[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Primerica

Chavez

That kind of raises red flags, doesn't it?

1262724[/snapback]

Most of the red flags the situation had raised for me have been lowered.

We'll see how it turns out.

Chavez-  Primerica must be going full bore into the Milwaukee market.  About 2 weeks ago they tried to recruit my wife as a 'manager' of some sort.  Last week they tried the same with my brother in law.  Neither was actively searching for a job, Primerica approached them out of the blue.  That kind of raises red flags, doesn't it?

1262724[/snapback]

Right after I graduated from college, I received a call out of the blue from someone from Primerica. The guy said that someone had referred me as a management candidate or somesuch.

No one in their right mind who knew me at the time would have said that.

So I axed him who had referred me. He said he couldn't disclose it. :D

Furd,

That means that, probably, you filled in some sort of a card requesting more information on something ... so technically, you referred yourself.

Or at least that's how it went for me on a job I had in college ... Sent in a post card requesting information on a college internship ... then, about two months later, I magically get a call for an interview (I'd forgotten about sending in the card), and didn't figure it out for at least a year how I had secured the interview and then the job.

...or such is my story...

Furd,

That means that, probably, you filled in some sort of a card requesting more information on something ... so technically, you referred yourself.

1262846[/snapback]

No chance.

I suspect that they were cold-calling.

MLM marketing is not all that bad if the company you are working for has its major emphasis on the product you are selling as opposed to recruiting others into the company. 

1254043[/snapback]

This is my basic philosophy. I've been to similar meetings and I always ignore the promise of money flowing in and try to understand the company's business philosophy. If they make an effort to explain the product to you, then there's a good chance the business will continue to be successful. If they explain how more recruits = more money for you, then there's a problem.

You're a smart guy, Chavez. If you need more money, I'm sure you can use your own noggin to venture into entrepreneurism.

You're a smart guy, Chavez. If you need more money, I'm sure you can use your own noggin to venture into entrepreneurism.

1265423[/snapback]

I'm going to sell my weekly football picks for money. :D