[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst superbowl winning team ever?

Luger

I think my facts are pretty straight. Parcells has never sucked, anywhere, as much as it may bother me. In fact, He won 2 SBs in one city, brought another team into one, got a 3rd team into the AFC Championship game and in Dallas he's..well, let's just leave Dallas as "improving.  Bill sucked in Cleveland, you can't deny it.

1269793[/snapback]

I could care less about Cleveland.

If I look it up, he inherited a 3-13 team and went 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, and started 3-1 in 1995 before the Model moving the team rumors started. He found out from a Boston sports writer (Will McDonough) that the team was moving to Baltimore. He wasn't given much input in the personel decisions, and as it's already been posted on this thread, go look at the roster from the 94 Browns and figure out how they went 11-5.

What, it makes him less of a coach because he doesn't get happy feet and need to leave an organization in 3-4 years like Parcells?

Parcells is 11-7 in the playoffs with 2 Superbowl wins (with Bellichick running the D).

Bellichick is 11-2 in the playoffs with 3 Superbowl wins (no Parcells on his staff).

Edited by charty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill sucked in Cleveland, you can't deny it.

1269793[/snapback]

Who cares. He's the best coach in the league now, and will continue to be so. And I'm happy to have him regardless of what happened in Cleveland. I mean, otherwise we might end up with Tony Dungy... :D

Who cares.  He's the best coach in the league now, and will continue to be so.  And I'm happy to have him regardless of what happened in Cleveland.  I mean, otherwise we might end up with Tony Dungy...  :D

1269833[/snapback]

It's not a stand alone statement, it's part of a series of posts that started out slamming Shannahan not being able to win without Elway (see how far it's gotten). I'm no fan of Denver (#3 on my hated team list), but you can see how ridiculous that statement is and how easy it is to take any coach and do the same thing?

What about Cowher ?  I think how this ends means a lot to Cowher's legacy as well.  Cowher has the best record of any coach over the last 12 years.  This is the Steelers 6 AFC Championship game in 12 years.  That is amazing, but, that is where it ends.  He has lost 5 of those and lost in the only Super Bowl he got to.  A Super Bowl win this year would be huge for Cowher's legacy.

1269447[/snapback]

Steelers=Atlanta Braves of the NFL

Steelers=Atlanta Braves of the NFL

1270524[/snapback]

It's funny because it's true.

With Cowher, it's a different thing; he needs to win ONE to prove he's better than your average ham-and-egger; IMO a win locks Shanny and/or Holmgren into the Hall of Fame (where all three guys are probably going to end up anyway) and vaults them into the "Best Ever Football Geniuses" discussion.

Guest THEbigred
Dumb-a$$ thread, superbowl winning team is the champ, pure and simple.

1268172[/snapback]

This also just in: water is wet.

You're right though: dumba** thread.