[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker

admtahoe

It amazes me how a RB has a good week here and there and just so happens to have a lucky week again and he is suddenly Da Man?

Totally amazing.

Willie has a long way to go before he is Da Man.

There are easily 15 or more RB's I would want before him. As far as Da Man category goes.

Willie would need to perform and produce like Alexander, LT, Holmes, E. James, Barber, etc. before he even comes close to Da Man.

1. When Willie carries the team

2. When he wins a rushing title

3. When he rushes for 2000 yrds

4. When he gets more than 15 TD's in a season

Then maybe he can be called the man.

Willie had the lucky fortunre of playing against a weaek Defense AGAIN

His best games were against Weak Defenses, I would like to see him perform against a real defense.

Week 1, 161 yards, 1TD

Week 2, 111 yards, 1 TD

Week 3, 55 yards, 0 TD

Week 4 BYE

Week 5, 26 yards, 0TD

Week 6, 55 yards, 0 TD

Week 7 131 yards, 1 TD

6 weeks and 3 TD's. You can have "Da Man"

Good Luck.

It amazes me how a RB has a good week here and there and just so happens to have a lucky week again and he is suddenly Da Man?

Totally amazing.

There are easily 15 or more RB's I would want before him.  As far as Da Man category goes.

Willie would need to perform and produce like Alexander, LT, Holmes, E. James, Barber, etc.  before he even comes close to Da Man.

1.  When Willie carries the team

2.  When he wins a rushing title

3.  When he rushes for 2000 yrds

4.  When he gets more than 15 TD's in a season

His best games were against Weak Defenses, I would like to see him perform against a real defense.

Week 1, 161 yards, 1TD

Week 2, 111 yards, 1 TD

Week 3, 55 yards, 0 TD

Week 4 BYE

Week 5, 26 yards, 0TD

Week 6, 55 yards, 0 TD

Week 7 131 yards, 1 TD

6 weeks and 3 TD's.  You can have "Da Man"

Good Luck.

1094040[/snapback]

Why do you care so much??

Willie needs to perform like LT does against a good def...like the Eagles.

LT and Alex are the exception maybe include Edge this year. But it is much a crap shot after those guys.

I on the other hand love having a good RB on a run dominate team.

It's not so much as I care, just something to talk about here.

I just don't think he is all that, plain and simple. That is of course my opinion.

I do disagree regarding Alex, LT and James and being a crap shoot after that.

I'll take Holmes, Barber, Jordan, McGahee, D. Davis, Anderson, Bell, R. Johnson, Portis, M. Moore, and a few others, over parker this year.

Parker should get better as time goes on, I just don't see him as being the greatest thing since sliced bread this year.

I think the idea is that he is "the man" in terms of superceding projected value.

His numbers are good, and he can break long runs. He's Warrick Dunn-ish. I am not touting him as a premier back, but for a guy I drafted in the last round of my draft, and many people grabbed off FA/WW list, he is "da man."

In a year, where many people are facing serious injury problems at RB and Flex positions, he's a fantastic fill in.

I think the idea is that he is "the man" in terms of superceding projected value. 

His numbers are good, and he can break long runs.  He's Warrick Dunn-ish.  I am not touting him as a premier back, but for a guy I drafted in the last round of my draft, and many people grabbed off FA/WW list, he is "da man."   

In a year, where many people are facing serious injury problems at RB and Flex positions, he's a fantastic fill in.

1094327[/snapback]

I drafted him in the last round also...IMO...He is the MAN!

Totally amazing.

There are easily 15 or more RB's I would want before him.  As far as Da Man category goes.

Willie would need to perform and produce like Alexander, LT, Holmes, E. James, Barber, etc.  before he even comes close to Da Man.

1.  When Willie carries the team

2.  When he wins a rushing title

3.  When he rushes for 2000 yrds

4.  When he gets more than 15 TD's in a season

Week 1, 161 yards, 1TD

Week 2, 111 yards, 1 TD

Week 3, 55 yards, 0 TD

Week 4 BYE

Week 5, 26 yards, 0TD

Week 6, 55 yards, 0 TD

Week 7 131 yards, 1 TD

6 weeks and 3 TD's.  You can have "Da Man"

Good Luck.

1094040[/snapback]

You must have started Bettis, huh? :D

You must have started Bettis, huh?  :D

1094987[/snapback]

Actually I don't own any steelers players, I can't stand the team, so perhaps Im a little bias.

I just like to humor some of you :D

But I do disagree with Parker until he actually proves something, which in my book takes a couple of seasons.

But hey, I've been wrong before :D

But it's all good, good luck to you willie owners. I just hope I get to play against him every week in my leagues.

FWP might not be "da man" but he's averaging 4.8 yds per carry and can take any one of them to "da house". Not bad for a guy who went undrafted and sat most of the time at UNC.

Willie's a great 2nd or 3rd back this year. Only time will tell if he becomes "da man" but for the time being he's definitely an every week starter. Bettis can't carry the load and Deuce can't stay healthy ---- not a bad position to be in on an "O" that runs the ball 65% of the time.

~GO STEELERS!