[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

even lewis is a sore loser

slovak

Here was Cowher's response to Lewis:

"The last thing we ever do is comment on things that their players say," Cowher said. "I could spend a whole press conference with some of the things that come from that team. I would like to think that it was said out of frustration."

"The last thing we ever do is comment on things that their players say," Cowher said. "I could spend a whole press conference with some of the things that come from that team. I would like to think that it was said out of frustration."

1259369[/snapback]

He does have a point.

Edit: give the guy a break, he just lost his best player to a pretty significant knee injury.  He didn't say that it was intentional or anything.  Just a little divisional jab there.

1255550[/snapback]

Exactly. Nothing classless in Lewis' statement. He was just ribbing the QB of a divisional rival. Big deal.

1259369[/snapback]

Translation: " Shut up you whiny Rosie O'Donnell, I could write book on the things that big-mouthed idiot chad johnson says, we kicked your a$$ and now you're pissed"

Lewis shouldn't have said this, it came out sounding petty.

Lewis is anything but a coach who will look for an excuse for a loss. Quite the contrary. He NEVER allows the media or anyone to blame a loss on an official or an injury. Even the loss of the best player this team's had in 15 years in the biggest game in that same time. It's almost disheartening to some of us fans (who really LIKE the players) how he downplays their loss to injury matter-of-factly by saying the next guys has to step in and play, that's football. I think Cowher is like this, too, which is why he's a great coach (Lord help me, I sound like Medudo)

I think it was wrong to make the statement, but I also believe it was frustration over questions about Palmer, when Lewis clearly believed his team folded when they could have won anyway. I hope Pitt folks (who know Lewis) see it that way too.

Lewis shouldn't have said this, it came out sounding petty.

Lewis is anything but a coach who will look for an excuse for a loss.  Quite the contrary.  He NEVER allows the media or anyone to blame a loss on an official or an injury.  Even the loss of the best player this team's had in 15 years in the biggest game in that same time.  It's almost disheartening to some of us fans (who really LIKE the players) how he downplays their loss to injury matter-of-factly by saying the next guys has to step in and play, that's football.  I think Cowher is like this, too, which is why he's a great coach (Lord help me, I sound like Medudo)

I think it was wrong to make the statement, but I also believe it was frustration over questions about Palmer, when Lewis clearly believed his team folded when they could have won anyway.  I hope Pitt folks (who know Lewis) see it that way too.

1259900[/snapback]

Any Steeler fan with a brain admires and respects Marvin Lewis. He was once one of the good guys :D and has never shown anything but class. He made a remark out of frustration, and, it never really bothered me, because I agree with him. Ben was being a :D when he made that comment. I still don't think Lewis should have referenced it, and I bet he wishes he didn't, but it was just a heat of the moment-type thing and not a big deal at all. As for Roethlisberger, I'm glad Marvin called him out on it, because he needs to learn to not whine after a loss. Maybe it is because he's had so few of them that he struggles to deal with them. :D

Any Steeler fan with a brain admires and respects Marvin Lewis.  He was once one of the good guys  :D  and has never shown anything but class.  He made a remark out of frustration, and, it never really bothered me, because I agree with him.  Ben was being a :D when he made that comment.  I still don't think Lewis should have referenced it, and I bet he wishes he didn't, but it was just a heat of the moment-type thing and not a big deal at all.  As for Roethlisberger, I'm glad Marvin called him out on it, because he needs to learn to not whine after a loss.  Maybe it is because he's had so few of them that he struggles to deal with them.    :D

1259929[/snapback]

Menudo I think you should pack it up and move to Cincinnati, you've obviously found a new object for your man-love..... Don't worry I'll tell ben and let him down easy :D

Menudo I think you should pack it up and move to Cincinnati, you've obviously found a new object for your man-love..... Don't worry I'll tell ben and let him down easy :D

1260043[/snapback]

Please, I think you should clear this with those of us in Cincy first.

Actually, it may not be Menudo, but I'm sure that when Cincy overtakes Pitt as THE team in the AFC North, many of the Pitt bandwagoners (who rooted for Pitt because they were the only good team in the AFC North) will jump back aboard. You know the types I'm talking about, those that couldn't stand to root for a bad team, so they'll jump aboard the nearest good team.

All are welcome!

:D

As for Roethlisberger, I'm glad Marvin called him out on it, because he needs to learn to not whine after a loss.  Maybe it is because he's had so few of them that he struggles to deal with them.     :D

1259929[/snapback]

he'll get another chance to improve his skills on sunday.

(couldn't resist ...)

Edited by tonorator

1260043[/snapback]

Sorry, what I meant to say was: Marvin Lewis is a Oprahing whining little biaatch !!! :D