[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seneca Wallace

Jedi

The morning dj on local sports radio this morning could not figure out why the Seahawks would call such a play. To me it's obvious, but maybe I'm missing something? It was for the fans and to get #12 fired up (not that it was necessary).

How excited were you as a Hawks fan to see Wallace lined up at WR? And how loud did you yell when he caught the pass? I swear my house must have rumbled as everyone in it was cheering on that play as much as the first 3 touchdowns and first 2 interceptions (yes we cheered on the final TD and the final INT, just not as loud as the Wallace play or the other big plays).

Those at the game.. did it ignite the crowd even more? Again I wouldn't know as I was too busy collecting myself for the next play to pay attention to the crowd noise.

EDIT to add that we cheered on all the sacks too, But still not as loud as the Wallace play... fantastic.

Edited by Jedi

He was an outstanding QB at Iowa St, was he drafted as a QB, or a slash/Randel El type player?

1284167[/snapback]

Drafted as a QB, but now that he's the #2 there doesn't seem to be enough confidence for him as a true QB. He's talented though so they want him in somehow. Just wasn't expecting it yet. It seemed pointless really, so it seems obvious to me that it was simply to move the crowd.

Fraz, Bonehand, others.. did the crowd go nuts? I did.

I had just berated Holmgren for calling that play in a short-yardage situation when he caught the d@mn thing!!!!! :D

The fact that he caught it made Holmgren look like a genius, but if the play had backfired?...... :D

I had just berated Holmgren for calling that play in a short-yardage situation when he caught the d@mn thing!!!!!  :D

The fact that he caught it made Holmgren look like a genius, but if the play had backfired?...... :D

1284206[/snapback]

Sure...it's like that with any play out of the ordinary. If they make it the coach is a genius and if they dont...what a stupid idiot play. I think it took a lot of balls to call it to begin with. I like that he opened up the play book and let it fly. Fans love that.

I guess the Hawks are gonna have Wallace try new stuff next year like return punts and play WR a little bit. Cause he is an amazing athlete.

1284162[/snapback]

Like Randle El or Hines Ward. They may have run that play to set up the Steelers. Holmgren likes playing games with other coaches. A fake reverse/throw wouldn't surprise me.

He was an outstanding QB at Iowa St, was he drafted as a QB, or a slash/Randel El type player?

1284167[/snapback]

I believe that he was drafted as a QB, but cannot play the position at the NFL level. He's a third-stringer at best. He's very similar in talent to Randle El, although I don't think he's quite as fast. IIRC, Randle El was drafted as a kick/punt returner and slot receiver.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Those at the game.. did it ignite the crowd even more? Again I wouldn't know as I was too busy collecting myself for the next play to pay attention to the crowd noise.

1284128[/snapback]

At first, we were like "who's that lined up out wide for the Hawks", by the time we figured it out and saw the catch we were going nutz and yelling out of our mind!

I remember watching him in the preseason and loved him. He scrambled from one side of the field to the other behind the line of scrimiage and was still able to get long throws off. Broke some tackles for some long runs, and had some nice pass plays.

He's got skill.

what amazes me is everyone , including myself way over here in PA, knew he was getting the ball.  And he still got it!!!! :doah:

1284164[/snapback]

Because that catch was awesome. I always draft this guy in Madden as a backup so I was glad to see him make a nice grab in primetime.

Granted, I only watched one Seahag game this year, (they lost by the way, were beaten by a much better team, Jax), but I still don't get why he is so popular?  He caught a pass?  big deal?  The catch Hines made after champ and him tipped it up? Now that was a catch.

1284456[/snapback]

What gives the impression that he's popular?

Are you putting me on?

1284503[/snapback]

I didn't watch the game, as I was in attendence, I've been out of touch with media outlets and the message board today, I have never heard anyone proclaim anything about Seneca Wallace remotely noteworthy prior to this morning where a couple of "Whoa! Mike Holmgren's innovative!" columns in the paper were written. You referred to him as "popular", and I was wondering where the impression came from, as he's a horrible NFL quarterback, though he's apparently got some wheels and some hands.