[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephen Davis on Waiver..get him?

Chazman819

Stephen Davis just showed up on Waiver...do I dare? My RB's are LT, Martin, Perry, and Brown.

The way our league is, all transactions must be from Mon 8am to Midnight Wed. Anything outside of that and you make a move, and it gets canceled by the commish. I don't have to worry, because it will be Sat when he clears, so no one can pick him up anymore this week, which means i could have first shot at him monday morning.

Given my lack of quality depth, do I drop Perry and get him monday morning?

Thanks

Edited by Chazman819

No...I would hold on to Chris Perry, a guy who gets spot duty over the starter on Carolina who already has 7 TDs (maybe more?).  OF COURSE YOU PICK UP S. DAVIS.  What is wrong with these posts?

1082010[/snapback]

Well said. I was trying to be too nice. :D

Even if Davis doesn't rack up the yardage, there's an excellent chance he'll get the ball near the goal line. He's lethal there, and thus presents a far better option than Chris Perry.

1082108[/snapback]

I just wasn't sure if there was a bit of news I was missing on him which is why he was dropped. I couldn't find anything other than a low YPC avg as to why he was dropped, soI was trying to see if anyone knew something else.

Of course I know he's better than Perry.

I just wasn't sure if there was a bit of news I was missing on him which is why he was dropped. I couldn't find anything other than a low YPC avg as to why he was dropped, soI was trying to see if anyone knew something else.

Of course I know he's better than Perry.

1082331[/snapback]

Fair enough....my apologies. If you were basically questioning if there was some Davis news out there that you weren't aware of, then it makes sense.

I traded Davis away as part of a much larger deal and, when given the chance to take him back, I passed. BUT, if the alternative is Perry, Davis looks pretty darn good. His yardage is going to suck and the big plays are going to the receivers, but the TDs will come through on a regular enough basis to make him more valuable that most of the people currently resting on WW's.