[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best TD celebration you saw this year?

PantherDave

Can't remember just what game it was... or who it was.... but it was the one where the guy actied like he had scored before and just handed the ball to the ref.

1251752[/snapback]

Actually that was CJ in a game towards the end of the year. He scored, looked like he was trying to decide what to do and instead shrugged his shoulders and gave the ball to the ref. Very classy guy indeed.

I liked Chad's putt with the marker as a putter.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that was CJ in a game towards the end of the year.  He scored, looked like he was trying to decide what to do and instead shrugged his shoulders and gave the ball to the ref.  Very classy guy indeed.

I liked Chad's putt with the marker as a putter.

1252159[/snapback]

No. That was a celebration... you saw the hesitation and the questioning arms open shrug. I'm talking about just scoring, handing the ball to the ref, and leaving the field.... like he had scored before and it wasn't something out of the ordinary,,, just doing his job.

No. That was a celebration... you saw the hesitation and the questioning arms open shrug.

1252161[/snapback]

I know sky, I was just trying to get Chad into the "classy hand the ball like you've done it before" group. While I do like some of the drawn out antics (row boat, change the baby, putt) I do like the things that LJ, SA do the best I think. Get in, do a quick motion and get out.

No. That was a celebration... you saw the hesitation and the questioning arms open shrug. I'm talking about just scoring, handing the ball to the ref, and leaving the field.... like he had scored before and it wasn't something out of the ordinary,,, just doing his job.

1252161[/snapback]

See: LaDainian Tomlinson

:D

See: LaDainian Tomlinson

:D

1252200[/snapback]

Every time LaDainian scores, he puts one hand behind his head and finger rolls the ball out of his other hand.

Why do so many people think LT hands the ball to the ref??? I've seen that posted about him so many times here.

Every time LaDainian scores, he puts one hand behind his head and finger rolls the ball out of his other hand.

Why do so many people think LT hands the ball to the ref???  I've seen that posted about him so many times here.

1252231[/snapback]

Have you ever actually watched him? I saw every TD of his this year, think I saw that move once, maybe twice. You're flat out wrong!

Have you ever actually watched him? I saw every TD of his this year, think I saw that move once, maybe twice. You're flat out wrong!

1252584[/snapback]

He did it after EVERY score in 2004 (I saw it twice in Indy). He did it THREE times against Washington this year. I guess I can't say with authority that he did it after EVERY single TD this year, but he still does it. He does have a TD celebration. I'm not saying it's bad or that he's a show-off or anything, but he does not hand the ball to the ref every time.

This is from a similiar thread earlier this year:

I've seen people say this, and perhaps LT has changed what he does after TD's this year, but I still remember LT putting one hand behind his head, and finger-rolling the ball out of his hands after every score last year.  Not a big deal, and it doesn't bother me, but he does have a TD celebration.

1177927[/snapback]

Yup...seen him do it 3 times yesterday.  :D

1177933[/snapback]

Sam was referring to the Washington game. So I'm not the only one who still sees him do it. . .

You're flat out wrong! :D

Edited by CaptainHook

He did it after EVERY score in 2004 (I saw it twice in Indy).  He did it THREE times against Washington this year.  I guess I can't say with authority that he did it after EVERY single TD this year, but he still does it.  He does have a TD celebration.  I'm not saying it's bad or that he's a show-off or anything, but he does not hand the ball to the ref every time.

This is from a similiar thread earlier this year:

Sam was referring to the Washington game.  So I'm not the only one who still sees him do it. . .

You're flat out wrong! :D

1252588[/snapback]

Sorry, you and your buddy sam are both wrong. He may have done it once or twice but the last TD, the overtime one, he flipped the ball over his right shoulder to nobody, and turned and celebrated with his teammates. Watch it till the end, you see one finger roll, and that's it:

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/nflf...ghlight_300k.rm

Sorry, you and your buddy sam are both wrong. He may have done it once or twice but the last TD, the overtime one, he flipped the ball over his right shoulder to nobody, and turned and celebrated with his teammates. Watch it till the end, you see one finger roll, and that's it:

1252709[/snapback]

so, did he hand it to the ref there on the last TD?

LOL, the linked video even shows him doing his "dance" after his second TD. They don't show anything that happened after the play on the first. Thanks for the proof.

Seriously, it's not a big deal. But Tomlinson is not a guy that just hands the ball to the ref. In 2004 he did that celebration a lot. I know he used it this year as well. My point was that for some reason, LT gets the reputation as being a guy who hands the ball to the ref, and walks off the field. He may do that occasionally. But he also has a celebration as well.

Edited by CaptainHook

so, did he hand it to the ref there?

LOL, the linked video even shows him doing his "dance" after his second TD.  They don't show anything that happened after the play on the first.  Thanks for the proof.

1252721[/snapback]

I said, he may have done it once or twice, but he didn't do it three times, as sam said. Oh so he flips the ball to the ground while still running, and that somehow means it's a celebration? You want to see the flip to the ref? Here's four for you:

Edit to add:

He celebrates less than any player that actually scores touchdowns on a regular basis, that's the point. Name a player who scores, say, 8 or more a year who celebrates less than he does. Point is, if anyone deserved to celebrate a td, it would be him, and he does it less than all the others.

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

I said, he may have done it once or twice, but he didn't do it three times, as sam said. Oh so he flips the ball to the ground while still running, and that somehow means it's a celebration? You want to see the flip to the ref? Here's four for you:

1252779[/snapback]

Look up last years TD's. And there were more from this year. Ok, I said three times. But you said he hands it to the ref. He didn't do that against Washington either.

Edited by CaptainHook

Edit to add:

He celebrates less than any player that actually scores touchdowns on a regular basis, that's the point. Name a player who scores, say, 8 or more a year who celebrates less than he does. Point is, if anyone deserved to celebrate a td, it would be him, and he does it less than all the others.

1252779[/snapback]

I disagree. He did that celebration almost every time in 2004. He may have cut back in 2005, but he still does it.

Marvin Harrison trots off the field with the ball. He keeps them all. he may celebrate with his teammates, but I can only think of a couple celebrations by him. Edge is the same way.

Edited by CaptainHook

You guys can't pick a better judge of character than TD celebrations? So LT doesn't do much after he scores, what a hero. Warrick Dunn gives furnished houses away to single mothers and nobody praises him for sh!t.

1252838[/snapback]

Good job Warrick.

I disagree.  He did that celebration almost every time in 2004.  He may have cut back in 2005, but he still does it.

Marvin Harrison trots off the field with the ball.  He keeps them all.  he may celebrate with his teammates, but I can only think of a couple celebrations by him.  Edge is the same way.

1252821[/snapback]

Oh, using Colts as an example, shocker :D . I don't disagree with you about Marvin, I'd put him right there with LT as two of the classiest guys in the league. Edge, I've seen him celebrate in early years, not lately though. He's from Miami, you can't go there without learning how to showboat.

I just went through the first four TDs of 2004, not one finger roll among them. I don't need to look any further. I'm not saying he never does it, but I've shown you at least five, and seen four others where he didn't finger roll, and been able to find one where he did. You haven't proved anything.

I just went through the first four TDs of 2004, not one finger roll among them. I don't need to look any further. I'm not saying he never does it, but I've shown you at least five, and seen four others where he didn't finger roll, and been able to find one where he did. You haven't proved anything.

1252859[/snapback]

::D Neither have you. And I see you keep eluding what he did last year.

Edited by CaptainHook

You guys can't pick a better judge of character than TD celebrations? So LT doesn't do much after he scores, what a hero. Warrick Dunn gives furnished houses away to single mothers and nobody praises him for sh!t.

1252838[/snapback]

We're not discussing character, we're discussing touchdown celebrations. So happens that the guys that celebrate the least tend to be guys that are of good character, stay out of trouble, etc. But the discussion is about celebrations; what ones you liked this year. I posted two links to four of LT's where he hands it or flips it to the refs and runs off the field, those were my favorites of the year.

::D  Neither have you.  And I see you keep eluding what he did last year.

1252868[/snapback]

Eluding last year? I just said I went through his first four tds and there was not a finger roll in there anywhere. How is that eluding it? You're eluding it by not being able to prove anything. Just because you say it's so, doesn't make it so. Show me what he did last year.

Eluding last year? I just said I went through his first four tds and there was not a finger roll in there anywhere. How is that eluding it? You're eluding it by not being able to prove anything. Just because you say it's so, doesn't make it so. Show me what he did last year.

1252886[/snapback]

You're the one with the time to dig through old highlights. Check them out from last year. I can show you my tape of the 2004 Chargers game if you want to come over.

1252709[/snapback]

oh, so he does TD celebrate? :D you just disproved yourself bud.