[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Back Surgery

hoopsnakes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, Keg, it is all about the Benjamins. It's that simple. Can you spell R-A-C-K-E-T?

VACO or just plain old INSURANCE

Read it all...it sucks! Did I ever tell the story where I was rear ended, my car was totaled, I hurt my neck (had 4 verts fused a couple of years later), by a City truck, and it cost me ~$300??? :wacko:

All I can say to you is keep punchin'! Don't let the bureaucrats get you down or make you give up.

My best to you Keg! :tup:

Thanks

And they wonder why people go postal now and then. Hang in there brother. Play their little game and get better. They all suck each and everyone of them.

Couldn't agree more and thanks for the support

• 3 weeks later...

Worker's Comp finally approved the surgery but I still think that they are a-holes. Tomorrow I have to go for my PAT (Pre-Anesthesia Testing) and the surgery is scheduled for this coming Monday, July 11th. Not sure what time the surgery is yet.

Worker's Comp finally approved the surgery but I still think that they are a-holes. Tomorrow I have to go for my PAT (Pre-Anesthesia Testing) and the surgery is scheduled for this coming Monday, July 11th. Not sure what time the surgery is yet.

Good to see you got it scheduled. I'll be praying for you.

Better get your questions answered about defensive players before the drugs take effect. :wacko:

Wish you the best Keg. :lol:

:tup: and thanks...and if you like hospital food feel free to stop by and you can have mine, that is unless hospital food has gotten much better since my last stay. Will be at Mary Immaculate in NN.

oh and I will more than likely be out of work for 2-3 months so I will have lots of time to dedicate to IDP since I won't be doing much of anything else.

Edited by keggerz

• 4 weeks later...

24 days post surgery and while I wouldn't call it a walk in the park, I can safely say that I feel like I made the right decision to have the surgery. Yes, I have had pain but it isn't the same pain as before. It is more just pain from the surgery and that is subsiding by the day or so it seems anyway. Was up and walking the day after (or maybe it was 2 days after, memory isn't the best) surgery. The oddest thing is a bone growth stimulator that I have to wear each day for a half hour. Evidently, it generates some sort of magnetic field that helps the bone to fuse. Saw the doc 10 days after the surgery and he was happy with the surgery and my progress. My next appointment isn't until 8/31 which is when I hope to find out if and when I can return to work. Oh and I used to get a pain/tingling/numbness in my leg/foot whenever I would lay down and since the surgery I haven't experienced any of that :wacko:

Edit: I will say that having my wife around to help the 1st week after surgery was a hugh plus. For the life of me I can't see how "older" patients can manage without help, which my doc said sometimes happens if they don't have anyone to help them. That and I am in pretty good shape so I was able to use upper body strength to help me get up and stuff like that....just can't fathom someone in their 70's being able to do that.

Edited by keggerz