[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

even lewis is a sore loser

slovak

I thought marvin lewis was a classy guy but after reading this I'm not so sure anymore.

"Gee whiz," Lewis said. "The guy got hurt. Let it go. There's nothing you can do. You can't get it back. To sit there and baby and cry like their quarterback did - ridiculous."

It's one thing for players to say things like tha but a HC?

Big Ben did do a bit of whining after the hit he took from Thurman didn't he? Until it was shown that Thurman was tripped into him?

Edit: give the guy a break, he just lost his best player to a pretty significant knee injury. He didn't say that it was intentional or anything. Just a little divisional jab there.

Edited by CaptainHook

Caught up in the emotion of the game. I am very willing to overlook this. In fact I don't see it as that big a deal anyway. Try as I do I just can't get the good hate going for the Bengals just yet. I have a feeling that it will come in the not to distant future as this is a team that is going to be a force to be dealt with.

Where did that quote come from and what is the context?  I don't understand who he's talking about.

1255695[/snapback]

Hes talking about Ben and the fact that he whined when a similar thing happened to him vs cincy in their game during the regular season.

Hes talking about Ben and the fact that he whined when a similar thing happened to him vs cincy in their game during the regular season.

1255697[/snapback]

So this quote is weeks old? I've never seen it in print. I need a link.

I don't think any less of Marvin Lewis for this statement. He was caught up in the disappointment of the game. When Ben made those statements, I felt like it was the wrong thing to do. He is still immature at times, and Lewis called him on it. Marvin probably wishes he didn't say it, but, at the time, he probably couldn't bite his tongue. I think we've all been there. He is a class coach, and the Bengals are a class organization.

He was talking to his team as much as anything.

The team found out about Palmer at halftime -- this morning they are saying the players were still hoping he would be back for the second half, and the coaches told them nothing different until halftime.

Lewis was telling his people, once again, that football is working through adversity, which includes injuries, and they can't use the injury to Palmer as an excuse to play as poorly and as flat as they did in the second half. You can't whine about a hit, like Big Ben did.

I'd post a link, but everyone is hitting the Enquirer site right now, and it always crashes when more than 10 people try to read it at the same time.

Face it: With the Ravens and the Browns looking like they will suck for a while, the Steelers need a new, heated rivalry, where fans and the players truly hate each other. And the Bengals have never really had one of those hated rivalries since the days of the old Browns (even then, the Browns hated the Steelers far more than the Bengals). I think the hit on Palmer's knee sealed the fate that these two teams will truly hate each other for many seasons to come.

We'll be back. Maybe not be next year ... but we'll be back.

So this quote is weeks old?  I've never seen it in print.  I need a link.

1255741[/snapback]

The Lewis quote isnt weeks old the ben quotes were from about a month back..someone started a thread about it with links..Im note sure who..

Context

But coach Marvin Lewis and his players vowed to learn from the franchise's first playoff appearance in 15 seasons and return next year.

"It was not a very good finish to a decent start and a good first half," Lewis said.

The Bengals led 17-14 after two quarters.

"We didn't have the ability to keep things going," Lewis said.

Looking back at an 11-5 regular season and first-round playoff loss, Lewis said, "We're not satisfied. Unfortunately, our season is over. We had a good season but not a great season. We're not satisfied with finishing here."

Bengals Pro Bowl quarterback Carson Palmer was injured and lost for the game on his first pass attempt.

A split second after he delivered what would be a 66-yard completion to wide receiver Chris Henry, Palmer's left knee was hit by Steelers defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen. An MRI revealed a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Palmer will have surgery, and the goal is to have him ready for training camp in July.

And while the Bengals and Kitna fought hard to compensate for the loss of Palmer - both physically and emotionally - the Steelers adjusted at halftime by taking away the middle of the field and intercepting Kitna twice.

"Yes, it was as smooth as can be expected," Lewis said of the transition from Palmer to Kitna, "but we have to make plays."

It was asked if the hit by von Oelhoffen, a former Bengals player, was revenge for the shot at the knees Bengals middle linebacker Odell Thurman took at Roethlisberger on Dec. 4 at Pittsburgh.

The week after that game, Roethlisberger said Thurman's hit was a dirty one.

Lewis alluded to his comments in his postgame news conference. Tired of repeated questions about Palmer's injury and the hit, Lewis said, "I saw a replay of it. Guys, gee whiz. Guy got hurt, let it go. Nothing we can do. We don't get it back. We're not going to sit there and baby and cry like their quarterback did. It's ridiculous. Guy got hurt."

Typical, sounds like the media trying to create "controversy" where there isn't any.  I don't know how some of these guys field the same questions over and over without snapping back.  Right around the third time I get asked a repetitive question is my breaking point.

1255849[/snapback]

Exactly. He made a dig at Roethlisberger, but Ben deserved it, because he did come off like a :D with his comments after the Thurman hit.

If anyone wants to see someone :D go to the bengals web site and watch chad johnsons post-game interview. he looked liked he was going to burst into tears.

1255900[/snapback]

I don't see anything wrong with a player being emotional after losing a game of this magnitude. It actually makes me think better of the person. It shows that he is a team player and how much winning means to him.

No one can ever accuse me of NOT being a Steeler fan.....but in saying that, I'd have been routing for the Bengals through the rest of the playoffs if they'd won yesterday. I like Marvin....I love watching that team....and Palmer will prove out to be a HOF QB.....I love that guy!

I saw both hits as they happened....then the countless slowmo replays. I have to say...I thought Carson twisted his ankle at first. :D It looked like Kimo was tackled right at Palmer's feet and tried for the sack. It makes me nervous when anyone tackles that way.....grabbing one leg....but it didn't look AT ALL like Kimo was intentionally trying to hurt him.

Now....the Thurman hit looked bad from the start. He may have been blocked into Ben....but he lowered his head and struck the knee square on. But even then....I chalked it up to an accident....and a rookie mistake. :D I have to say that after I saw that hit....I thought Ben was done for the season. It's amazing that he wasn't. I'm not going to defend Ben whining about it.....childish and immature.

I'm not living in Pitt, but I keep very current on the buzz around the city. To insinuate that ANYONE was gunning for Palmer as retaliation for the Thurman hit is totally bonkers. :D I think most Steeler fans have a genuine respect for Carson....even moreso than Ben at times. He's all business...and a class act in my book. Kitna has beaten the Steelers before as well. I'm not sure any Steeler fan was sitting there thinking....Oooooooo.....Palmer's out....this will be a piece of cake. :D For any Steeler fan out there who cheered Palmer going down....shame on you.

In the aftermath of just getting beat in the playoffs and losing your #1 guy....I think Marvin was just saying outloud what a lot of us think anyway. Mountain out of a molehill, unlucky break and Carson holds no illwill towards Kimo. Because if Carson was biiatching in the lockerroom and calling Kimo names......I'm sure Marvin's statement to the press would have been much different....LOL.

If anyone wants to see someone :D go to the bengals web site and watch chad johnsons post-game interview. he looked liked he was going to burst into tears.

1255900[/snapback]

If he burst into tears, then we could compare him to Hines Ward I guess.

If he burst into tears, then we could compare him to Hines Ward I guess.

1256044[/snapback]

Or Dick V :D e :D r :D m :D e :D i :D l

Edited by BigTen