[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LenDale White to the Packers

Giants56

Mostly true, but I'd say that while Flanagan in the past has been Pro Bowl level, his performance was waaaaaaaaaaay off this year, mainly due to injury.

Considering the issues all season with the interior OL, I still don't understand why they didn't plug Kevin Barry in there and see what happened. He COULDN'T have performed worse than Whitticker did in a few games.

1261167[/snapback]

Definitely agree about Flanagan, but I'd still argue he's a Pro-Bowl-caliber player. The injury was certainly a factor, though.

Either way, my main point is the same. We lost ONE great guard (Wahle) and one formerly great guard (Rivera), our running game disappeared for most of the season, we lost a bunch of games, and DUH! -- of course the absence of Wahle and Rivera is the reason for the Packers' demise. It's just not the case. Our offensive line still played better than most NFL units; Green Bay was tied for 5th-best in the league in sacks allowed. The running game sucked, as I've mentioned, but most of that can be legitimately chalked up to Green's ineptitude and -- agreeing with your point -- the coaches' inability to play to Klemm's & Whitticker's strengths.

Also, we've been down the Kevin Barry road before and I completely agree. The U-71 package, which didn't work nearly as well this year, just isn't reason enough to keep Barry out of the starting lineup. He should have at least gotten his chance.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really.  Ted has said he learns from his mistakes.  It is called "failing forward". 

1261191[/snapback]

Not really? I don't give my GM a lot of room to "fail forward" when it ends up in 4-12 seasons. I don't think he will spend the $ for an OG and if he does that was really really short sighted to let Wahle go.