[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb

chonchito

i just read on sportsline's fantasy homepage. it would explain his performance last night. according to sportsline, a dubious source at best, mcnabb suffered the same injury that kept steve mcnair out a few weeks last season although the severity of the injury is unknown as is his status for this weekend's game.

From Rotoworld:

Donovan McNabb underwent an MRI on his bruised chest Tuesdays, but tests did not reveal anything serious.

''He has a bruised chest,'' Eagles head coach Andy Reid said. ''We have to see how it works out here in the next day or two.'' Reid added that he didn't think McNabb's performance was effected by the injury.

Edited by chonchito

I have McNabb. A bruised chest is not an easy injury to deal w/. Read my post under Anderson's injury. If breathing deep is painfull, he ought to sit. As he'll just agravate it. Not too many 'minor injuries' rank up there with any chest/thorax type injury. IT HURTS BAD!!!!

ALthough I agree he spent way too much time in the pocket last night, the hit you are talking about was:

1 - One play when he did not stay in the pocket that long.

2 - A cheap shot wince the guy left his feet and lead with the helmet.

I guess if that happens before the game started it would have been a penalty.

2 - A cheap shot wince the guy left his feet and lead with the helmet.

I saw the play differently. I forget who all assisted in the tackle (3 guys there I think), but he was finishing or going through the rest of his motion and nailed DM a second after his release. He led with his shoulder, his head was cocked to the side and hit him in the chest with his shoulder/arm.

But, I could be mistaken. :D

If he played Monday Nigth immediately after the injury, why woudl he not play this Sunday in a must win game and a week of rest?

988722[/snapback]

I heard this morning on Sportscenter that it hurts more right now. He had the adrenaline flowing during the game and the bruise hadn't fully formed.

If he played Monday Nigth immediately after the injury, why woudl he not play this Sunday in a must win game and a week of rest?

988722[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays, but it's more of a question of how effective he can be. He didn't look great Monday night, so he could end up screwing a bunch of owners if he struggles again.

He's got a somewhat easier matchup this week, though. Sure, the Niners beat the Rams, but Bulger put up huge numbers in that game regardless; if McNabb can get it together, he might be able to do the same.

He's got a somewhat easier matchup this week, though.  Sure, the Niners beat the Rams, but Bulger put up huge numbers in that game regardless; if McNabb can get it together, he might be able to do the same.

988760[/snapback]

Bulger has two excellent receivers in Holt and Bruce and one really good receiver in Curtis.

A lot better receiving options than McNabb. I am sure TO will want to pound the 9ers though ... and if McNabb doesn't help him, maybe it will add fuel to their feud which is supposedly over.

I say it will only take one hit of Julian Peterson to McNabb's chest area and he will be nowhere near as effective the rest of the game though.

CBS Sportsline reports that McNabb says he'll play in Week 2.

News: Donovan McNabb told the media that he intends on playing against the 49ers in Week 2. It's Philly's home opener.

Analysis: McNabb should see significant time but may be pulled to rest if the Eagles build a big lead. He should start in all leagues.

:D

I saw the play differently.  I forget who all assisted in the tackle (3 guys there I think), but he was finishing or going through the rest of his motion and nailed DM a second after his release.  He led with his shoulder, his head was cocked to the side and hit him in the chest with his shoulder/arm.

But, I could be mistaken.  :D

988678[/snapback]

I understand sometimes you are going to get hit with a helmet. If one guy moves one way and the other guy moves the other way it is bound to happen. From what I saw, and they played it over and over again here in Philly, his head was straight on at Donovan's chest. That is not the only problem I have, my problem is that he left his feet. I thought the rule was pretty clear that if you leave your feet and hit him with your helmet it was spearing? Maybe it wasn't meant to be cheap, but from my view it was illegal.

What gets me is a scuffle before the game causes two guy to be ejected, but a clear penalty during the game goes uncalled.

McNabb must be a wimp. My son played football on the very same day as the Eagles/Falcons game. He played every down on offense (QB) and defense (MLB) and he also blocked a punt and recovered it for a td in his spare time. The other team was down to their 3rd QB after the first two got injured.

Edited by MikesVikes

McNabb must be a wimp.  My son played football on the very same day as the Eagles/Falcons game.  He played every down on offense (QB) and defense (MLB) and he also blocked a punt and recovered it for a td in his spare time.  The other team was down to their 3rd QB after the first two got injured.

990103[/snapback]

Gay kids are much more active......

I saw the play differently.  I forget who all assisted in the tackle (3 guys there I think), but he was finishing or going through the rest of his motion and nailed DM a second after his release.  He led with his shoulder, his head was cocked to the side and hit him in the chest with his shoulder/arm.

But, I could be mistaken.  :D

988678[/snapback]

Sorry dude, but you're totally wrong on this. He hit him square in the chest with the crown of his helmet. It was clear as day, his head was not tilted to the side. Go back and look at the tape.

I understand sometimes you are going to get hit with a helmet.  If one guy moves one way and the other guy moves the other way it is bound to happen.  From what I saw, and they played it over and over again here in Philly, his head was straight on at Donovan's chest.  That is not the only problem I have, my problem is that he left his feet.  I thought the rule was pretty clear that if you leave your feet and hit him with your helmet it was spearing?  Maybe it wasn't meant to be cheap, but from my view it was illegal.

What gets me is a scuffle before the game causes two guy to be ejected, but a clear penalty during the game goes uncalled.

989607[/snapback]

not to mention DeAngelo Hall being immune to pass interference calls....