[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks!

godtomsatan

Best team in football ?? are you joking

they played the cards , rams and niners twice this season ..I think a bunch of us on the huddle could beat those 3 teams

They beat a Colts team that had no interest playing yetserday and were missing regulars as well as their head coach

They should have obviously lost to Giants ( Shank you , Feeley )

Seahawks are a very good team but are a product of their schedule as well as some luck ... i am not even sure they can get out of NFC never mind the best team in football label

enjoy it while it lasts because it will not last long come January

1236768[/snapback]

I think GTS went on a bit of a fishing expedition, especially for those who have been hating on the Seahawks routinely. I think it worked.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come and sit down all you Seahaeks fans and let me tell you a little story of my Philadelphia Eagles. We were once the "best team in the NFC" three straight years going into the playoffs. You know what that got us? One Super Bowl loss. Was it a good ride? Sure. But the playoffs are a totally different game. I think the Seahawks D is going to be the weak link that kills this team in the playoffs. I wish you all the best, but enjoy it know because one bad game (or great game by the other team) and you are out.

:D Could not be happier for our HAWKS!!  What a season.  Yeah hey the NFC is soft, but someone has to play in the NFC.  I like their chances of advancing in the playoffs...its not going to be easy...but we are pretty healthy this year and will be getting some players healed up in the secondary...our weakness for sure!!  But will be tough for anyone to stop us running the ball.  Alexander is on a roll and I think our front line could match up with any of the AFC front O lines in the NFL.  Hass has been on the $$ for a few games now and it seems as though his reads are coming much easier...he looks confident in the pocket and our WRS are catching everything coming within range.  With Jackson back at full strengh come playoff time...I really think we will be hard to beat.  But time will tell for sure.  But it's a GREAT TIME TO BE A HAWK FAN...FINALY SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT AND BE PROUD OF!!!

:DGO HAWKS GO.

1236391[/snapback]

Couldnt have summed it up better myself! I predicted this since the begininng of the season and It wil be made true.

This season, the Seahawks did what good teams do, which is beat the teams that have been put in front of them, and while their schedule was soft, it was not much more so than the Colts, yet no one questions whether or not the Colts are for real.

1237276[/snapback]

Looks like someone didn't do his homework...

Colts vs. JAX (11-4, clinched Wild Card): Won

Colts @ NE (10-5, division winner): Won

Colts @ CIN (11-4, division winner): Won

Colts vs. PIT (10-5, could get Wild Card berth next weekend): Won

Colts @ JAX (11-4, clinched Wild Card): Won

Colts vs. SD (9-6): Lost

Discounting the meaningless game this past weekend where most of the starters sat after the half, the Colts are 5-1 against teams that've won 9 games or more.

Now, let's see how many 9-win teams Seattle has played against...

Seahawks @ JAX (11-4, WC): Lost

Seahawks @ WAS (9-6, 2nd place): Lost

Seahawks vs. DAL (9-6 3rd place): Won

Seahawks vs. NYG (10-5, 1st place): Won, but were lucky to do so

So, Seattle has played two fewer games against what I'd consider "quality teams" and is only 2-2 against those teams. Also consider that Dallas and New York are arguably inferior to New England, Cincy, and Pittsburgh.

So, no, the Colts certainly didn't have a "soft" schedule and I think it's fair to say that they've done more against good teams than Seattle has thus far.

By the way, It kills me that people continue to bring up the Jacksonville game to illustrate ANY point. As if the first game of the season for any team, on the road, in 115 degree heat would have any bearing in the least on where a team is at the end of the season.

I'll buy the argument that the Week 1 loss against Jacksonville might not carry very much weight right now, but they're still 0-2 against quality opponents on the road this year. While their soft schedule isn't their fault, it's fair to say that they really haven't been tested this year like, say, New England or Pittsburgh has.

Edited by Bill Swerski

:D Could not be happier for our HAWKS!!  What a season.  Yeah hey the NFC is soft, but someone has to play in the NFC.  I like their chances of advancing in the playoffs...its not going to be easy...but we are pretty healthy this year and will be getting some players healed up in the secondary...our weakness for sure!!  But will be tough for anyone to stop us running the ball.  Alexander is on a roll and I think our front line could match up with any of the AFC front O lines in the NFL.  Hass has been on the $$ for a few games now and it seems as though his reads are coming much easier...he looks confident in the pocket and our WRS are catching everything coming within range.  With Jackson back at full strengh come playoff time...I really think we will be hard to beat.  But time will tell for sure.  But it's a GREAT TIME TO BE A HAWK FAN...FINALY SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT AND BE PROUD OF!!!

:DGO HAWKS GO.

1236391[/snapback]

I've done my share of Seahawks bashing on these boards, and I've laughed at all the predictions every year about Seattle going to the Super Bowl.  Being a Broncos fan, I've got that old AFC West deep-rooted rivalry hatred thing going on.

However.....

This Seattle team appears to be different.  They aren't making any mistakes, they are healthy, and they seem to be able to handle anything else the NFC can throw at them.  Props to the Seahawks, and good luck in the playoffs.  That's a good team you have up there.

1236503[/snapback]

2 good posts. :D

Hope I don't seeya! Where's that clown smilee? :D

Bill Swerski you cant say we were lucky to beat the Giants when they shouldnt have even had 14 points on the board.

By the way in the playoffs there is gonna be no road games. Homefeild advantage means seahawks are playing the Patriots in Detroit.

Edited by Seahawk37

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but it ain't gonna snow here in Seattle during the playoffs. However I can almost promise some of that patented frozen rain whippin through that relentless wind!!

Now, I'm not going to go off and say this team is as talented offensively as Indianapolis. There is no way in heck the Seahawks porous secondary can contain Peyton Manning, we've already seen that. What we also have seen, however, is there ain't no way in heck the Colts are gonna stop the Hawks either!! Not with Hasselbeck playing as well as he is. If we could only block that Freeney guy.....oh wait thats right we got big Walt!! This is gonna be fun, I'll be at both playoff games, and if all goes well, I'm sellin the Jeep and flyin to Detroit!! BWWWWAAAAAKKKK!!!

Edited by Seahawks21

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but it ain't gonna snow here in Seattle during the playoffs.  However I can almost promise some of that patented frozen rain whippin through that relentless wind!! 

Now, I'm not going to go off and say this team is as talented offensively as Indianapolis.  There is no way in heck the Seahawks porous secondary can contain Peyton Manning, we've already seen that.  What we also have seen, however, is there ain't no way in heck the Colts are gonna stop the Hawks either!!  Not with Hasselbeck playing as well as he is.  If we could only block that Freeney guy.....oh wait thats right we got big Walt!!  This is gonna be fun, I'll be at both playoff games, and if all goes well, I'm sellin the Jeep and flyin to Detroit!!  BWWWWAAAAAKKKK!!!

1239277[/snapback]

you know that 6 Colts defensive players didn't play last week, right?

Looks like someone didn't do his homework...

1238991[/snapback]

:D Don't be giving me your "Someone didn't do his homework" crap, Swerski.

Your above anecdotal blah blah blah is fascinating, but the facts are as follows:

Seattle Seahawks strength of Victory = .400

Indianapolis Colts strength of Victory = .431

As I correctly stated, the Hawks schedule was not that much softer than that of the Colts. The Colt's did play a few tougher teams, HOWEVER, don't oversell it. The Colts also got Fat & Happy playing the Texans & Titans twice each, in addition to Cleveland & the same NFC West that the Hawks got healthy on.

Also, don't forget that the Hawks beat a Red Hot Falcon team at the start of the season, & beat a decent Ram team on the road before the injury bug hit them. All I'm asking is that you give credit were credit is due.

I agree that it's fair to say that the Hawks haven't been tested in the same way as ANY team that resides in a more competitive division, but my point is that it's ridiculous to assume that the 'Hawks will fail only by virtue of their never having been tested. Good teams rise to the level of their competition, and it is my contention that the Seahawks indeed fit that bill.

And as far as your point that they're still 0-2 against quality opponents on the road this year? Good thing they've got Home Field Advantage throughout then isn't it? :D

Edited by Bonehand

:D Don't be giving me your "Someone didn't do his homework" crap, Swerski.

Your above anecdotal blah blah blah is fascinating, but the facts are as follows:

1239312[/snapback]

And don't give me your "The Colts played a soft schedule, too" crap. Look it up next time.

Seattle Seahawks strength of Victory = .400

Indianapolis Colts strength of Victory = .431

You're comparing apples and oranges. A .500 team in the NFC is not equal to a .500 team in the AFC. Nice try, though.

Again:

Seattle Seahawks vs. playoff contenders: 2-2

Indianapolis Colts vs. playoff contenders: 5-1

Good teams rise to the level of their competition, and it is my contention that the Seahawks indeed fit that bill.

Agreed. I'm not saying that Seattle isn't deserving of praise (quite the opposite, if you read my other posts). But don't compare their schedule to Indy's. Seattle didn't have to play teams like New England, Pittsburgh, or San Diego.

And as far as your point that they're still 0-2 against quality opponents on the road this year? Good thing they've got Home Field Advantage throughout then isn't it? :D

Too bad they don't get it in the SB (if they make it that far). :D

If these two teams meet again...I hope it will be the SuperBowl. I am a realist. And I understand Seattle's weakness is in the secondary. Everyone in the NFL should know that by now. The bend but dont break secondary is a little :D to me. But I really do think it would be a close game. High scoring but close. I think that the Colts will have a hard time stopping Alexander. Hasselbeck is on a roll as are the WR's so it will be a question of Seattle's secondary stepping up and the team that turns the ball over the most. Anyway that is my opinion.

:D I LOVE MY SEAHAWKS

Edited by devilwoman

Hook we can play that game all day.  The Seahawks were also without their best LB, their 2-3 CBs, and 2 starting D-lineman.  Nice try on the point but you know as well as I do that they can't slow down the Hawks.

1239690[/snapback]

I bet they can.

As much as I like the Hawks I think theyre one and done in the playoffs.  See week 3.  The Skins held Alexander to 98/1 and Hass to 26/38 242/1.  That just wont get it done against this years Skins offense.  If they meet after the Wild Card round, be afraid.  :D

1239748[/snapback]

The Skins "Held" Alexander to 100 yards and a score? You're killing me. :D

The 'Skins in no way, shape or form whooped the Seahawks. The Hawks lost that game because their field goal attempt bounced off the left upright. End of story.

The next time they meet would be in OUR house, after a loooooong-a$$ plane ride, in the rain and cold, in front of a LOUD home crowd. The 'Skins offense would be in for a long day.

And don't give me your "The Colts played a soft schedule, too" crap.  Look it up next time.

Sorry, Swerski. Spin it how ever you like, but if you play 7 cupcakes in one season, you've got a soft schedule, no matter who else you face.

Agreed.  I'm not saying that Seattle isn't deserving of praise (quite the opposite, if you read my other posts). 

1239522[/snapback]

A few weeks ago you called the Hawks offense a one-trick pony with a quarterback who can't move his team down the field. And much like in this instance, handpicked a few games and stats that supported your pre-conceived notion while completely ignoring the contradictory evidence.

Hey GTS! ESPN's Michael Smith agrees with you:

Seahawks have formula to beat Colts again

1239808[/snapback]

Well, I hope he is right. I do think the claims on this board about the Hawks not winning a playoff game seem farily illogical based on this years performance, however, I don't blame people for seeing it that way, the Hawks haven't done anything since 1984.

I hope this year the break the curse and get to the SB.

Well, I hope he is right.  I do think the claims on this board about the Hawks not winning a playoff game seem farily illogical based on this years performance, however, I don't blame people for seeing it that way, the Hawks haven't done anything since 1984. 

I hope this year the break the curse and get to the SB.

1239838[/snapback]

I agree. 21 years is an awfully long time between playoff victories.

Baby steps... :D

Sorry, Swerski. Spin it how ever you like, but if you play 7 cupcakes in one season, you've got a soft schedule, no matter who else you face.

1239753[/snapback]

So, what do you call a schedule that consists of 10 cupcakes and only two teams with double-digit wins? :D

No doubt that the Colts had their share of easy games, but comparing their schedule to Seattle's is absolutely ridiculous.

Hey GTS! ESPN's Michael Smith agrees with you:

Seahawks have formula to beat Colts again

1239808[/snapback]

Yep, leave it to Pats homer and Colts hater Michael Smith for in-depth, unbiased analysis. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

I gotta chime in here. Comparing the Colts schedule to the Seahawks schedule is interesting.

Seahawks strength of schedule is .436.

Colts strength of schedule is .471.

The strength of victory has already been noted.

Colts is .431.

Hawks is .400.

Play-off teams faced by the Colts:

Jacksonville W

at New England W

at Cincinnati W

Pittsburgh W

at Jacksonville W

at Seattle L

Play-off teams faced by the Seahawks

at Jacksonville L

at Washington L

N.Y. Giants W

Indianapolis W

And let's be honest here, both the 'Hawks wins vs. play-off teams DO have asteriks. The Giants kicker could have won that game three times. The Colts sat half their starters.

Games vs. teams with 5 wins or less:

Colts had 7.

Seahawks had 8.

There is not doubt about it, both teams benefited from the schedules they played. Last year, the Colts played the AFC West and the NFC North. They had a tough schedule and could not get a good enough record to get either of the top seeds. New England played the AFC North and the NFC West last year, just like the Colts this year, and they got a first round bye. You've got to be lucky and good to win a bye, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have an easier schedule. Combined with the above stats, and the fact that the Seeahawks have no play-off contenders whatsoever in their division, definitely makes it appear they have an easier schedule than the Colts. And the fact that two of their wins against play-off contenders are a little shaky, I don't think it's unfair to say they've had an easy schedule. I agree, however, that the Colts have not had as tough a road as, for example, the Chargers. But you have to play the schedule the NFL gives you. The Colts and Seahawks deserve the top seeds. Now they just have to prove it to the doubters in the play-offs.