[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Polomalu or Reed

seminoles

50 members have voted

1. 1. Polomalu or Reed

• Troy Polomalu
    • Ed Reed

If I were the Steelers owner/GM/Coach and you told me there was an expansion draft, and I could only protect one guy on the Steelers, that guy would be Troy Polamalu.

1289263[/snapback]

Shocker. :D

When I saw you responded, I really thought you would have said Ed Reed. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Shocker. :D

When I saw you responded, I really thought you would have said Ed Reed. :D

1289268[/snapback]

So, now I am not alout to comment on a post made by someone else regarding a Steelers player. O.k. I get it. :D

So, now I am not alout to comment on a post made by someone else regarding a Steelers player.  O.k.  I get it.  :D

1289282[/snapback]

Like anything I say is gonna make you change. You'll comment either way, which is fine. One day maybe you'll shock me and actually not type what I expect, but that hasn't happened yet.

What does "alout" mean?

who would you rather have on your team?

1288836[/snapback]

Menudo: I'll take the Steeler.

How about Antonio Gates or Heath Miller?

Menudo: Heath Miller no doubt. He has better upside.

Seriously though I would take Troy. As I stated in other threads he has quickly become my favorite player outside of Detroit and possibly overall as sad as that is to say.

I love Ed Reed though too but I just think Troy is so fast that it overwhelms RB's, WR's, etc... His closing speed is unbelievable plus he can hit, maybe not like Ronnie Lott, Roy Williams or the Denver Safety from the 90's whose name slips my mind but he hits hard enough to bring the best skill players down consistantly.

Plus he's seems to have great character.

Menudo:  I'll take the Steeler.

How about Antonio Gates or Heath Miller?

Menudo:  Heath Miller no doubt.  He has better upside.

Seriously though I would take Troy.  As I stated in other threads he has quickly become my favorite player outside of Detroit and possibly overall as sad as that is to say.

I love Ed Reed though too but I just think Troy is so fast that it overwhelms RB's, WR's, etc...  His closing speed is unbelievable plus he can hit, maybe not like Ronnie Lott, Roy Williams or the Denver Safety from the 90's whose name slips my mind but he hits hard enough to bring the best skill players down consistantly.

Plus he's seems to have great character.

1289398[/snapback]

Trust me, I would take Antonio Gates in a second over Heath Miller. The stuff about me gets SO exaggerated it is simply laughable at this point. There are TWO players that I feel at this point are better than any other in the NFL at their position: Troy Polamalu & Alan Faneca

If I were the Steelers owner/GM/Coach and you told me there was an expansion draft, and I could only protect one guy on the Steelers, that guy would be Troy Polamalu.

1289263[/snapback]

Did everyone miss the most significant thing about this post? It is void of Ben Roethlisberger's name. Menudo has a new crush :D

Did everyone miss the most significant thing about this post?  It is void of Ben Roethlisberger's name.  Menudo has a new crush :D

1289468[/snapback]

Ben isn't even my favorite player on the Steelers offense..... :D

I have no vested interest here, so hopefully my vote is objective enough for you... Troy Polomalu has been the single-most impressive player in the post-season, and I expect him to be the Super Bowl MVP this year. His energy/passion/tenacity is rare and more than makes up for his shortcomings. I wish the Vikings had someone like that! He is the obvious choice IMO.

Trust me, I would take Antonio Gates in a second over Heath Miller.  The stuff about me gets SO exaggerated it is simply laughable at this point.  There are TWO players that I feel at this point are better than any other in the NFL at their position:  Troy Polamalu & Alan Faneca

1289459[/snapback]

Polamalu- He is a beast, would love to have him. Only real weakness is playing the pass- he can be beaten there sometimes.

Alan Faneca- great player, young menudo- but I got news for ya- he is the 2nd best guard that is playing in SB XL. Steve Hutchinson is the best Guard in the NFL.

Polamalu- He is a beast, would love to have him. Only real weakness is playing the pass- he can be beaten there sometimes.

Alan Faneca- great player, young menudo- but I got news for ya- he is the 2nd best guard that is playing in SB XL.  Steve Hutchinson is the best Guard in the NFL.

1289589[/snapback]

Alan Faneca - 8 Year Pro

5 Straight Pro Bowls

All-Pro: 2005, 2004, 2002, 2001

Steve Hutchinson - 5 Year Pro

3 Straight Pro Bowls

All-Pro: 2005, 2003

Lets just say they are both pretty Oprahing good, rather than try to argue over who is better.