[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tice

Outshined

Worse than Shanahan - I think so. How low can you go?

from fanball

09/09/05 12:28 PM

THE NEWS

One day after calling himself a "fantasy football player's nightmare" because of vagueness regarding the Vikings running back committee, head coach Mike Tice said on Thursday that he is through talking about his backs' playing time. "I don't even want to talk about the running backs," Tice remarked during his press conference. "Every time I say something about the running backs you guys try to start a controversy amongst my players… Every time I say any darn thing about playing time and the running backs I look up and you guys are trying to get my players to say something about my decision. So screw it, you guys aren't getting anything about the running backs the rest of the season. You guys figure out where the hell I'm playing the running backs on your own. So that's it, no more running back questions. I'm done with it, period, end of story for the rest of the year. I'm finished."

Our View

We'll be sure to check back in with coach Tice again next week. For now, we know Michael Bennett is starting, and that Mewelde Moore, Moe Williams, Ciatrick Fason, Bill Brown, Herschel Walker, Darrin Nelson, Teddy Brown, and Chuck Foreman should all see carries. However, we are pretty certain that Onterrio Smith will not be in uniform.

Forgot about Robert Smith

No kidding...man, I miss Robert Smith. I think the Vikes likened Bennett to him when they drafted him, and in some ways he is similar in running styles. Boy, could Smith kick it into gear when he got some open field in front of him. I swear to God, I wish Tice would quit trying to portray himself as a funny, witty, smart coach and just go with the "tough guy" thing. I still think his lack of ability to make adjustments will be the undoing of what could be a special team this season.

And it's really hard to get off your shoe! Somebody needs to take that pencil and shove it up his hindquarter!

978237[/snapback]

Haven't seen the pencil lately. I thought someone jammed it in his ear. That would explain a lot. :D