[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My ref theory

jjpro11

did anyone else notice that every single played that is under scrutiny or obviously wrong went in favor of the home team? even two plays that get overlooked which i saw.. the missed obvious randle el interference. (he was held on another shuffle pass as well). and the no call bears interference in the endzone.. i think it was carter who went deep and he was absolutely mugged by the bears defender in the endzone.

i think the refs get a bit too caught up with the moment and the fans.. its almost like they feed off of the fans cheers when they make calls as much as the home team's players do when they make a play. its like they want to be heros or something. its just too strange that trained professionals can screw up so badly on crucial calls.

the real mind twister was on the polamalu play. the refs call it a catch on the field, then after they review it they overturn a correct call?! my thought is that the refs obviously thought it was a catch from their first instincts. had they called it incomplete, the steelers would have challenged and had one hell of an argument because the guys working upstairs for the steelers would have seen it as an obvious catch. it would be rather hard explaining to cowher a rule that doesnt exist when the steelers replay guys are unable to find the rule in the rulebook and know darn well that it is a lie. especially after cowher receives the full explanation from his guys reviewing the play. after the call, cowher didnt get an explanation which he said later on. there likely wasnt time for the steelers to scan the rulebook for the rule once the call was made. the steelers had to get back on defense. maybe they did, but the game most likely had already started again, making it pointless to argue further.

how do we know the refs werent told by whoever was working the replay of the rule that doesnt exist.. or that the nfl did indeed tell morelli it to offer an explanation when announcing the call on the field.. the call and rule was made up. no rule exists as to what he said. if morelli or the replay booth guys dont get reprimanded some how, then i will be forever suspicious of the league. a huge comeback for the colts would have made for a media frenzy and made manning look like a hero. that all equals more $$$ for the league. we will never know, but someone could have very well offered whoever was involved some nice cash to make the wrong call and give a false explanation of it.. its not like the coaches or fans memorize the entire nfl rulebook. the tuck rule was stupid as hell, but was a rule.. so why couldnt this be you might wonder as he gives the explanation?

if the replay official or an assistant gets reprimanded then it can be said he is a cheat and very well came up with the rule himself. there was plenty of hype around the colts and plenty of money bet on the game. same goes for morelli. if he made it up then the same could be said for him. either one could have wanted to play "hero" to indy and get caught up in the comeback the colts were on the verge of. no matter what the reasoning for it, that call was not made simply by human error.. the simple fact is that someone actually created a fake rule during the entire thing. whether it came from the league, the replay official, or morelli.. someone either got caught up in the moment of the game or there was money involved. im not saying this because im a steelers fan, but just look at how the whole thing developed. i dont know how you can put this off as human error.

what the nfl needs to do if they dont already is record what the hell is being said between the replay official and ref during these replays. that way if this type of thing happens again, there will be some kind of proof as to what happened and who is to blame. someone pointed out the rule, but nobody knows who. for all we know the nfl had already thought of this idea and ignored it so they could alter calls.. if not then the teams should lobby this sort of idea at their hearings or whatever so they know they dont get cheated and players dont accuse officials of cheating.

Chicago threw an INT that basically ended the game after the play clock was at zero so that was a bad call in favor of the AWAY team.

1271825[/snapback]

thats the irony of all of this. the initial call was in favor of chicago once again. unfortunately for chicago, a call that went their way ultimately backfired at them.

I believe I heard this on Mike and Mike this morning, it was mentioned that the referee was leaning towards letting the call stand as an INT/Fumble, and was talked out of it by the replay official.

Does the replay booth usually have that kind of pull on an instant replay decision?

Is the replay booth staff as "neutral" as the officiating crew is (should be), if you know what I mean?

I believe I heard this on Mike and Mike this morning, it was mentioned that the referee was leaning towards letting the call stand as an INT/Fumble, and was talked out of it by the replay official.

Does the replay booth usually have that kind of pull on an instant replay decision?

Is the replay booth staff as "neutral" as the officiating crew is (should be), if you know what I mean?

1271846[/snapback]

that is why we need audio recordings of replay reviews.

Chicago threw an INT that basically ended the game after the play clock was at zero so that was a bad call in favor of the AWAY team.

1271825[/snapback]

I thought this was bizarre too,

not only had the clock went down to zero, but it sat at zero for about 3 seconds before they got the play off.

did anyone else notice that every single played that is under scrutiny or obviously wrong went in favor of the home team?

blah

blah

blah

1271783[/snapback]

there were some pretty sh!tty calls and non-calls against the home team in the Pitt game two weeks ago. TJ doesn't get mugged at the 4-yd line, add another 7 points to the Bengals score before the collapse started. Plus others.

The NFL would have been really embarrassed if the Colts had won after that call on the Polamalu INT.

Clearly league officials realized this, and someone got the word to Vanderjagt before that last FG attempt that the league wanted the Steelers to advance.