[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this trade offer fair?

Massamule

There is another team in my 12 team dynasty league that has Travis Henry. He would like to get Chris Brown from me.

My current RBs are:

LT

Dunn

Duckett

C Benson

V Morensy

C Brown

I have Green and Collins but they both have the same bye week this year. I currently have Boller as a one week filler.

The other owner just offered me Michael Turner and D Boston for C Brown. I declined, of course, but I was considering offering him C Brown and Boller for Leftwich. Is that offering him too much?

simple answer - yes, it's too much to give up. chris brown has his concerns with injury and henry, but you would be giving up a potential starter and a filler quarterback for another filler quarterback. leftwich will not become your stater. i would suck it down for that week and start boller and keep the potential you have in brown. plus, if you get rid of brown, your rb position could be very thin depending on what happens with benson.

Edited by rhippens

I totally understand your responses. I'm just trying to look towards the future. Both Collins and Green are getting old and I've heard nothing but good things from Leftwich on this site. If the Jax offense is going to go more vertical this year and if Byron is perfectly suited for that type of offense, why not try to get him for the future before he breaks out and becomes more difficult to obtain? Plus, how valuable is Brown right now if he's going to be sharing duties w/ Henry?

i like leftwich and yes, jacksonville claims that they will be airing it out, but i still think you're giving up too much. thinking ahead is fine, but you'll still get a couple of years out of green and/or collins. i think in the next few years, you need to be addressing the quarterback situation, but for right now, i think you'd be getting a rearend job by doing this trade. chris brown is also a young guy and could still have a nice career just like leftwich may have. but overall, if you like leftwich and think he'll be a nice starter in the future, you have pretty decent young talent at rb, i wouldn't trash you for making that move. but like i said before, i think it's too much to give up.

yes you are right about Green and Collins getting old but you will be able to draft a qb later. you don't need to give up that much just for Leftwhich who is getting better but is not nearly the up and comer people thought he would've been. I say make sure you pick up a rookie qb i next year's draft maybe Matt Leinart i dunno i hear he's not bad. Besides Crhis Brown is still young and still the starter in Tennesse and if he stays healthy you have an awesome back.

Ok, this was the email I sent the other owner before I started to post my question on this board.

I'd be interested in doing a trade for Leftwich.

Possibly something like Brown and Boller for Leftwich.

I don't have any interest in Turner or Boston.

He then officially drops Greg Jones and Officially makes a trade offer, seen here:

Team Git-R-Dunn will give

Leftwich, Byron JAC QB

To The Homestar Runners for

Boller, Kyle BAL QB

Brown, Chris TEN RB(MFL as our dynasty website)

I feel this kinda backed me into a corner, almost like he thought my email idea was a done deal. Did I really sound that way?!?

I'm not sure I want to take this trade after your great advice. Would I be a jerk to reject his offer now. Or would it be more legit if I were to counter his offer w/

C Brown and Boller for Leftwich and next years first round rookie draft spot?

Let me know how you feel :D

Looks like he took it as a serious offer but the way you worded it, you were just negotiating. Him dropping Jones isn't your fault he should have waited until you had a deal. Countering with the draft pick added is certainly a upgrade in the trade for you and seems fair compensation for Brown's potential.

Looks like he took it as a serious offer but the way you worded it, you were just negotiating. Him dropping Jones isn't your fault he should have waited until you had a deal. Countering with the draft pick added is certainly a upgrade in the trade for you and seems fair compensation for Brown's potential.

965398[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for replying alchico, those were my thoughts as well. I just didn't want to counter offer and get nasty emails from him because he thought my email was an actual proposal.

Just made a trade with him, the second to last offer on this board, Chris Brown and Kyle Boller for Byron Leftwich and his 2006 first round pick. I feel pretty good with this because he doesn't have that great of a team. I'll probably get anywhere from the first to the fourth overall pick in next years rookie draft.

Thanks for all of your advice!