[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lelie

alexgaddis

In the dynasty league I commish, I traded Lelie straight up for Rudi Johnson during the offseason (it was the other guy's idea, believe it or not). Not as completely crazy as it sounds since WRs get 1 pt/reception and we can start up to 4 WRs while only having to start 1 RB, but still.

That said, I expect Lelie will come on later in the season. Not sure why, but the kid seems to be kind of erratic, plus Plummer doesn't seem to be throwing to him much right now.

As soon as he has a great game, I'll be looking to pick him up.

He'll get there. If you watched the game you saw Plummer go for the money but inexplicably overthrow him (wide open) by about 10 feet. He's been getting plenty of looks actually.

Wait for a shootout scenario or a comeback scenario and he'll blow up. Certainly not a great WR overall, but a good #3 or #4 in my opinion.

I am thinking about benching him for Foster in my flex this week.

Until he scores a TD, he'll be on my bench. When (if?) he scores a TD, he'll gladly be shipped to someone else's bench in return for a Piece of String.

Not that he's cost me any games, but he surely hasn't contributed to the effort either. I'll take my shot w/ Engram or Lloyd from here on out.

I was watching the Carolina game Sunday and wondering why Delhomme's passes to Colbert seem to be completely off the mark while he always hits Steve Smith right on the hands or between the numbers. Then I was watching last night's game and wondering the same thing about Plummer, Lelie, and Rod Smith.

I finally figured it out, but the answer should have been obvious:

Lelie and Colbert aren't running their routes properly. Rod Smith and Steve Smith are.

Edited by tomfin2000

I was watching the Carolina game Sunday and wondering why Delhomme's passes to Colbert seem to be completely off the mark while he always hits Steve Smith right on the hands or between the numbers.    Then I was watching last night's game and wondering the same thing about Plummer, Lelie, and Rod Smith.

I finally figured it out, but the answer should have been obvious:

Lelie and Colbert aren't running their routes properly.  Rod Smith and Steve Smith are.

1025849[/snapback]

Exactly.

The same can be said of Roy Williams ,Charlie Rogers and Mike Williams on my Lions and it drives me crazy.

Good analysis tomfin, that probably has something to do with it. By that manner of thinking though, he does have the ability to improve. I'd rather have a guy with great natural ability who can learn the routes than vice versa.

Lelie did get targeted a decent amount of times. Between the successful running plays, the one catch, the failed long bomb, and several other missed passes (for whatever reason), he's getting 8ish solid looks (didn't actually check that so forgive me if I am dead wrong).

With his total yards he got me about 8 points - blah, but it's something. I would definately not drop him yet.