[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LenDale White to the Packers

Giants56

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When have I baited you in the past?

1256419[/snapback]

I've read 2 or 3 posts from you about how the Packers should have drafted an O-lineman instead of Rogers. Each time, I've vehemently disagreed with that supposition, and now I see you posting that nonsense again. If you're not baiting me, then :D which O-lineman should they have drafted??? Mankins? Baas? Did I just take the bait again? :D

:D Where you won a sigline bet with him a few years ago.

1256424[/snapback]

:D

I've read 2 or 3 posts from you about how the Packers should have drafted an O-lineman instead of Rogers. Each time, I've vehemently disagreed with that supposition, and now I see you posting that nonsense again. If you're not baiting me, then :D which O-lineman should they have drafted??? Mankins? Baas? Did I just take the bait again?  :D

:D

1256446[/snapback]

I'm not saying they should have necessarily drafted a O-lineman in that spot ... but perhaps should have considered trading down so they could draft MORE O-linemen.

:D ... I don't recall ...

1256444[/snapback]

:D Too old for the archives, in 2002 where swiss just joined the Huddle. There was a challenged statement between you two, then came a sigline bet, which you won and made him say that Favre coult not hold Quincy Carter's jockstrap, amongst other things.

:D Too old for the archives, in 2002 where swiss just joined the Huddle.  There was a challenged statement between you two, then came a sigline bet, which you won and made him say that Favre coult not hold Quincy Carter's jockstrap, amongst other things.

1256463[/snapback]

That does seem to ring a bell ... I can't remember the specifics of the bet or the sig-line I made him wear

If you're the packers, why would you not want a guy like AJ Hawk or Mario Williams to shore up that defense.  Hawk is the ticket IMHO, because run defense is where the Pack needs help the most.

The offense has plenty of players.  They had injury problems this year, but the level to which they occurred was truly unusual.  That led to Farve trying to force it and do everything himself, and to too many turnovers to overcome.  They were something like 20th in points with losses of A Green, N Davenport, Gado, Fisher, Walker, Fergusen, Franks, and more.  I would be less worried about the O and go for the D.

1256370[/snapback]

Aren't half of those guy free agents? Green, Davenport, Javon Walker.

wondering if Gado would be a productive reliable back if he started and played a full schedule / full season

He really did have some excellent moments this year with a pretty poor offensive line in front of him  :D

1258919[/snapback]

WRONG. The O-line played fairly well, which shouldn't be as surprising as some people make it out to be (coughGritscough). They had 3 Pro-Bowl-caliber players (both OTs and the C) and 2 mediocre OGs -- that's better than a lot of NFL teams can say. Ahman Green had zero burst this year, but both Davenport and Gado looked good behind that line.

That said, the line certainly wasn't dominant, like it used to be. I'd like to see them get an OG on the first day of the draft.

If you're the packers, why would you not want a guy like AJ Hawk or Mario Williams to shore up that defense.  Hawk is the ticket IMHO, because run defense is where the Pack needs help the most.

The offense has plenty of players.  They had injury problems this year, but the level to which they occurred was truly unusual.  That led to Farve trying to force it and do everything himself, and to too many turnovers to overcome.  They were something like 20th in points with losses of A Green, N Davenport, Gado, Fisher, Walker, Fergusen, Franks, and more.  I would be less worried about the O and go for the D.

1256370[/snapback]

Simiple. The defense was respectable this year with the current personnel. Give those guys one more year in the system -- along with fewer turnovers/short fields -- and they'll be even better. The offense, on the other hand, was abysmal when the running game struggled. We don't have a decent RB on the 2006 roster.

Solution: draft a freaking running back.

That said, the line certainly wasn't dominant, like it used to be. I'd like to see them get an OG on the first day of the draft.

1260830[/snapback]

I will call Steve Hutchinson's name until and unless the Seahawks franchise him!

Oh don't even get them taste buds wet boys!! Hutch is franchised, write it in pen. Shaun can't be franchised, Walt and Hass are already signed long term. The Hawks don't have any other upcoming free agents worth franchising, and don't have the money to pay Hutch long-term. Done deal.

Also, Lendale White. Savage beast. Will be able to handle the load. Gets stronger as the game goes on with the more carries he gets. Also won't have to come off the field for goal-line.

WRONG. The O-line played fairly well, which shouldn't be as surprising as some people make it out to be (coughGritscough). They had 3 Pro-Bowl-caliber players (both OTs and the C) and 2 mediocre OGs -- that's better than a lot of NFL teams can say. Ahman Green had zero burst this year, but both Davenport and Gado looked good behind that line.

1260830[/snapback]

Mostly true, but I'd say that while Flanagan in the past has been Pro Bowl level, his performance was waaaaaaaaaaay off this year, mainly due to injury.

Considering the issues all season with the interior OL, I still don't understand why they didn't plug Kevin Barry in there and see what happened. He COULDN'T have performed worse than Whitticker did in a few games.

Excellent point.

1261019[/snapback]

Not really. Ted has said he learns from his mistakes. It is called "failing forward".

As far as writing Hutchinson's name in pen as a franchised player, I wouldn't be so quick to do that. Holmgren is like many in the NFL who feels you can find guards on the cheap. That is why he didn't pursue Adam Timmerman a few years ago when he was trying to rebuild the Seahawks. I realize Holmgren is no longer GM, but you know he will have a say in the franchise tag.

Not really.  Ted has said he learns from his mistakes.  It is called "failing forward". 

As far as writing Hutchinson's name in pen as a franchised player, I wouldn't be so quick to do that.  Holmgren is like many in the NFL who feels you can find guards on the cheap.  That is why he didn't pursue Adam Timmerman  a few years ago when he was trying to rebuild the Seahawks.  I realize Holmgren is no longer GM, but you know he will have a say in the franchise tag.

1261191[/snapback]

Thing is, if the rumors are true, McCarthy might be in; he may not be as stupidly rigid as Sherman/Rossley - these are the guys who lost one of the best pulling guards in the NFL in Mike Wahle and kept trying to run the same plays even after early evidence STRONGLY showed that Adrian Klemm didn't have either the temperament or comfort level in the offense to do the job. The failure to adapt to that is on the coaches, IMO.

I still stand by my statement that you CAN get capable guards at a low price; Thompson certainly didn't bring in top-notch prospects, but the coaching staff didn't do him any favors by trying to whack square pegs into round holes all year.