[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Well Dressed Invisible Amani Toomer

Perchoutofwater

I have Toomer as my # 4/5 WR. I didn't get to watch the Giants game, but where the hell was he? Was he thrown too at all? Was his lack of production due to Eli's less than stellar performance, or due to his lack of tallent. I really thought he would be a decent backup to have now that Plax is taking most of the heat. I know he was bogged down last year with a hamstring injury, but he is over that now. What say you NYG fans, if anyone will admit to being a NYG fan.

I proudly admit to being a Giants fan, so here you go ... :D

I also had high hopes for Toomer this season, especially since his lack of productivity last year came from the fact that he played the ENTIRE season with an injured hamstring, with 2 different QBs, a mess of an OL, and regular double coverage. So, you would think that a healthy Toomer -- with DBs focusing more on Plax, and more stability at both the OL and QB positions -- would really have a much easier time of things this year. He also looked great in the pre-season.

With that said, I honestly don't know what happened yesterday. I can only recall a few balls thrown Toomer's way, with Eli looking for Plaxico or David Tyree on most occassions. Eli was also a bit rusty yesterday, and seemed a little out of sync with his receivers on a few occasions.

But I don't expect that to last. In order to get the most out of this offense, Eli is going to have to use ALL his weapons, and Toomer can definitely get it done when given the chance. Don't give up on him just yet.

In a "best" case scenario, Toomer is going to give you the type of consistency that Rod Gardener gave the Skins last year. 1, 2, MAYBE 3 startable games, tops.

When those games will be?

Toomah is a last start option, no matter the depth of league IMO.

Edited by gilthorp