[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets NEED Volek

alexgaddis

The signing of Testeverde is a complete joke...why don't they make a trade for someone like Volek?  Are they content to play out the year and wait for Chad next year?

help me understand this

1027743[/snapback]

With a QB like McNair who seems to be always hurting- why would you trade a solid back-up?

It takes 2 to tango-- if a team has a dependable backup QB why on Earth would they trade him? And if they DO show interest in making a trade they are for sure going to ask the world.....

I think that backup QB is definately one of the tougher-- and more important-- roles to fill on a team.

Just my opinion.

I heard that the Jets did talk to Tennessee, but the Titans asking price was ridiculous. If I had McNair as my starter I wouldn't give up my back-up either.

I heard that the Jets did talk to Tennessee, but the Titans asking price was ridiculous.  If I had McNair as my starter I wouldn't give up my back-up either.

1028008[/snapback]

I heard that too, that the Titans wanted too much. I also heard they added their practice squad QB to the active roster.

Just heard Jay Glazer"an NFL insider"on the James Brown radio show.The Jets are up against it as far as the cap goes and trading for Volek just won't work.Therefore you get the signing of Vinny for peanuts in NFL terms.

think sometimes fans in the "Fantasy World" think teams can just trade players willy-nilly, as if it's as easy as clicking a button on a Yahoo free league

oh really, you mean they don't use Yahoo?

thanks moran

I just think signing Testeverde is basicall giving up on the season....

According to the wash post, they also asked about Ramsey:

---------------

The New York Jets inquired about Redskins quarterback Patrick Ramsey before signing free agent passer Vinny Testaverde yesterday, but were quickly rebuffed, Redskins officials said.

Vinny Cerrato, Washington's vice president of football operations, said he had a "10-second conversation" with Jets assistant general manager Mike Tannenbaum on the matter. "We told them we're very happy with our quarterback situation," Cerrato said, "and we're not interested in making a trade."

Jets needs (In no particular order):

Their Own stadium

An Oline that can pass block and not get 2 QB's killed in the same game

A mobile QB for reasons just mentioned - A lamp post is more mobile than Vinny

A head coach that can manage the game clock a little better

Lamont Jordan

Someone needs to tell them to stop drafting kickers in the 2nd round

A WR over 5'9"

Another TE since the BIG trade for Jolley is not working out

Change the J-E-T-S chant to mean Just End The Season

Should I go on?

The Jets had little choice here. I would have liked to see them try for Kitna, but I don't think even he could fit under the cap. This comes from a Jet fan that absolutely can't stand Testaverde as a QB. The Jets did the right thing in getting a viable backup, but when you lose 2 QB's in 7 plays..... I think it's hard to plan for that. I think Bollinger has the best chance to win, I already know what Vinny does. He throws INT's when he isn't getting sacked.