[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chief's running game--Good

Chief Dick

Quick report on Chiefs v Vikings.

Priest and the O-line looked great. Even with Will Shields not playing, the Chiefs running game was looking good. Priest had 4 carries for around 40 yards.

LJ came in and had some good carries as well. Something like 8 carries for 40 yards.

Passing game-OK, but not great.

Defense. Bad.

Special Teams. Bad.

Priest and the O-line looked great. Even with Will Shields not playing, the Chiefs running game was looking good. Priest had 4 carries for around 40 yards.

LJ came in and had some good carries as well. Something like 8 carries for 40 yards.

Defense. Bad.

Special Teams. Bad.

924898[/snapback]

Dining off the Smoker tonight Chief? If so-what ya eating????

Chiefs run defense looks a lot like last year......Ole'

Defense. Bad.

Special Teams. Bad.

924898[/snapback]

Sounds very similar to a report from the 2004 Chiefs.

Dining off the Smoker tonight Chief? If so-what ya eating????

924901[/snapback]

Nothing tonight. Had to help a friend move, but got home in time for kickoff.

We usually don't go big time until opening weekend. We'll do our usual 9 slabs, 2 pork shoulders, 2 briskets, and some sausage.

Nothing tonight. Had to help a friend move, but got home in time for kickoff.

We usually don't go big time until opening weekend. We'll do our usual 9 slabs, 2 pork shoulders, 2 briskets, and some sausage.

924912[/snapback]

Opening day sounds great Chief, I'm going to revive "From the CrockPot" this year now that my move is complete-Peace PD.

Don't forget that the Chiefs were at the goalline and couldn't punch it in.  :D

924925[/snapback]

Yeah, in my opinion a poor call on 3rd down. They were murdering the Vikes outside, and should have spread it out on that play.

The Vikes offense looked good on that first drive. Chiefs D looked real tentative to me; almost like they were thinking too hard about their assignments instead of just playing. One thing is for sure: Surtain is the real deal. And D Johnson has some speed.

Instant replay is terrible. Especially inside two minutes. Call comes from upstairs that they want to review the play. Ref runs 40 yards to the sideline camera and puts his headphones on to hear what they are reviewing. (It was a Howry catch that Brad Johnson is throwing the ball to all of his receivers' feet. Howry caught it before it hit the ground.) Ref runs back onto the field to tell us what he is reviewing. Ref runs back to the camera to look at the play. Another 45 seconds later, play stands, just like everyone that was watching already knows. ::D

Edited by MikesVikes

Yeah, in my opinion a poor call on 3rd down. They were murdering the Vikes outside, and should have spread it out on that play.

The Vikes offense looked good on that first drive. Chiefs D looked real tentative to me; almost like they were thinking too hard about their assignments instead of just playing. One thing is for sure: Surtain is the real deal. And D Johnson has some speed.

924928[/snapback]

Johnson is going to be a stud. Chiefs were lucky to have him on draft day.

Instant replay is terrible.  Especially inside two minutes.  Call comes from upstairs that they want to review the play.  Ref runs 40 yards to the sideline camera and puts his headphones on to hear what they are reviewing.  (It was a Howry catch that Brad Johnson is throwing the ball to all of his receivers' feet.  Howry caught it before it hit the ground.)  Ref runs back onto the field to tell us what he is reviewing.  Ref runs back to the camera to look at the play.  Another 45 seconds later, play stands, just like everyone that was watching already knows.  ::D

924930[/snapback]

Yup, it looks like we have another season of poor ref'ing to look forward to. :D

Williamson is out as mentioned. But Mr. Insignificant just caught a pass. Ryan Hoag. He caught that pass at or near the line of scrimmage that I wish they would forget about. Maybe when they get some speed in the game, like Williamson it could come in handy. Hoag was a track man, but not a Division 1 school.

On a side note, the Vikes offense looks to me in good shape. Melwede Moore looked real good, and the Vikes passing game looked good despite the absence of Moss. Burleson looked solid.

924961[/snapback]

Also Tice has said that he is going to have one primary back and Moe Williams as the backup. He went as far to say that Bennett could rush for 1600 yards. Bennett was in for every play with the 1st team even third downs for the 1st two series.. He was pulled when all the other starters were pulled. As of now it looks like all Bennett so far...stay tuned. I would like to see the next couple games and how this plays out.

Mewelde will be delegated to special teams and kickoff returns...

The one thing that I liked in the game tonight? 11 Vikings celebrating a TD. Not 10. Not 1 guy running past a teammate to the goalpost to drop his drawers. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D But during that Moss td last year, he didn't celebrate the score with anybody. In fact he almost ran through a teammate to celebrate the drawer drop.

Vikings are going to be a team and not a collection of individuals this year.

• 1 month later...