[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Tecmo Appreciation Thread

Chavez

frickin awesome game....

really can't remember my personal bests at it. but those teams with allen/bo, okoye, 49ers, vikes, lt, derrick thomas, philly d, barry, bills.

remember banging my head against the wall with those bs defensive plays chavez described.

very cool :D

Tecmo Rocked! :D I had 88, 91, 93, 94 & the wirless versions. There was also another football game called NES Playaction football that was pretty good too. Anyone remember or ever play that one? Ahhh the good ol' days.

This is a common discussion here for good reason. Great game. Love the special animation in between the "real" action.

If I remember correctly, Bo Jackson was unstoppable-- the "Ronieck factor" (sp?) as we like to call it in the video game world.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Tecmo Rocked! :D I had 88, 91, 93, 94 & the wirless versions.  There was also another football game called NES Playaction football that was pretty good too.  Anyone remember or ever play that one?  Ahhh the good ol' days.

1269212[/snapback]

I used to play NES Playaction all the time after school with a friend. The diagnal screen was cool. We would play that and the original Tecmo. My friend was a Bears fan. I still don't like Neal Anderson because of Tecmo. I also hate Brad Muster from NES Playaction.

I wasn't introduced to the new fangled 91 Tecmo until college, and then it was a couple of years old. Since the Lions weren't available on the original Tecmo or NES Playaction, I had to pick a new "favorite" team. I was always the Broncos.

So, ever since the original Tecmo, the Broncos have been my AFC team. They don't play the Lions too often, so it hasn't been a problem.

Once I got to play '91 Tecmo, KC was my team. Okoye/Word on offense. Thomas on defense. Both Okoye and Thomas were unstoppable. Once Madden came out, I started with the Chiefs. Birden (WR #88) was unreal if you lined him up as a HB in the "fast" lineup. I took him in my first ever fantasy draft. I cursed Schottenheimer for never using the "fast" lineup in a gametime situation.

Since the mid-90s with Madden, I've played with the Seahawks. I must have lived in AFC West territory in another life. I still play as the Seahawks. I've never been able to enjoy playing as the Lions... even with Barry. :D

Up until last year, I carried a PocketPC with Tecmo '91 on it. I didn't like carrying it anymore... maybe I should break it out again. The controls were perfect.