[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks!

godtomsatan

A few weeks ago you called the Hawks offense a one-trick pony with a quarterback who can't move his team down the field.  And much like in this instance, handpicked a few games and stats that supported your pre-conceived notion while completely ignoring the contradictory evidence.

1239798[/snapback]

That's funny. I don't recall Hasselbeck ever winning a shootout... or a playoff game, for that matter.

If there's "contradictory evidence", perhaps you can point it out to me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not doubt about it, both teams benefited from the schedules they played.  Last year, the Colts played the AFC West and the NFC North.  They had a tough schedule and could not get a good enough record to get either of the top seeds.  New England played the AFC North and the NFC West last year, just like the Colts this year, and they got a first round bye.  You've got to be lucky and good to win a bye, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have an easier schedule.  Combined with the above stats, and the fact that the Seeahawks have no play-off contenders whatsoever in their division, definitely makes it appear they have an easier schedule than the Colts.  And the fact that two of their wins against play-off contenders are a little shaky, I don't think it's unfair to say they've had an easy schedule.  I agree, however, that the Colts have not had as tough a road as, for example, the Chargers.  But you have to play the schedule the NFL gives you.  The Colts and Seahawks deserve the top seeds.  Now they just have to prove it to the doubters in the play-offs.

1239913[/snapback]

Exactly! Once again, a brilliant analysis by the Captain. I tip my hat to you, & hope that if the stars align & the day comes, you will honor me with a Superbowl sigline bet. :D

Edited by Bonehand

If there's "contradictory evidence", perhaps you can point it out to me.

1239921[/snapback]

Earlier in the year you claimed the Seattle offense was a one trick pony because Hass was incapable of leading his team to a must score drive. Not only has he done that on at least a couple occassions (Redskins and Cowboys really come to mind) this season, the Hawks (at least up until recently) lead the NFL in most points scored in the final 2 minutes of both halfs. I believe your subsequent response was to bring up the Green Bay playoff game from two years ago.

So, I'm not sure that you still think the Seattle Offense is a one-trick pony, but I'll comment on your apparent ever changing criteria on why you think Hasselbeck still currently sucks.

The no playoff win comment is legitimate, but not sure how that validates a quarterback's ability to move his team down field. Hass didn't drop the ball in the end zone last year on the last play of the wild card game. Also, the only thing as Hawk fan I care about right now: No quarterback has more playoff wins THIS YEAR. You seem to keep harkening back to previous years, and I'm justifying my stance on what I've seen this season.

I don't think the Tennesse game (Week 13 or 14....) was necessarily a shoot out, but the Hawks gave up a lead and trailed by 10 points late in the third quarter. The next 2 consecutive TD drives were far from a one-trick pony offense.

Edited by bushwacked

The Seahawks have the best record in their history, but that history doesn't have a lot of success. Chuck Knox had some good teams out there with C Warner and S Lagent, but the future will determine their real history.

Good luck to them. The time is now. They could get to the SB, but I doubt if they'll win it this year. But you never know.

So, I'm not sure that you still think the Seattle Offense is a one-trick pony, but I'll comment on your apparent ever changing criteria on why you think Hasselbeck still currently sucks. 

The no playoff win comment is legitimate, but not sure how that validates a quarterback's ability to move his team down field.  Hass didn't drop the ball in the end zone last year on the last play of the wild card game.  Also, the only thing as  Hawk fan I care about right now:  No quarterback has more playoff wins THIS YEAR.  You seem to keep harkening back to previous years, and I'm justifying my stance on what I've seen this season.

I don't think the Tennesse game (Week 13 or 14....) was necessarily a shoot out, but the Hawks gave up a lead and trailed by 10 points late in the third quarter.  The next 2 consecutive TD drives were far from a one-trick pony offense.

1241493[/snapback]

I have to see more from Hasselbeck in big games for me not to label that offense a "one-trick pony." Granted, I don't watch many Hawks regular-season games, but what I've seen from him in the past and during the Giants game looked pretty bad to me. Your point about the Dallas game is legitimate. However, engeneering drives to beat Tennessee is significantly less impressive. Maybe Hass will prove me wrong in January. We'll have to wait and see.

One of the Huddle writers called KC's offense a "one-trick pony" a year or two ago. I find many similarities between that offense and Seattle's, especially the dominating offensive lines and very talented RBs. I think that Hasselbeck is on Trent Green's level in terms of talent. That's not a knock, as Green is obviously a very solid QB. But he's not the kind of guy I'd rely on to engineer that critical two-minute drill against a tough defense. I've never seen Green or Hass do anything special without dominating O-linemen (Shields, Roaf, Jones, Terry) or strong backs (Priest, LJ, Richardson, Alexander, Strong). But, again, we'll see what Hass does next month.