[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is LT for Caddy and Ward fair?

thehype

Is Tomlinson for Cadillac and Hines Ward a fair trade?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is Tomlinson for Cadillac and Hines Ward a fair trade?

• Yes
    • No

Maybe I'm wrong, but personally, I don't think trading Tomlinson for Cadillac and Ward is a fair trade. I don't think it's fair at all. On the contrary, it sounds pretty dumb to me. However, the person who owns Tomlinson seems to think it's fair and is insisting on the trade. He claims that he absolutley must make this trade because Tomlinson, Chad Johnson, and Carson Palmer are all on bye in week 10 so he was hoping to get rid of Tomlinson this week in hopes of picking up Cadillac (who, by the way, is on bye this week) and Ward to fill his week 10 void.

:D

Huh?

Something sounds fishy to me...especially if you consider that he just traded Hines Ward last week...coincidentally to the same team he's making this Tomlinson trade with.

Does that sound strange to anyone else...or am I just losing my mind?

I would not be so quick to call it a conspiracy but it IS a bad trade. I don't like the trade either but stupid trades are a part of Fantasy Football every year, in every league. Maybe this guy really likes Caddy. Some owners worry too much about bye weeks (in my opinion), and will sacrifice the quality of their teams to not loose points on a bad bye week. That does not necessarily mean its some kind of conspiracy. That being said, you know your league better than I do so maybe this guy is trying to pull some shady crap (the trade and trade-back of Ward does raise an eyebrow). Nonetheless, it doesn't sound that bad to me.

I'd say that's :D at best, especially considering his "bye week" excuse. Are you sure they're two different guys? Sounds like someone trying to shuffle their better players to their better team. I was in a league years ago (Rams SB win) where a guy took control of a buddy's losing team and traded Faulk to himself for a couple of dead weight roster fillers. Our commish was too big a pu**y to call him on it. I never played with those tools again.

2 inj. guys for the no. 1 fantasy RB..... :D

Doesn't sound right.  Where are they in the standings.  He'd need a better WR than Ward IMO.

1081818[/snapback]

Team A, with LT, is 4-2...second in the division.

Team B, with Caddy and Ward, is 3-2-1...second in the division.

Last week, Team A traded Hines Ward and Brian Griese to Team B for Wayne Chrebet and Carson Palmer...Team A then proceeded to drop Wayne Chrebet (that sounded a little odd too, but no big deal).

This week, Team A wants to trade LT to Team B for Caddy and Ward.

:D

I'd say that's  :D at best, especially considering his "bye week" excuse.  Are you sure they're two different guys?  Sounds like someone trying to shuffle their better players to their better team.  I was in a league years ago (Rams SB win) where a guy took control of a buddy's losing team and traded Faulk to himself for a couple of dead weight roster fillers.  Our commish was too big a pu**y to call him on it.  I never played with those tools again.

1081879[/snapback]

Hahaha...actually, they are two different guys, but they sure do seem to work well together. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that they're neighbors and best friends...hmmmmm.

Try to snag LT yourself by offering a better combo if you got one...

1081959[/snapback]

That's an idea. :D

Dropping Chrebet makes sense because why would he be on a roster to begin with?

So over the last two weeks, the overall trade is this:

Team A: Gets Carson Palmer + Caddy

Team B: Gets LT + Griese

That actually seems pretty fair to me. If we're looking at the big picture.

Edge and Reggie Wayne for LT and one of his receivers sounds like a much better deal to me...but he doesn't seem interested in a trade like that...which makes it sound a little more fishy.

100+ views and only 15 votes?

Come on fellas...place that vote and let me know what you think.

Edited by thehype

could be worse...at the start of the season someone traded..LT for JJ arrington and Steven Jackson...i offered Tiki and caddilac....

1082113[/snapback]

See, that's why I don't let my little sister and my mother-in-law play in my fantasy football league. Next year you'll know better.