[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy

giantsfan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how excited I'd be starting Caddy this week. They're playing San Fran and should easily be able to handle them without him. I just can't see Gruden running Caddy that much in a game like this with the injuries that he's going through. As of right now, I plan on sitting K. Jones and starting Pittman. Of course this could change depending on what kind of news comes out before game-time.

I realize most of the buzz about Caddy playing this week is positive right now, but Gruden is still hemming and hawing and refusing to say he'll play for sure. Here's the latest I found:

"He looked okay to me," Gruden said after practice. "He's got to get back into his rhythm as a football player. He's been out for some time. We expect him to play, to be honest with you, but I can't say any more than that. We'll see how he feels (today), and hopefully he feels better and can perform more and more as the week unfolds."

I just have to think that in a game like this where the opponent is completely outmatched on both sides of the ball, Gruden will be reluctant to put his star rookie in the line of fire unless he's absolutely sure the kid is 100%. I mean, a strained rib cage or thigh bruise is one thing, but a bad foot? I know I wouldn't put a rehabbing rookie RB out there if there was any risk of re-injury to his wheels. And even if Caddy does see the field this week, do you think he'll still be playing in the 3rd quarter when the Bucs are up by 21 points and Ken Dorsey throws his 4th INT?

I own Williams in one of my dynasty leagues, and I also have Marion Barber, who this week is my next best option. I may regret it, but I'm starting Barber.

I realize most of the buzz about Caddy playing this week is positive right now, but Gruden is still hemming and hawing and refusing to say he'll play for sure.  Here's the latest I found:

I just have to think that in a game like this where the opponent is completely outmatched on both sides of the ball, Gruden will be reluctant to put his star rookie in the line of fire unless he's absolutely sure the kid is 100%.  I mean, a strained rib cage or thigh bruise is one thing, but a bad foot?  I know I wouldn't put a rehabbing rookie RB out there if there was any risk of re-injury to his wheels.  And even if Caddy does see the field this week, do you think he'll still be playing in the 3rd quarter when the Bucs are up by 21 points and Ken Dorsey throws his 4th INT?

I own Williams in one of my dynasty leagues, and I also have Marion Barber, who this week is my next best option.  I may regret it, but I'm starting Barber.

1101832[/snapback]

well, i'm gonna start him if he's gonna play, simply because, if they're up by 21 points, chances are he would be a big, if not the only part of it.

well, i'm gonna start him if he's gonna play, simply because, if they're up by 21 points, chances are he would be a big, if not the only part of it.

1101850[/snapback]

Forgot to mention--the Bucs will be up 21-0 because they'll have run Dorsey's first 3 INT's back for TDs. :D

October 28, 2005, 09:34

Buccaneers :: RB

RB C.Williams Remains Questionable

TAMPA - Despite a solid day of practice and almost four weeks of rest, rookie RB Cadillac Williams is still listed as questionable for Sunday's game in San Francisco. A sprained left arch continues to hamper Tampa Bay's first-round pick, who is averaging 4.5 yards per carry. Williams hasn't played since the third quarter of an ineffective performance against Detroit on Oct. 2.

"The last four weeks, I've never seen anyone that frustrated," Bucs running backs coach Art Valero said Thursday. "Early on, he tried to hide it as much as he could because he wanted to play so bad. We'd ask him how he was and he'd say 'good' when he probably really wasn't."

Coach Jon Gruden said the Bucs are optimistic Williams will be dressed and ready for the 1-5 49ers, who are saddled with the league's worst defense.

"Cadillac's a hard guy to get information from -- he's like Fort Knox," Gruden said. "You've got to see him in high gear and I thought he showed some explosive change today. We are encouraged by what we see."

The Bucs might be tempted to give Williams, whose gloves and shoes are already in a display case at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, additional rest before the start of divisional play against Carolina on Nov. 6.

"Mentally, he was sharper in practice today, but Cadillac is still not as flexible as he'd like to be," Valero said. "Realistically, something like he's got could be an eight- or a nine-week deal. Right now, it's been four weeks."

Edited by RussMan

October 28, 2005, 09:34

Buccaneers :: RB

RB C.Williams Remains Questionable

TAMPA - Despite a solid day of practice and almost four weeks of rest, rookie RB Cadillac Williams is still listed as questionable for Sunday's game in San Francisco. A sprained left arch continues to hamper Tampa Bay's first-round pick, who is averaging 4.5 yards per carry. Williams hasn't played since the third quarter of an ineffective performance against Detroit on Oct. 2.

"The last four weeks, I've never seen anyone that frustrated," Bucs running backs coach Art Valero said Thursday. "Early on, he tried to hide it as much as he could because he wanted to play so bad. We'd ask him how he was and he'd say 'good' when he probably really wasn't."

Coach Jon Gruden said the Bucs are optimistic Williams will be dressed and ready for the 1-5 49ers, who are saddled with the league's worst defense.

"Cadillac's a hard guy to get information from -- he's like Fort Knox," Gruden said. "You've got to see him in high gear and I thought he showed some explosive change today. We are encouraged by what we see."

The Bucs might be tempted to give Williams, whose gloves and shoes are already in a display case at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, additional rest before the start of divisional play against Carolina on Nov. 6.

"Mentally, he was sharper in practice today, but Cadillac is still not as flexible as he'd like to be," Valero said. "Realistically, something like he's got could be an eight- or a nine-week deal. Right now, it's been four weeks."

1105535[/snapback]

:D

Latest from KFFL:

Buccaneers | Williams Practices, Expected to Play Week 8

Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:31:36 -0700

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Carnell Williams (foot, hamstring) practiced Friday, Oct. 28 and is expected to play in Week 8. Williams is listed as questionable this week with foot and hamstring injuries.

Whats with this "questionable" bs. If he practiced all week how is he "questionable"?

Way too many games being played with these injury reports. All you can do is be parked in front of you PC every Sunday just before kickoff, you can't trust these injury reports.

Whats with this "questionable" bs.  If he practiced all week how is he "questionable"?

Way too many games being played with these injury reports.  All you can do is be parked in front of you PC every Sunday just before kickoff, you can't trust these injury reports.

1105941[/snapback]

Time to be a broken record again.

I think Gruden is just reducing expectations about Carnell playing. If he upgrades him to probable, he'll take more heat from the fans (not to mention Carnell) if he doesn't play. By keeping him at questionable, he keeps his options open.

Gruden is doing us a favor (not that he cares about FFers!) by signaling his intentions for this game. Instead of being frustrated by this, we should get the message: Caddy won't play much this Sunday, if at all.

Well, either that or he's ready to turn the kid loose and he just wants to keep the 49er defenders guessing. :D

Well, either that or he's ready to turn the kid loose and he just wants to keep the 49er defenders guessing.  :D

1106675[/snapback]

that's likely not the case, I think he looks at this game as a pointless game to play him in...

he really should just start Pittman and have him for next week in the divisional rival game against the Panthers..

Prognosis is encouraging for Cadillac

By JOANNE KORTH and STEPHEN F. HOLDER, Times wires

Published October 29, 2005

TAMPA - Bucs rookie running back Cadillac Williams is not certain he'll play Sunday at San Francisco, but his injured left foot feels the best it has in more than a month.

"Right now it's still a day-by-day thing, but I feel pretty good," Williams said Friday after participating fully in practices on three consecutive days. "This is pretty much the best I've felt since the injury."

Williams missed the past two games because of strained tendons in his arch. Tampa Bay, which has the best record in the NFC at 5-1, is coming off a bye that gave Williams and others time to heal.

Williams remains listed as questionable, but coach Jon Gruden is encouraged.

"We're trying to get more information from him, but he's a very isolated human being," Gruden said. "So, we just go out and practice and see how he looks for ourselves. ... We'll sleep on it and see how we feel when we get to San Francisco, but we're optimistic with what we saw."

Well could be a big mistake but I am going with Pittman today.

1109317[/snapback]

I have no choice but to go with Caddy today, it's either him or Bettis.

From PFS:10/30/05 9:35am MST - Late Game Personnel Risk: RB Carnell Williams (hamstring-foot) took team reps full term on Friday and is expected to play a large roll in the offense today... as long as the game is still in question. Expect backup running back to get a share of the offensive booty while spelling Williams. PFSi Tampa Bay reported on Saturday that Williams is expected to start and get solid work baring a setback this afternoon, but being a late game start there is some risk in starting Williams. The risk doesn't stop with pre-game, it extends into the game. If Williams was to tweak either his foot or hambone the Bucs would likely pull him from the game. Plan accordingly.

From PFS:10/30/05 9:35am MST - Late Game Personnel Risk: RB Carnell Williams (hamstring-foot) took team reps full term on Friday and is expected to play a large roll in the offense today... as long as the game is still in question. Expect backup running back to get a share of the offensive booty while spelling Williams. PFSi Tampa Bay reported on Saturday that Williams is expected to start and get solid work baring a setback this afternoon, but being a late game start there is some risk in starting Williams. The risk doesn't stop with pre-game, it extends into the game. If Williams was to tweak either his foot or hambone the Bucs would likely pull him from the game. Plan accordingly.

1109340[/snapback]

Crap. Well, let's see it's Williams or Barlow. Gonna be a looong afternoon.

Crap. Well, let's see it's Williams or Barlow. Gonna be a looong afternoon.

1109373[/snapback]

It's either Caddy or Gore for my RB3. :D , time to roll the dice and pray for Caddy.