[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC O-Line: sounds like good news for LJ

bluedog

Chiefs | Roaf hints he will return in 2006

Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:49:11 -0800

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs OT Willie Roaf dropped some hints Wednesday, Dec. 28, that he plans to return in 2006. Roaf casually said in a teleconference that there is a "good chance" he'll be back in 2006. "I just don't think he's finished with it," Roaf's mom added. "I don't think he has accomplished what he wanted to accomplish for the team, and he knows that they need him. If he's healthy, he's such an important building block for the team. I think he knows that." "If I'm managed right," Roaf said, "I can play another year or two. But I will take it one year at a time."

Chiefs | Shields quiet on his future

Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:53:10 -0800

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs OG Will Shields was quiet Wednesday, Dec. 28, when asked about his future. He's battling arthritis in his knee and back. He slipped out of the locker room saying he's not thinking about Sunday, Jan. 1, possibly being his last game and that he'll worry about his decision after the season.

Frankly, I think it's this order:

1) Coaching

2) Roaf

3) Shields

...if the staff goes, it'll be a big-time pain in the rear to learn an entirely new system, thus increasing the probability that Roaf and/or Shields leave...

BTW, it's not just Vermeil on the last year of his contract ... I believe the entire staff is on their last year as well.

I heard a blurb today about how the five beat reporters who cover the Chiefs all feel that Vermeil is out ... and it'll be at King Carl's request, not Vermeil's ...

They further expect that Herm Edwards will be named the new coach some time next week. It's so openly discussed at Arrowhead that some of the players are even talking about it. I have not heard them talk about it, but apparently it is, if the blurb-makers are to be believed.