[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"waiver wire warriors"

Roustabout

While not tied to the name, the old title was not self-explanatory enough for people less astute than you. I know that for a fact.

We went back and forth over a ton a choices, none particularly screaming "use me" so we ended up with that one hoping people could see it and think it was about waiver wire stuff. You would be surprised what some people will skip over despite probably loving it if they would just click the link.

A rose by any other name, and all that.

Personally, I liked the old name better, too. HOWEVER, as the author, I'd also prefer for more people to read it, relative to last year. And DMD and WW think the new title will help make that happen. So given a choice a between a catchier title, or more readers, I'll roll with the new title and additional readership. Though, I certainly appriciate the sentiment, Roustabout.

I hear ya DMD -- I understand your rationale. (And I appreciate you calling me astute.)

The one thing I would say in response is that clever titles like "Trash Can Report" can become signature features -- while the name "waiver wire warriors" is bland.

Of course my opinion doesn't mean anything but you might consider the value gained by using the old name and allowing people to find it. It's like the difference between a Whopper and a "Really Large Hamburger Sandwich."

In any case, I respectfully withdraw my nascent petition.

Dang -- it was a cause I was going to rally around!!  Dumpster diving in the Trash Can Report proved very valuable to me in the past ... I liked the old name .. :D

1069869[/snapback]

Agreed!

However, understanding (or tried to) the more politically correct name of Waiver Wire Warriors, that would seem more soothing and comforting to the momos (not that there is anything wrong with that), I'll be quite.

It has become a slippery slope indeed. :D

Did Spain have 10 votes to everybody elses 1? Ah, the sheepmanity! :D

Edited by Turf Smurf

Agreed!

However, understanding (or tried to) the more politically correct name of Waiver Wire Warriors, that would seem more soothing and comforting to the momos (not that there is anything wrong with that), I'll be quite.

1070877[/snapback]

But you have to admit, it IS more appropiate than the other choice:

"Yo Mama's Waiver Wire Whack-Circle".

Edited by Bonehand

But you have to admit, it IS more appropiate than the other choice:

"Yo Mama's Waiver Wire Whack-Circle".

1071227[/snapback]

Yup...I just don't see the ladies in the crowd saying...

Y M W W W C

Although I do suspect that Yo Mamma is part of the new Village People. :D