[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just made this trade

WildTurkey

I think it was a good one. Davis is so hit or miss and I can't take that risk (in 4th place in a 4 team playoff league). Thoughts?

1100054[/snapback]

If Julius and Caddy were healthy and dependable, SDavis would be expendable, making any kind of a flyer deal interesting, but I'm thinking you could have done better than Evans as a flyer for SD ...

Still, it's an interesting deal and if LEvans can live up to his potential and your RBs heal, you'll do well.

A thought on your DEF. TB will serve you well ... If Jacksonville is available, scoop them up as a playoff companion for TB ... Jax has SF and Hou in the playoff weeks ...

I picked up Evans prior to Week 5 when it was announced that Holcomb would get the start, but I dropped him to pick up the Eagles defense last weekend.

The point is that he was a free agent for several weeks when I picked him up and he's been a free agent since I dropped him last Saturday.

Granted, we only have 6 bench spots, but when a guy spends the better part of the first seven weeks as a free agent in a 12 team league, that should tell you that he's not very productive.

Maybe that will change, but I'm not betting on it.

As far as Davis is concerned, there's something I've learned over the past couple of weeks from owning Steven Jackson this year and playing against the average starting RB this season:

A back that scores TDs will win you a lot more games than a back that racks up yardage but rarely sniffs the endzone.

Unless Lee Evans busts out the second half of the season like he did last year, you've just been served. It happens to all of us at one point or another though, so don't take it too hard. It was a mistake, but probably not a fatal one.

LOL ... I see no one thinks like I do. Detroit D has the stats they have because of a couple of DEF TDs they have over the past couple of weeks. That aint gonna last in my opinion. Tampa D has been solid every week.

I picked DET off the waiver wire two seconds before I made this trade.

I guess no one remembers what Evans did last year, and if you see my receivers I have already, I'm not worried. Stephen Davis may do awesome against the Vikes, but he is breaking down before our eyes. I feel much more secure with S. Jackson, F. Taylor, and da Bus in my starting lineup.

Anyway, we'll see. No one knows what's going to happen any more than you know what number's coming up on the roulette wheel.

I have Taylor and I'm a Jax homer, but I still pray that I never have to start him two weeks in a row.

1100193[/snapback]

Agreed, I'm just banking on Jones or Caddy healing up. Jones butched up and came back last year, maybe this year he'll do the same. His injury was a lot worse last year in my opinion.

Agreed, I'm just banking on Jones or Caddy healing up. Jones butched up and came back last year, maybe this year he'll do the same. His injury was a lot worse last year in my opinion.

1100251[/snapback]

Yeah, I think you'll be fine with Jones, Caddy and Steve Jackson. I just think you could have gotten more for Davis. I don't disagree with you about the Bucs defense outlasting the Lions though. That's why I'm carrying the Eagles and the Bengals. If the Bengals can't keep up their momentum the rest of the season, I'll still have a solid defense to play.