[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Skins sign Gregg Williams to 3 yr extension

Steeltown Dre

I think Gibbs may only be around 1 or 2 more years and they will hand it over to Williams

1246083[/snapback]

I think you are right. Why else would Williams have extended there. He could have had one of those vacancies right now. In Washington, he can continue to get and coach "his guys", then if/when he takes over for Gibbs, his players are already in place.

Pretty smart if you think about it.

I think Gibbs may only be around 1 or 2 more years and they will hand it over to Williams

1246083[/snapback]

I think you're right. They're paying him $8 million over 3 years, which is more than a lot of head coaches make. So it seems pretty clear that they are planning to hand over the reigns to Williams once the old man retires (again).

Greg Williams is the best DC in the league.  Period, end of story.

1246670[/snapback]

:D are you serious????

:D Oh well maybe you are...What about Monte Kiffen? His Defense has been in the top 10 the last TEN years! What has he done for me lately you ask? Well his Defense this year is rated #1 in the league.

:D  are you serious???? 

:D  Oh well maybe you are...What about Monte Kiffen?  His Defense has been in the top 10 the last TEN years!  What has he done for me lately you ask?  Well his Defense this year is rated #1 in the league.

1246679[/snapback]

Yes, I am totally serious. Remember when the Ravens defense was hailed as the 2nd coming of the 85 Bears and led them to the Superbowl? Well, the Titans defense was actually the #1 DEF in the league that year and Williams was the DC. The Titans havent been the same since he left. Williams took an under-achieving Skins Def, with Marvin Lewis at DC, and completely turned them around. Last year they were in the top 3 defenses. And this year their DEF, basically took over down the stretch.

Every team with a coaching vacancy was interested in interviewing Greg Williams. He was the hottest name out there. Monte Kiffin, while a very good DC, was not prominently mentioned for any HC openings.

Every team with a coaching vacancy was interested in interviewing Greg Williams.  He was the hottest name out there.  Monte Kiffin, while a very good DC, was not prominently mentioned for any HC openings.

1246758[/snapback]

After the Bucs won the Superbowl the 49ers tried to get Kiffin to jump ship and be their Head Coach. He decided that he did not want to be a head coach again and would stay with the Bucs as a DC. In fact, he has said numerous times that he does not want to be a HC and has signed an extension with the Bucs. He is not being mentioned because he has made it known that he will just say no. Do you really think a team would pass on Kiffin if he was willing? Top ten Defense for ten years running?

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

pretty sure it is common knowledge that Williams is the heir to the team. Gibbs probably only has one more year in him, then Williams will come in and take over the reigns. Couldn't be happier with this move by Snyder. It was written in the washington Post that Williams was insistant that his owner not be cheap...ie, that he paid for coaching and would pay for players. Well, that is one thing Snyder is....not cheap. He isn't scared to throw money around.

The bag comes off after the season....can't take it off as I am a little superstitious.