[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Doctor's Office is Open...

Dr. Love

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay.  I need help picking my second WR and my third RB.  I am in a standard performance league.  My starting line up right now is

QB: Carson Palmer, WR: Terrell Owens, WR: Roy Williams, RB: Julius Jones, RB: Kevin Jones, RB/WR: Carnell Williams, TE: Todd Heap, K: Jason Elam, and D: Dallas.

Riding Pine I have

QB: Jake Plummer

RB: JJ Arrington, Lamont Jordan

WR: Steve Smith, Michael Clayton, and Drew Bennett

TE: Randy McMichael

I'm thinking Carnell should have a field day on the Vike's D.  But then again (as much as I hate to say it) The Giants didn't have a great run d last year either, so maybe JJ?  Then I'm also thinking that Jordan could have a big day against the pats without Bruschi.  And would you trust Harringto to get the ball to Williams or go with Clayton or Smith?  Help? 

P.S.

I know it looks like I'm stacked, but it's an 8 team league and the other teams look just as good and some look unstoppable.  I gotta get off to a great start.

974507[/snapback]

Symptoms: Matchup-related anxiety

Diagnosis: Multiple Matchup Disorder

Prescription: It's week one of the season. A lot of these matchups you're considering are based mostly on what you remember from last year. I'm not a big proponent of playing matchups with individual players to begin with, but with rookies in week one, it is likely going to be futile. Start your stallions.

My Picks:

Jones and Jones at RB

TO and Smtih/Clayton at WR (I slightly lean towards Clayton, but that's just a gut feel)

Hey Doc,

I am nervous about Dallas Clark being listed as questionable from the concussion.

Our league requires 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 RB/WR, TE, 1 K, & 1 D

QB - Favre

RB's - C. Dillon, Kevin Jones, L. Jordan

WR's - Steve Smith, D. Driver

TE's - Dallas Clark ?? Points are 1 point for every 10 yards and 6 points for a TD

K - J. Elam

D - Bills

Not sure about Clark at Tight End. I have read that he will be a game time decision. He will probably play, but who knows how well. I also have Marcus Pollard as a backup. Jeremy Stevens is available. Would you start Dallas Clark, Marcus Pollard, or Jeremy Stevens? I know that TE is not the most glamorous, but I try and take every point that I can. Appreciate any help.

I'm in a keeper league.

my scoring system, req, and players are in my sig

Here are my starters for this week:

Warner

Julius Jones

Cadillac

Chad Johnson

A. Boldin

D. Clark

Vanderjagt

Panthers

Would you start A. Brooks or K. Warner in week 1?

I'm going with my gut on Warner, simply because of the Saints situation w/ the hurricane. Also, I plan on starting the Panthers "D". What are your thoughts or gut feeling?

Also, would you go with Boldin over L. Evans and M. Jenkins?

your thoughts or "gut" feelings would help me alot.

thanks again for your input and speak with you later

Attention all patients:

The doctor will be out this afternoon and evening for a golf outing / bachelor party. Additionally, I won't have much time to answer questions tomorrow (Saturday) night, as I'm taking the Commander-in-Chief out for a romantic evening to make up for the golf outing / bachelor party. I promise that I'll answer the questions I already have now tomorrow morning, and that I'll do my best to any additional questions either tomorrow morning or Sunday morning.

Thanks.

-Dr. Love

Symptoms: Matchup-related anxiety

Diagnosis: Multiple Matchup Disorder

Prescription: It's week one of the season.  A lot of these matchups you're considering are based mostly on what you remember from last year.  I'm not a big proponent of playing matchups with individual players to begin with, but with rookies in week one, it is likely going to be futile.  Start your stallions. 

My Picks:

Jones and Jones at RB

TO and Smtih/Clayton at WR (I slightly lean towards Clayton, but that's just a gut feel)

977648[/snapback]

Thanks man, I think I just need to hear it from someone else. I'm taking your advice and starting TO and Clayton

Hey Doc, Which 2 running backs do I start?

Standard performance scoring Start 1-qb 2-rb 3-wr 1-te 1-k 1-df

Qb - Brady bench Hasselbeck

Rb - McAllister, Lewis, Cadillac, M. Anderson, Both Bears

Wr - Wayne, A. Johnson, S. Smith Bench Stallworth and K. Johnson

Te – Dallas Clark bench Cooley

Wilkins and Baltimore

I appreciate any help DR. Love..whod to start as my 2nd WR

Branch

B Lloyd

D Mason

AT QB

Warner

McNair

974538[/snapback]

Prescription: You're weak (as I'm sure you know) at WR2. Right now, I think that Lloyd is your best shot, given that he's playing on a team that will be throwing a lot. At QB, I think Warner may turn out to be a top-level fantasy QB this year. There's a lot of talent around him, at least in the skill positions, and Grimace wants to run an open offense. I think McNair is going to have a rough time this year.

My Picks:

Lloyd at WR

Warner at QB

Hey Doc,

Need a little help deciding which two receivers to play.  :doah:

Lelie@Miami

Boldin@NYG

Coles@KC

Jones@Sea

The rest of my team plus the points are in my sig.

I was leaning toward Boldin and Lelie.  The reason not for Coles is because of the new DBs that came to KC and the Jets implementing a new offense could take a game or two.  Thanks for the advice.

974697[/snapback]

Symptoms: WR confusion

Prescription: I don't have the same fears about Coles that you do. In fact, he's your #1 guy this week, in my opinion. Even if KC's defense is tougher, which has yet to be seen, the Jets are still going to have to throw a lot to stay in the game. The offense has been retooled a little bit, but for throwing downfield. That's a good thing for Coles. Between Bolding and Lelie, it's kind of a toss up. I lean towards Boldin, but that's more because I just don't like Lelie than anything else.

My Picks:

Coles

Boldin (gut feel)

Hey Dr. Love, my question is posted here:

My scoring system is a standard performance with bonuses for long receptions (40+) and long rushes (20+) plus bonuses for long passing Tds (25 to 50= +1, 51 to 75 = +1, 76+ 1)  So a 75+ yard Td would be 6 points +3 points for the distance.

Start 1 QB, 2 Rbs, 2 Wrs, 1 Flex (WR, TE, RB, FB), 1 K, 1 D.

I want to run a wish bone but with my 3rd RB being Barlow I don't think I can do this right now.  Do you see a WR in the list (follow the link) that you feel can bring it?

THanks

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=106798

974714[/snapback]

Symptoms: WR confusion, need for peer validation

Diagnosis: Temporary deafness (not hearing what you want to hear)

Prescription: Like most in the thread you post, I don't think that Barlow is the way to go here. Like most others, I like Bruce here, although one could also make an arguement for Fitz.

My Pick:

Bruce

need 3 wr's in my 10 team performance league.  .1/yard, 1/reception, 6/td. 

Javon Walker vs Det

Ashley Lelie vs Mia

TJ Housh. vs Cle

Brandon Stokely vs Bal

Keary Colbert vs NO

Brandon Lloyd vs StL

I have been leaning towards Walker, Lelie and Housh., but would like to hear what the doctor has to say.

974779[/snapback]

Symptoms: WR confusion, anxiety

Diagnosis: Multiple WR Disorder

Prescription: You could make a case for all of those guys, but I think you've got the right three. I think Stokely isn't going to come close to the numbers he had last year, and Colbert and Lloyd are gambles compared to Walker, Lelie, and Housh.

My Picks:

Stick with Walker, Lelie, and Housh

I have, a friend, um, yes, a friend! His name is Mandingo. He cant decide between his left hand or his right hand. He typically "bats" lefty, but does everything else righty. Should he try to mix it up every once in awhile, or just keep using his left exclusively? Please hurry because the movie is almost over... :D

I have to drop 1 player to have a legal roster...

RB's / LT Martin Cadillac WParker BJacobs Blaylock

WR's / Harrison C Rogers K Curtis M Jenkins R Williams

TE's / Witten Troupe

QB's / Leftwich Orton

Start - 1 QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1DEF 1K Flex( RB,WR, orQB)

Considering dropping M Jenkins, also considering dropping B

Jacobs to pick up Pittman -  Do you think he'll vulture td's from Cadillac?

If you disagree with dropping Jenkins, who to drop and why?

974968[/snapback]

Symptoms: Swollen roster

Diagnosis: Acute Rosteritis

Prescription: Immediate removal of Blaylock from your roster. I don't buy the handcuffing thing when the backup is a stiff. Blaylock is a stiff. You must keep Jacobs, as he has serious potential. I'd also keep Jenkins for a while to see if anything develops between him and Vick. If you have to pick up Pittman, I'd consider ditching Troupe, and just scouring the waiver wire when Witten is on his bye.

Prescription:

Dump Troupe for Pittman.

Hey Doc,

I need help with a third WR, I'm already starting C.Rogers & D.Mason

WDIS:

K.Johnson - How strong is the Charger's Secondary? Better question, has the Cowboy's passing game worth anything this year with Bledsoe?

A.Toomer - Can E.Manning throw a football???

S.Parker -  Finally another WR other then Gonzo & Eddie to put up big numbers?

10pts after the first 100yds, 1pt every 10yds there after. TD 6-12pts depends on distance.

I forgot to add that  I could start B.Edwards.......whats your opinion about the Bengals Secondary? Browns passing game?

Thanks

974971[/snapback]

Symptoms: Extreme weakness in WR corps

Diagnosis: Severe lack of talent at WR3

Prescription: Yikes! This is going to suck for you all year long. One of those guys may break out, and you may have a solid starter by week four, but it's tough to predict who's going to be good. As a gut feel, I lean towards Braylon, even though he's a rookie. Dude has big play abilities, and CLE vs. CIN has been a shootout in the past.

My Pick:

Gut feel of Edwards.

Hey Doc I have a dilemma I think I am weak at wr's

Here is my list

1.Coles

2.Chambers

3. Moulds

4. C Rogers

5. A Toomer

Would drop any of these guys for:

Reggie Williams

K Robinson

T Calico 

D Patten

J Galloway

Also my 4th rb is L Suggs

my other rb's are

J Lewis

D Mccallister

B Westbrook

would drop him for a

Chester Taylor to backup Lewis

W Parker

Thomas Jones

Thxs

975000[/snapback]

Symptoms: Roster confusion, anxiety

Diagnosis: Roster Insecurity

Prescription: Your WR are somewhat weak, but not necessarily awful. If Chambers does something, you might be okay. You can move guys around, but I don't see anyone on the free agent list who's substantially better than who you already have. If you could, I'd snap up Willie Parker. He's likely to have a big week this week. If you pick him up, you may be able to trade him for a solid WR if he plays well this week.

My Pick:

Drop Moulds or Toomer for Parker.

Hey Doc,

Two wdis questions....

Delhomme vs NO

Leftwich vs Settle

Hasselbeck @ Jax

and...

Willie Parker vs Tenn

Caddy @ Minn

JJ Arington @NYG

Thanks

975056[/snapback]

Diagnosis: Starting lineup issues

Prescription: At QB, Hass is your stud until proven otherwise. It's possible that both Leftwich and Delhomme will have great games, but Hass is the only guy you know will put up points. RB isn't so clear. None of these guys have really played, so everything is by gut feel. I'm going to direct you away from Caddy, as Pittman may be on the field to scavange touchdowns.

My advice:

Hass, Parker, Arrington

Hey Doc,

I've got the Ophelia Flu and worried Hasselbeck will flounder in Florida this week. With Harrington's new incentives to be number one and a maturing O and playing at home indoors, who should I start? I'm  leaning toward Harrington, regardless of the stud potential of Hasselbeck. btw, new to our league this year, combine rush and pass bonus yrds for QB's.

Thanks

The Big E

975173[/snapback]

Symptoms: Dementia, hallucinations

Diagnosis: Too many tokes from the Harrington crack pipe

Prescription: Okay, I'll admit it. I hate Joey Harrington. A lot. The guy sucks. The nearly perfect first two preseason games? That was some imposter. The St. Louis game? That's the Joey Harrington we all know. No way on earth do you bench Hass for Harrington, unless Hass is playing at Baltimore and Harrington is playing the Brindingham School for Deaf, Bilind, Retarded, Parapalegic Girls. And even then you think twice about it.

My Pick:

Hasselbeck

I'm hesitant to start ATL this week against PHI.

I can pick up the following DEF - do you think any of these would be a better choice?

I am leaning towards NYG home against the Cards.

Cin DEF @ CLE

Stl DEF @ SF

NYG DEF vs. ARI

Here is our league DEF scoring:

Sack (1)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (-3)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-7)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-10)

Any thoughts Doc?  Thanks!

975215[/snapback]

Symptoms: Defensive anxiety

Diagnosis: Matchupitis

Prescription: As I've mentioned in previous posts, I love playing matchups with defenses. You're right not to play ATL. However, you're thinking of previous years' Cardinals when you want to add the G-men's D to your lineup. This Cardinal O will be explosive this year. STL vs. SF is a great matchup, as is the CIN vs. CLE. Between the last two, I don't have a great feel. I like STL D vetter than CIN D, but I like SF O better than CLE O. Take your pick.

My Pick

Either STL or CIN (I slightly lean towards STL).

I have 2 decisions for 2 different leagues I am in (Standard Performance).

1).  Domanick Davis vs. BUF , Mike Anderson vs. MIA or Cadillac Williams vs. MIN

I need to pick 1.

You should always start your studs so by that theory I should start D. Davis, but he is a little nicked up and he is playing a tough Buffalo Def. 

Mike Anderson seems to be the safest play.

Not sure what to expect from C. Williams, but predictions look good and they are going against the Minnesota Def.

What do you think?

2).  JJ Arrington vs. NYG  or Fred Taylor vs Seattle

I was leaning towards JJ Arrington, but he has not had a great pre-season.  Fred is probable and is safer pick, but this one is confusing me. 

Thanks for your Help!!

975217[/snapback]

Symptoms: Indecisiveness, unsure of self

Diagnosis: Multiple RB Disorder

Prescription: For situation one, I have a tough time going against Davis. If all you're scared of is the matchup, then play him. Studs are studs because the play well even against tough matchups; sometimes, especially against tough matchups. For the second situation, I'd go with Arrington. Fred hasn't been able to find the endzone with a GPS locator lately, and I think Arrington will bounce back from a relatively unproductive preseason.

My Picks:

Davis

Arrington