owner, I hope they have a very short leash on Harrington.

Just offand...

Shaub - because Vick is terrible, and will get hurt.

Volek - because McNair is old, and Volek is good.

Garcia - becuase he is better than Harrington.

Tuiososopo - because Moss will drive Collins back to drinking before Week 5.

Volek - he is probably the best back up to take. McNair is old, and has the injuries are starting to take their toll.

Aaron Rodger - Farve will retire either at the end of this year or the next. Rodgers goes to a good system for QB's, and I think he has the tallent.

Kyle Orton - I have no faith in Rex Grosman. Orton is in Chicago with his old coach, so Chicago knows what they are getting. Chicago has some good young recivers in Berrian, Gage, and Bradley.

Sounds like you're talking about two different issues here. Are you looking for rookie/young (back-up) QBs to pick up and hold on your dynasty roster for the future, or are you looking for back-ups that may see time this year due to QB controversy/injury?

For dynasty purposes, if your current #1 (and hopefully #2) QBs are good starters, I would be looking at youth and ability over Garica, BJohnson, Freotte types.

Agree with Volek. He's a gamer and proved last season, he can get the job done very effectively.

Shaub has looked good (in pre-season), but alot of Falcon fans here dont have alot of love for this guy.

I'd be searching for articles on the rookies that have been drafted to fill in for aging starters (like Rogers). Philip Rivers may be someone to consider as well. How long will/can SD afford to carry heavy contracts on their 2 QBs?