[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

f'n garbage man!

dmarc117

so i come home from work todya to find that one of my garbage cans was not emptied. so i called the refuse company and the lady proceeds to tell me that because of their union, the garbage men are not allowed to pick up anything over 40lbs!!!!! are you f'n kidding me...40 lbs!!!!!!!!! my 9mo old boy could pick up 40lbs....

:D

The garbage men here drink battery acid and piss gasoline!!  Shoot, they'll throw the whole darn can into the crusher.  Count your blessings.

Of course, they don't hire any  :D  or :D or :D  to be garbage men.

:D

1284668[/snapback]

Ours don't even get out of the truck anymore. :D

I gave my garbage men Pretzels and a 12 pack of Pepsi last week and they took all my basement junk last week and this week (yesterday) without a complain. Not that they should but there were a few heavy (cement) garbage cans and a ton of wood.

I figure it saves me some aggravation if they take all that crap. Will have a bit more for them next week, mainly cement so I am hoping everything will be gone next Monday.

Shoulda tipped 'em better at Christmas ya cheap bassturd. :D

1284866[/snapback]

I gave my garbage men 2 $50 bills and a bottle of vodka for Christmas. I could put a body out there and they'd take it away.

I gave my garbage men 2 $50 bills and a bottle of vodka for Christmas. I could put a body out there and they'd take it away.

1284967[/snapback]

:D Yup. That's the way to do it. I will also tip them during the course of the year if I have excessive garbage. Gotta take care of your garbage men.

i do tip them....but seems like we get a different guy everytime...

plus i have a problem with a garbage man gettin paid 75k per year when my wife, who is a 3rd elementary teacher is making only 45k....something seems wrong in that equation

1285028[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly. Not that I'm a cheap fatherless male because I usually tip pretty well, but to be honest I never even heard of tipping the garbage man until I got on here. I'm not sorry to say nobody is getting a tip for driving past my house once a week & pressing a button to pick up my cans.

I gave my garbage men Pretzels and a 12 pack of Pepsi last week and they took all my basement junk last week and this week (yesterday) without a complain.

1284915[/snapback]

That's not why they did it.

it's because your wife gave them a dollar.

It's christmas time and the garbagemen stop by this house when Mrs Chiefjay calls them all in to the house. She procedes to have sex with all of them. And when everyone is done, she gives each one of them 4 quarters. One of them asks whats up with the dollar.

Mrs Chiefjay says, "I asked my husband if we shouldn't be giving the garbagemen a tip for christmas, he said 'flip the garbagemen, giv 'em a dollar'.

plus i have a problem with a garbage man gettin paid 75k per year when my wife, who is a 3rd elementary teacher is making only 45k....something seems wrong in that equation

1285028[/snapback]

Sorry.

But I really really hate people who make that argument.

Yes, your wife is getting underpaid, doesn't mean you need to take it out on someone else.

I just joined a union a few months ago and I worked on a film that had union aproval though most of the people were non-union trying to get into the union. turns out some of these people were pissed that though my job is easier than theirs, I was getting paid more. Get angry at the system, get angry at yourself for not negotiating better terms, get angry at the union for working harder for you, but DO NOT GET ANGRY AT THE GUY WHO HAS A BETTER DEAL THAN YOU.

Aspire to get what he gets, don't try to drag him down to where you are.

We have one of those huge jobbers with two wheels, I don't know what it holds, but I'd wager 100gallons, stands about 4 feet tall... anyway, some wind blew the lid open during a storm, and this thing was full, and got rained on, fill that thing with water, now the can isn't necessarily water proof, but garbage bags are like a sponge, anyway, it weighed about a million pounds.

I'm about a half mile from the road, so I gotta load this can in my truck every week and drive it up to the road, every dam week... well after this rainstorm, and the million pound can, after I lifted it, my intestines were filled up in my shorts.

I don't know how they lifted it.

My sentiments exactly. Not that I'm a cheap fatherless male because I usually tip pretty well, but to be honest I never even heard of tipping the garbage man until I got on here. I'm not sorry to say nobody is getting a tip for driving past my house once a week & pressing a button to pick up my cans.

1285064[/snapback]

We don't have those fancy schmancy garbage trucks, our guys get off the back of the truck and life the sh*t into the back. They work hard, they deserve a tip.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I can't believe there are garbage services that aren't automated yet. Those guys can haul a$$ with the automatic setup. It's mostly private companies getting it done where I live, and I have to think it's cheaper in the long run to go automated, otherwise they wouldn't be using it.

Sorry.

But I really really hate people who make that argument.

Yes, your wife is getting underpaid, doesn't mean you need to take it out on someone else.

I just joined a union a few months ago and I worked on a film that had union aproval though most of the people were non-union trying to get into the union.  turns out some of these people were pissed that though my job is easier than theirs, I was getting paid more.  Get angry at the system, get angry at yourself for not negotiating better terms, get angry at the union for working harder for you, but DO NOT GET ANGRY AT THE GUY WHO HAS A BETTER DEAL THAN YOU.

Aspire to get what he gets, don't try to drag him down to where you are.

1285416[/snapback]

yeah, no chit. where do those f'ers think we are, FRANCE?? :D

so you dont think there is anything backwards with a garbage man making more than a teacher??

edit add

i also think, even though they have helped my wife, that unions are not good and hurt this country and economy....yes, back when they were formed they had a purpose. but they are only hurting us nowadays....

this countries economy sucks...and people have become too comfortable with high wages and benefits. they are going to have to get used to cuts and lower wages or be out of jobs...it is happening here in se mi...

Edited by dmarc117

I go to the dump in mah pick-up truck.  No pansy garbage men for rednecks round these parts.

1285019[/snapback]

I would take it myself, but we don't have a town or county landfill. Residents of the county, with the exception of the two boroughs, have to contract for our own garbage pickup. I pay about $325 per year for garbage pickup. As the guy is an owner operator, I don't tip him.

so you dont think there is anything backwards with a garbage man making more than a teacher??

1286124[/snapback]

I'm sorry.... where did I say that it was normal that a garbageman should make more than a teacher? :D

I think you may have missed my point 100% :D

Let me put this another way: if a waiter is making more than you, it doesn't mean you shouldn't tip him.

Or the fact that your wife is getting violently underpaid doean't mean you shouldn't pay people their due.

Now I live in an industrial part of NYC, our garbage goes in a dumpster that gets picked up once a week at 3 AM by a private company. Never even seen my garbageman, and it certainly is not common to tip one's garbageman here. I have noo problem w/ you saying you don't beleive in that practice, but don't try to justify not adhering to that practice because your wife doesn't get paid what she is worth

I'm sorry.... where did I say that it was normal that a garbageman should make more than a teacher? :D

I think you may have missed my point 100% :D

Let me put this another way: if a waiter is making more than you, it doesn't mean you shouldn't tip him.

Or the fact that your wife is getting violently underpaid doean't mean you shouldn't pay people their due.

Now I live in an industrial part of NYC, our garbage goes in a dumpster that gets picked up once a week at 3 AM by a private company.  Never even seen my garbageman, and it certainly is not common to tip one's garbageman here.  I have noo problem w/ you saying you don't beleive in that practice, but don't try to justify not adhering to that practice because your wife doesn't get paid what she is worth

1286221[/snapback]

i DO tip...said it in an earlier post...#11

my problem is that a guy making 75k a year should be able to lift more than 40lbs, imho....

Edited by dmarc117

Ours don't even get out of the truck anymore. :D

1284898[/snapback]

your truck actually has a driver? :D

My guys are so f-in lazy that once i put it at the end of the driveway at an angle by accident and they skipped us because the mechanical arm could'nt get around it fully, according to the dispatcher that evening.

These idiots can't even get out of the truck to straighten it out? That's the Union for you.

Sure, I got a tip for them... :D

1285028[/snapback]

Tell the garbage guy not to show up for a couple months or so.....see what he's worth then.