[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tanking the combine?

rajncajn

A fair rebuttal, and it remains to be seen whether Young can live up to the hype.  Obviously he'll need other quality guys around him to succeed, but then again McNabb was able to do a lot without much receiving help (and I tend to think McNabb makes a better comparison here than Vick).  I do know that Young is the kind of player that NFL teams, especially rebuilding teams, drool over.

1259766[/snapback]

Personally I think Young would be a fantastic 'win right now' or 'fill the stadium' type of QB. I completely agree that he would probably win some games for us. But I believe if the Saints want to build this franchise into a long term winner then they should go with Leinart. The example I'll use is San Diego with Brees & looking into the future, Houston with Carr.

The difference in #2 & #3 is not all that much. Especially if it means playing in a place where you think you will be happy.

1259758[/snapback]

You never know when you are going to get drafted though. Sure, people make educated guesses, agents will tell you one thing, a team will tell you when they plan on taking you, but you never know for sure. I remember Sean Taylor was pretty upset because one of the teams ahead of him told him they were going to take him if he fell to them. Its milions of dollars between #2 and #3, and look what happened to A. Rodgers last year. He was expected to be in the top 10 and then he fell all the way to the low 20s. No one tanks the combine. They should just skip it unless they are going to give it their best.

If Young goes behind Bush and Leinart as many predict, I would love to be a fan of the team that gets him. He had a chip on his shoulder when the Heisman passed him by and then again when everyone put USC as Champion before the game was played. He thinks he's the best player in the draft and will play with a chip on his shoulder to prove it. To prove to the teams that passed on him that they f***ed up.

If you really don't want to be picked by a particular team, then you should simply tank the interview process ... which is private ... not the very public displays of athletic prowess ...

1260095[/snapback]

I dissagree. Interview process is private, but details always get out. Especially now that the combine and draft are such popular events.

If they don't want to play for that team, they should tell them that up front. I don't think this type of situation would happen that often, though.

It may be off subject, but didn't Alili Smith shoot up to the #2 or #3 QB in the draft because of how well he did at the combine???

1260297[/snapback]

How teams can continue drafting QBs who bomb on the Wonderlich test is amazing to me. I think that Akili was the lowest scoring QB that was drafted that year...

Tom Brady was, I think, the highest scoring QB the year he came out...

I dissagree.  Interview process is private, but details always get out.  Especially now that the combine and draft are such popular events.

If they don't want to play for that team, they should tell them that up front.  I don't think this type of situation would happen that often, though.

1260175[/snapback]

You don't have to do anything other than come across as an oddball, not a complete malcontent or moron.

Like:

Q: "Have you ever smoked Josh Gordon?"

A: "Josh Gordon? What's that?"

Q: "Do you play with your c0ck?"

A: "No, I have never had any chickens."

...etc...