[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle Predictions and the Steelers

beavers

Thank you, Huddle for once again picking against the steelers. You did it with the Colts, Broncos, and now the Seahawks.

I guess you haven't caught on yet and did you even watch the games???

It's about time the Steelers get one for the thumb!

:D

1286940[/snapback]

Hey they are entitled to their opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's not the point nor did I say anything of that nature. The point is they, like many others, obviously haven't respected the Steelers this playoff season.

1288500[/snapback]

And if the pick was the Steelers the Huddle would be accused of not respecting the 'Hawks (otherwise known as "the other team" in the Superbowl).

If only the Huddle could predict the politically correct "tie game" then everybody would have respect and peace would prosper across the globe. If only.......

Edited by rattsass

Yeah.....peace

Edited by rattsass

I don't see it in as a matter of "respect". The Steelers have not been favored in any game until this week by most people as shown by the betting line. The Steelers have played better than they did at any time during the season, so why is it a question of respect when they have not only exceeded expectations, but exceeded anything they did up until the playoffs?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's not the point nor did I say anything of that nature. The point is they, like many others, obviously haven't respected the Steelers this playoff season.

1288500[/snapback]

Cry me a freaking river. :D

Mommy, nobody wespects da Steewers, waaaa, waaaa, waaaa. :D

They base their predictions on more historic information, stats and tendencies that have probably ever entered your brain.

Aproppriate username though. :D

Regular season stats do not mean anything in the playoffs. So why would anyone make a prediction based on them and not the fact they beat the 1, 2, and 3 seeds? That has to mean something! Even if you base your prediction on regular season, the Steelers lost when Big Ben was out and Tommy Maddox blew chunks. Up until then, they were considered a contender.

Maybe it's a simulated robot who makes the projections. At least that would make sense.

Regular season stats do not mean anything in the playoffs. So why would anyone make a prediction based on them and not the fact they beat the 1, 2, and 3 seeds? That has to mean something! Even if you base your prediction on regular season, the Steelers lost when Big Ben was out and Tommy Maddox blew chunks. Up until then, they were considered a contender.

Maybe it's a simulated robot who makes the projections. At least that would make sense.

1288650[/snapback]

this whole debate is cracking me up :D

is it just me, or does this forum starting to sound like the tailgate some months back. and i have to admit, i would rather have the political threads going than these stupid "no respect for my team" threads. the only time i want to hear something like that is when a team goes undefeated and nobody cares.

this whole debate is cracking me up  :D

1288666[/snapback]

It's.....LEAVE IT TO BEAVERS!!

Starring Hugh One......

DMD..........

Rattsass........

and newbie tool as.....the beavers

I'm really dissapointed in the lack of intelligent debate on this upcoming game so far. Enough crap.

As also noted in the Huddle prediction, it can easily be said to make a case for either team winning.

What we have are the 2 best playing teams in the NFL right now. In the playoffs, Seattle hasn't met a team as hot as the Steelers and vice versa. This game is a toss up.

Seattle has an offense that has been largely on fire all year with an underated QB (he has been playing like this all year) and a great RB. Pittsburgh's passing game has just caught on fire with a decent running game...Edge goes to Seattle.

Pittsburgh has a great defense, playing great all year, and Seattle's D is quick and underated. Edge goes to Pittsburgh.

Both teams have had injuries and both are getting healthy/peaking at the right time. The 3.5 to 4 point spread is largely due to Steeler Mania and Hawk Doubters throughout the nation.

I pick Seattle (in some part because I am a homer) but also because I think whatever the summation of the "EDGE" is, goes towards Seattle. Seattle will score on Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh will score on Seattle, Seattle has the easier time doing this. The only offense Pittsburgh has seen like this was against the Colts in the regular season, when the Colts knew how to move the ball.

I don't have the most convincing arguement, but please, enough of the "Seattle has an easy schedule......they are overated," crap. Hawk fans have been hearing this from every opponent since Week 5 of the regular season and it's ringing pretty hollow. I'm not going to bring up the fact that the Steelers lost to the Ravens in Week 11 as a valid point to justify who may win this game.

My opinion in a nutshell, so bushwacked can stop whining about the state of the huddle:

Seattle is a very good team. They are the deserving #1 team in the NFC, and the deserving NFC Super Bowl represantative.

Pittsburgh is probably the best #6 seed that we've seen in a long time. Theoretically, if Ben stayed healthy, they would have won another 2 games at least, and would have been the #2 seed.

IMO, the AFC is significantly better than the NFC, and an AFC #2 should have no problems with the NFC #1.

That's no disrespect to Seattle, they're a great team, I just think the Steelers are better, and will win by 2 TD's.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I'm really dissapointed in the lack of intelligent debate on this upcoming game so far.  Enough crap. 

As also noted in the Huddle prediction, it can easily be said to make a case for either team winning. 

What we have are the 2 best playing teams in the NFL right now.  In the playoffs, Seattle hasn't met a team as hot as the Steelers and vice versa. This game is a toss up. 

Seattle has an offense that has been largely on fire all year with an underated QB (he has been playing like this all year) and a great RB.  Pittsburgh's passing game has just caught on fire with a decent running game...Edge goes to Seattle.

Pittsburgh has a great defense, playing great all year, and Seattle's D is quick and underated.  Edge goes to Pittsburgh.

Both teams have had injuries and both are getting healthy/peaking at the right time.  The 3.5 to 4 point spread is largely due to Steeler Mania and Hawk Doubters throughout the nation. 

I pick Seattle (in some part because I am a homer) but also because I think whatever the summation of the "EDGE" is, goes towards Seattle.  Seattle will score on Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh will score on Seattle, Seattle has the easier time doing this.  The only offense Pittsburgh has seen like this was against the Colts in the regular season, when the Colts knew how to move the ball. 

I don't have the most convincing arguement, but please, enough of the "Seattle has an easy schedule......they are overated," crap.  Hawk fans have been hearing this from every opponent since Week 5 of the regular season and it's ringing pretty hollow.  I'm not going to bring up the fact that the Steelers lost to the Ravens in Week 11 as a valid point to justify who may win this game.

1288734[/snapback]

I have to agree with the general lack of intelligent debate. But when in Rome.......

But seriously, there is little to debate in my opinion. As you noted these are the two hottest teams in the league, evenly matched, and anybody that thinks they know for sure who is going to win is full of crapola.

This could easily turn out to be be the best , most thrilling game in Superbowl history, and to tell you the truth we have had some pretty good ones lately.

But I think this one could be one for the ages, and all this Seahawk / Steelers bashing may turn out to look pretty foolish when we are treated to an instant classic 10 days from now.

We have two evenly matched teams, both on fire offensively. I am perfectly satisfied with the game we have coming. All I ask from a Superbowl is to not be a snoozer like the annual NFC ass kickings of the 80's, and I see little to no chance of that happening.

IMO, the AFC is significantly better than the NFC, and an AFC #2 should have no problems with the NFC #1.

1288740[/snapback]

Well, let me continue my :D. While that argument seems to make sense on the surface it's a fallacy. We really don't know how Seattle would rank as an AFC team.

Well, let me continue my :D.  While that argument seems to make sense on the surface it's a fallacy.  We really don't know how Seattle would rank as an AFC team.

1288761[/snapback]

Agreed, which is why I prefaced my statement with "IMO".

And I was just kidding about you :D .

I have to agree with the general lack of intelligent debate.  But when in Rome.......

But seriously, there is little to debate in my opinion.  As you noted these are the two hottest teams in the league, evenly matched, and anybody that thinks they know for sure who is going to win is full of crapola.

This could easily turn out to be be the best , most thrilling game in Superbowl history, and to tell you the truth we have had some pretty good ones lately. 

But I think this one could be one for the ages, and all this Seahawk / Steelers bashing may turn out to look pretty foolish when we are treated to an instant classic 10 days from now.

We have two evenly matched teams, both on fire offensively.  I am perfectly satisfied with the game we have coming.  All I ask from a Superbowl is to not be a snoozer like the annual NFC ass kickings of the 80's, and I see little to no chance of that happening.

1288754[/snapback]

Very well said. :D

Well, let me continue my :D.  While that argument seems to make sense on the surface it's a fallacy.  We really don't know how Seattle would rank as an AFC team.

1288761[/snapback]

With all due respect, if memory serves, Seattle was an AFC team until recently and, much more often than not, watched the playoffs on TV.

With all due respect, if memory serves, Seattle was an AFC team until recently and, much more often than not, watched the playoffs on TV.

1289397[/snapback]

So you are acutally judging the potential competiveness of the 2005 Seahawks against AFC teams this year based upon the Seahawks of the early 2000's when Hasselbeck was getting benched in favor of Trent Dilfer?

You're convinced Pittsburgh is head and shoulders above the Hawks, in part because the late 1990's Seahawk teams led by Jon Kitna struggled in the AFC.

Maybe there will be some better discussions next week? :D

Edited by bushwacked

Thank you, Huddle for once again picking against the steelers. You did it with the Colts, Broncos, and now the Seahawks.

I guess you haven't caught on yet and did you even watch the games???

It's about time the Steelers get one for the thumb!

1286940[/snapback]

Hey Tool, Vegas picked against the Steelers. The Steelers played on the road, and lost to Cincy and Indy in the regular season rather handily, and Denver at home was undefeated on the season. I see no disrespect whatsoever picking the Steelers as under dogs in all 3 of those games. Big Ben played vs Cincy, and Indy, and they got the Athena kicked out of them both times, so it wasnt just Tommy Maddox blew chunks like you say. The only game Pitt lost when Maddox played that was questionable is vs Baltimore. Against Jacksonville in Jacksonville there was no guarantee they win that game, whetehr Ben played or not, and Pitt also lost to NE early on, when they were getting beat by everyone with Roeth as the QB. So if you want to give Pitt one more win because Ben missed some games, I can see that, but 2 games is pushing it, and as you say at least 2 games, what the Oprah ever. They only lost 2 games Roeth didnt play, and one was questionable because of the opponent if he did, as the track record stats he didnt get the job done vs the better teams in the AFC, even when he was playing early on.

Hey Tool,  Vegas picked against the Steelers. The Steelers played on the road, and lost to Cincy and Indy in the regular season rather handily, and Denver at home was undefeated on the season.  I see no disrespect whatsoever picking the Steelers as under dogs in all 3 of those games.  Big Ben played vs Cincy, and Indy,  and they got the Athena kicked out of them both times, so it wasnt just Tommy Maddox blew chunks like you say.  The only game Pitt lost when Maddox played that was questionable is vs Baltimore.  Against Jacksonville in Jacksonville there was no guarantee they win that game, whetehr Ben played or not, and Pitt also lost to NE early on, when they were getting beat by everyone with Roeth as the QB.  So if you want to give Pitt one more win because Ben missed some games, I can see that, but 2 games is pushing it, and as you say at least 2 games, what the Oprah ever.  They only lost 2 games Roeth didnt play, and one was questionable because of the opponent if he did, as the track record stats he didnt get the job done vs the better teams in the AFC, even when he was playing early on.

1289546[/snapback]

I completely agree with Sarge here, except for the namecalling. No one has any idea of whether the Steelers would have won those games had Roethlisberger played. Lets not sink to the level of Bengals fans now........ :D

I completely agree with Sarge here, except for the namecalling.  No one has any idea of whether the Steelers would have won those games had Roethlisberger played.  Lets not sink to the level of Bengals fans now........  :D

1289554[/snapback]

I think you passed that level some time ago. :D