[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does a 1,300 rusher resemble an offense?

URLACHERisGOD

Rushing YardsRank	Player	Team	Yds	Att	Avg	TDs	Long1	Shaun Alexander	SEA	1880	370	5.1	27	882	Tiki Barber	NYG	1860	357	5.2	9	953	Larry Johnson	KC	1750	336	5.2	20	494	Clinton Portis	WAS	1516	352	4.3	11	475	Edgerrin James	IND	1506	360	4.2	13	336	LaDainian Tomlinson	SD	1462	339	4.3	18	627	Rudi Johnson	CIN	1458	337	4.3	12	338	Warrick Dunn	ATL	1416	280	5.1	3	659	Thomas Jones	CHI	1335	314	4.3	9	42

Do you people see that? The 9th leading rusher in the NFL: Thomas Jones. It's an undeniable fact that the Bears D was elite this year. However, all this "the Bears have absolutely nothing that resembles an offense" mumble gets me chuckling. :D Thomas Jones rushed for 1300 yards people! The exact same YPC as Tomlinson!

Next joker please...

Rushing YardsRank	Player	Team	Yds	Att	Avg	TDs	Long1	Shaun Alexander	SEA	1880	370	5.1	27	882	Tiki Barber	NYG	1860	357	5.2	9	953	Larry Johnson	KC	1750	336	5.2	20	494	Clinton Portis	WAS	1516	352	4.3	11	475	Edgerrin James	IND	1506	360	4.2	13	336	LaDainian Tomlinson	SD	1462	339	4.3	18	627	Rudi Johnson	CIN	1458	337	4.3	12	338	Warrick Dunn	ATL	1416	280	5.1	3	659	Thomas Jones	CHI	1335	314	4.3	9	42

Do you people see that?  The 9th leading rusher in the NFL: Thomas Jones.  It's an undeniable fact that the Bears D was elite this year.  However, all this "the Bears have absolutely nothing that resembles an offense" mumble gets me chuckling.  :D Thomas Jones rushed for 1300 yards people!  The exact same YPC as Tomlinson!

Next joker please...

1266810[/snapback]

Not only that, he missed several quarters over the season, the Bears also ran Peterson and Benson, plus defenses could stack the box every play.

Bears running game has been wildly underestimated.

Do you people see that?  The 9th leading rusher in the NFL: Thomas Jones.  It's an undeniable fact that the Bears D was elite this year.  However, all this "the Bears have absolutely nothing that resembles an offense" mumble gets me chuckling.  :D Thomas Jones rushed for 1300 yards people!  The exact same YPC as Tomlinson!

Next joker please...

1266810[/snapback]

You must have forgotten Orten's passing numbers :D

To compare Thomas Jones with Tomlinson... Well, no comment needed :D

Not to burst your bubble, but the Bears are in the playoffs because they are in a horrible division. While I hope they win today, they are lucky to be in the playoffs with such a horrible offense.

You must have forgotten Orten's passing numbers :D 

To compare Thomas Jones with Tomlinson... Well, no comment needed :D

Not to burst your bubble, but the Bears are in the playoffs because they are in a horrible division.  While I hope they win today, they are lucky to be in the playoffs with such a horrible offense.

1266818[/snapback]

6 wins were from outside the division, including Carolina, Tampa and Atlanta. The loss against Washington was by only 2 points, the loss against the Vikings was because we didn't send a team and the loss against Cleveland was totally self-inflicted.

Only Cincinatti and Pittsburgh have beaten the Bears convincingly this year.

What did LT2 do that Jones didn't this year? :D

LT2 will be watching Jones play today from his couch!

1266822[/snapback]

Well for Starters, how about 23 Touchdowns.

LJ, Tiki and a host of others will be watching from their couch as well. It doesn't mean they are not better than Jones.

Boldin, Fitzgerald, C Johnson & Co. will be "watching" today as well. I know... Muhammad is better than those guys as well.

I guess Orten/Grossman are better than Palmer, Brady, and everyone else since they'll be watching.

Enjoy it while it lasts :D But, I'd like to see it continue. I usually like the underdogs.

I am rooting for the Bears to win the NFC, however their schedule wasn't exactly full of defensive juggernauts:

Detroit, Minnesota, and Green Bay twice

San Fran, New Orleans, Atlanta, Cleveland

11 of their game were against teams that were in the bottom half of the league in rushing defense.

Nice disclaimer... :D

1266885[/snapback]

No disclaimer at all. Would I like to see the Bears win? Yes. Do I think they will? No. Are they fortunate to be playing today? Yes. Will they have a winning record next year? No.

It would be nice for a bad team to go another round. That's all I'm saying.

No disclaimer at all.  Would I like to see the Bears win?  Yes.  Do I think they will?  No.  Are they fortunate to be playing today?  Yes.  Will they have a winning record next year?  No.

It would be nice for a bad team to go another round.  That's all I'm saying.

1267043[/snapback]

why wont they have a winning record?

i happen to agree, but mostly because of the HC changes in their division, gonna make it super hard to get those wins...

edit:

i'm saying the competition is gonna get stiff in their division, with the upgrades the in the HC position the division will see...

Edited by LooGie

i'm saying the competition is gonna get stiff in their division, with the upgrades the in the HC position the division will see...

1267072[/snapback]

:D Mike McCarthy and Brad Childress are NOT upgrades at the HC position. Detroit may upgrade over Marriucci, but given Millen's track record so far, I wouldn't put money on it.

That division is Chicago's for the next 3 or 4 years.

Chicago has an offense, it's just one  dimensional.

1266812[/snapback]

Word.

Chicago's problem is that IF (and Ursa is correct, the Bears running game has been VERY effective this year) the Panthers stop Chicago's run game, the Bears haven't proven than can do anything throwing the ball. And the playoffs are not the ideal time to find out how good your passing game may or may not be.

:D Mike McCarthy and Brad Childress are NOT upgrades at the HC position. Detroit may upgrade over Marriucci, but given Millen's track record so far, I wouldn't put money on it.

That division is Chicago's for the next 3 or 4 years.

1267084[/snapback]

perhaps not, but the teams will be better. they have only one direction to go.

I should say though, I retract my statement saying they don't have a winning record next year. I feel they will, but I think it will be a very competive division.

Anybody is an upgrade in MIN, Tice couldn't keep that team in line if he wanted to. Too much talent on that team to dismiss them. I see MIN stealing the division next year.