[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB Players Loyalties

mjaytee

This question is directed to the GB people out there. How do you feel the Javon Walker injury will affect the team? I mean with demigod Favre calling out Walker like he did and Walker getting injured I wonder where the team loyalties lie. If they are with Favre then no problem but if a good portion of the team supported Walker there could be resentment which may affect their play.

Basically I am in a salary cap league and GB has a cheap defense but they are playing a bad offense in Cleveland. I wanted to use GB's defense to clear up some cap room for other positions but did not want to make the move if there is some team resentment out there.

If someone has heard some noise in the Wisconsin area on this situation via newspaper, talk radio, word of mouth or whatever, please give me a heads up. Thanks

Edited by mjaytee

You're asking if team morale and potentially mixed loyalties are going to affect the defensive players in an adverse way...and affect a 1-week, matchup-based fantasy pick-up?

That's asinine.

994135[/snapback]

From my understanding this is a fantasy football website. My question was a legitimate one in this type of forum. If you had nothing of substance to add you should have just ignored the post not lob insults.

From my understanding this is a fantasy football website.  My question was a legitimate one in this type of forum.  If you had nothing of substance to add you should have just ignored the post not lob insults.

994220[/snapback]

If you have been reading on this forum for any length of time (which it looks like you may not have) then you would already know that "lobbing insults" is very much a part of it. :D

I have been hearing about this on the radio shows yesterday and Favre calling out Walker is neither here nor there.Favre saying that Walker should report to camp does not make it his fault he was injured.Teams are not putting up with players trying to play hardball and wanting to redo their deals,especially the way the agents are directing them to handle the situation.Let's let the responsibility lie with the player and his representation and dealing with things the wrong way.I am a Pack fan and regardless of where loyalties lie I see them going 6-10 this year,with or without Walker.As for picking up the defense,I would stay away no matter who they are playing.Get the Lions defense for this week if available.

This question is directed to the GB people out there.  How do you feel the Javon Walker injury will affect the team?  I mean with demigod Favre calling out Walker like he did and Walker getting injured I wonder where the team loyalties lie.  If they are with Favre then no problem but if a good portion of the team supported Walker there could be resentment which may affect their play.

Basically I am in a salary cap league and GB has a cheap defense but they are playing a bad offense in Cleveland.  I wanted to use GB's defense to clear up some cap room for other positions but did not want to make the move if there is some team resentment out there.

If someone has heard some noise in the Wisconsin area on this situation via newspaper, talk radio, word of mouth or whatever, please give me a heads up.  Thanks

994056[/snapback]

I haven't heard any such thing, and I doubt that we would. Even if we did, it's way too difficult to try to quantify in terms of fantasy.

As was stated, the defense played surprsingly well. I think they're worth a shot at home this week.