[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seneca Wallace

Jedi

It is WAY too early to judge the guy as a quarterback, positive or negative. Can the guy start a game first??? Nobody has any idea. As for why they called the play, I think its pretty obvious. Holmgren does not, nor will he ever, pander to #12. He called the play because he knew Seneca would get single coverage and he thought Seneca could make the play. If he would not have thought it would've worked, he wouldn't have ran it, that simple.

As for the future of Seneca. His decision making and accuracy improvements had been raved about all preseason, but like I said before, who knows. I would say I could see him having an impact in the future at WR except we've already got three veterans and a young talented kid in place (Hackett), and it doesn't make sense to teach a guy a new position to be your #5 WR. Seneca's appearance in the game means little to nothing for his future. He was involved in a gimmick play that happened to work. Thats it

Edited by Seahawks21

I was wondering where the impression came from, as he's a horrible NFL quarterback, though he's apparently got some wheels and some hands.

1284512[/snapback]

Wow, GTS, I'm surprised to hear you say that. That's a pretty strong assessment of a guy who's played like 1 1/4 regular season games in his entire NFL career.

As someone who watches every single Seahawk game, I have yet to see anything from Seneca that would have me characterize him as horrible, any more than I could say he's incredible, he just hasn't played enough IMO to prove anything.

I just thought it was a fun play to watch, a little razzle dazzle from a team that typically doesn't do a lot of the gimmicky stuff, and a great catch on Seneca's part.

By the way, sorry to miss you yesterday!

Edited by Bonehand

It is WAY too early to judge the guy as a quarterback, positive or negative.  Can the guy start a game first???  Nobody has any idea.  As for why they called the play, I think its pretty obvious.  Holmgren does not, nor will he ever, pander to #12.  He called the play because he knew Seneca would get single coverage and he thought Seneca could make the play.  If he would not have thought it would've worked, he wouldn't have ran it, that simple.

As for the future of Seneca.  His decision making and accuracy improvements had been raved about all preseason, but like I said before, who knows.  I would say I could see him having an impact in the future at WR except we've already got three veterans and a young talented kid in place (Hackett), and it doesn't make sense to teach a guy a new position to be your #5 WR.  Seneca's appearance in the game means little to nothing for his future.  He was involved in a gimmick play that happened to work.  Thats it

1284599[/snapback]

I appreciate your answer, but I don't buy it. Hackett would have only drawn single coverage.

from this thread, and people talking about the huge cheers he got cause he caught a pass.  :D 

Read through this thread again.

1284528[/snapback]

H8- he's got wheels and can show some flash. That's it. And for Holmgren to show a little bit of rare form, I found it interesting. Maybe we'll see him on the field again in Detroit?

from this thread, and people talking about the huge cheers he got cause he caught a pass.  :D 

Read through this thread again.

1284528[/snapback]

Your question was the 2nd post....am I missing something?

As someone who watches every single Seahawk game, I have yet to see anything from Seneca that would have me characterize him as horrible, any more than I could say he's incredible, he just hasn't played enough IMO to prove anything.

Horrible is harsh, but he has looked overmatched at times in pre-season and the mop-up duty he's had. In the pre-season, he was able to produce mostly because of his scrambling ability keeping defenses at bay.

I just thought it was a fun play to watch, a little razzle dazzle from a team that typically doesn't do a lot of the gimmicky stuff, and a great catch on Seneca's part.

100% agree on all accounts. I especially liked what Holmgren said about Wallace deserving some PT for "being a good soldier".

By the way, sorry to miss you yesterday!

1284601[/snapback]

Indeed. A hectic, nerve-wracking, tension-filled, exciting, euphoric, amazing day that I'll never forget, but unfortunately, did not involve many Huddlers.