[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blockbuster Trade

MrTed46

I start

1 qb, 3 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1k, 1dst

My roster:

D Brees*

LT*

Edge*

DD*

Benson

Bus

Chad J*

B lloyd*

Kevin Curtis*

Lee Evans

Andre Johnson

Gonzo*

Chris Cooley

Jeff wilkins*

Benagls*

Panthers

Trade:

I Give

Brees, Chad J, DD, Benson

I get

P Manning, Harrison, Fitzgerald, and Barlow

Opinions please

i don't see it. the lesson learned from the 1st 6 weeks is that indy is not the same team as last year. brunell with a bye is on par with manning this season with no bye. you cannot look at manning as a significant upgrade when he is playing in a ball control offense that takes advantage of their now effective D. you would compound that by bringing in harrison and taking a double whammy when indy keeps winning with lower scores (even higher scores still do not translate to big peyton numbers, a la last night). you have the best part of indy's offense already: edge.

losing chad and dd would be a massive blow. do you really want to start barlow every week? i like fitz but he will not make up this difference.

i'd stand pat and look for other QB options on the waiver wire if you want to try and upgrade brees.

tony

i don't see it.  the lesson learned from the 1st 6 weeks is that indy is not the same team as last year.  brunell with a bye is on par with manning this season with no bye.  you cannot look at manning as a significant upgrade when he is playing in a ball control offense that takes advantage of their now effective D.  you would compound that by bringing in harrison and taking a double whammy when indy keeps winning with lower scores (even higher scores still do not translate to big peyton numbers, a la last night).  you have the best part of indy's offense already:  edge.

losing chad and dd would be a massive blow.  do you really want to start barlow every week?  i like fitz but he will not make up this difference.

i'd stand pat and look for other QB options on the waiver wire if you want to try and upgrade brees.

tony

1080430[/snapback]

Listen to Tony.

Thank you all for advice. I declined the trade.

I dont mind having brees he puts up decent #s but I do mind my WRs....they are bad. (CJ exception)

Kurtis = Bruce will be back + Bulger hurt

Lloyd = new qb bad team

Andre = no explanation needed

Lee Evans = silent thus far

Edited by MrTed46