[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frank Gore

The Stoner

As of now, I've got Gore going in my two final leagues -- and looking to win championships in both.  If Barlow reemerges, I may reconsider, but for now, my salary cap dollars are well spent on the affordable Gore.

1240300[/snapback]

Barlow will miss Sunday's season finale against the Houston Texans after being placed on injured reserve by the San Francisco 49ers. The running back has been hobbled by a bruised left knee for more than a month, sitting out three of the team's last four contests. He finishes the year with 581 yards and three touchdowns on 176 carries, along with 31 catches for 241 yards in 12 games

Gore is banged up- so Hicks will still see carries this week.....

1240776[/snapback]

Everything I'm seeing points to Hicks seeing significant carries this week because Gore is banged up and probably can't hand the full load. They split the carries very evenly last week; haven't seen anything to suggest that this week will be any differenent.

Everything I'm seeing points to Hicks seeing significant carries this week because Gore is banged up and probably can't hand the full load.  They split the carries very evenly last week; haven't seen anything to suggest that this week will be any differenent.

1241194[/snapback]

Yo Mama - Do you think that there's a chance that Hicks gets the majority?

It seemed like that last week after the first 2 possessions that Gore was the focal point. Love Hicks match-up but am a little leery of starting him for fear he ends up on the short end. Leaning towards starting Wells (assuming health) at this point.

Yo Mama - Do you think that there's a chance that Hicks gets the majority?

It seemed like that last week after the first 2 possessions that Gore was the focal point. Love Hicks match-up but am a little leery of starting him for fear he ends up on the short end. Leaning towards starting Wells (assuming health) at this point.

1241211[/snapback]

I'd tell you if I knew anything concrete, but I don't. I believe both Gore and Hicks will see double digit carries, though. The Niners have been playing tougher than usual lately, yet seem hesitant to put any game squarely on Alex Smith's shoulders. So as long SF isn't playing from behind I'd expect to see SF's running game to be very involved.

Personally, I like Hicks slightly more as a player and a person. Most of my Niner buddies would love to see what Hicks could do as the featured back because he's got an impecible work ethic and team-first attitude. But that doesn't mean squat for fantasy. I thought very hard about formally recommending both Gore or Hicks this week due to the match up, but as of yesterday I hadn't seen anything that led me to believe one would get more opportunities than the other. Barlow won't play, so that helps clear up the picture. But barring news between now and game time your guess is as good as mine as to how the work load will be distributed.