[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beginning of the end for Issac Bruce?

jeffreysg

bruce is good for a few more yrs. he has avoided serious injuries his whole career. protects himself well when he catches the ball too. smart wr and crafty. puts up those same numbers most yrs. nothing spectacular, but good number 2 wr numbers. yes, i do have him on one team. you would get that analysis out of me regardless.

Guest THEbigred
bruce is good for a few more yrs.  he has avoided serious injuries his whole career. 

976825[/snapback]

??

Bruce was infamous for hammy problems/etc years back and IMO saw his last "big" year (ie for a #2) last year.

And yes he is on my team.

Edited by THEbigred

Curtis looks good but I wouldn't be so quick to write off Bruce. He's a great WR and he isn't really that old - he's only 32. He did have almost 1,300 yards last year too. I bet he's still got 2-3 very productive (1,000+ yards) seasons left in him.

Bruce was infamous for hammy problems/etc years back and IMO saw his last "big" year (ie for a #2) last year.

976999[/snapback]

Yeah, in -97-98 - since then he's played in 95 of 96 possible regular season games; Heck, even with the hammy issues, he racked up 88-1262-6 over 17 games.

I'll grant that WRs can get old thisquick but I'll certainly take the risk w/Bruce that he'll stay solidly productive - the drafts I've seen him available in, he has fallen to GREAT value for someone I consider a lock for 1000 yds and 8 tds.

Yeah, in -97-98 - since then he's played in 95 of 96 possible regular season games; Heck, even with the hammy issues, he racked up 88-1262-6 over 17 games.

979489[/snapback]

I remember those years. I drafted Bruce with a high pick to be my #1 WR in '97. That was year 1 of his hammy struggles

~ 11 games, 56 for 815 & 5 TD's ~

Not exactly what I wanted out of my #1 WR.

'98 I drafted him again. Figured that lightning wouldn't strike twice. And if it did, it surely wouldn't be the hammy. Not with a whole off season of rest.

Boy was I wrong, as his hammy was even worse.

~ 4 games, 32 for 457 & 1 TD ~

He killed my FF season both years.

I've refused to draft him since.

But I don't think he's done just yet. Curtis will be a nice flex WR, bye week filler, but barring injury to Holt or Bruce, nothing more....for this year!

Edited by Big Score 1