[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you like any of these inventions?

Randall

Which would you want to use?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you want to use?

• Smiley for cell phone
    • DVR sleep function
    • Nokia emergency phone alert
    • Disney Multimedia Installment Plan for Restaurant Patrons
    • Disney Mood-Matching Media Player
    • ipod w radio transmitter
    • Google Click-To-Call Ads for Mobile
    • IBM Instant Replay DVR Remote with Picture-In-Picture
    • Other-I have a better idea!

When I was about 8 or 9 it was the middle of the energy crisis and I was trying to think up ways to save electricity and I came up with the following idea for an eternal light:

Think of a two-way mirror. If you are on the less-lit side of the mirror you can look through it like it was a window, but if you are on the well-lit side of it, it reflects back at you. So think if you shine a flashlight at a two-way mirror... the light will be able to be seen on the other side of the mirror AND the beam of light will also reflect back towards the flashlight. SO... my idea was to shape two-way mirror material into a sphere and then just before sealing up the sphere completely, shine a very bright beam of light into it.

Then, the beam of light would bounce around the sphere giving off light to the outside but at the same time the light would be kept inside for all of eternity. And since the beam of light bouncing around inside the sphere is traveling at the speed of light, the light coming from the sphere would seem like a continuous glow (rather than a strobe-light effect).

I kept this idea in my head for about a year until I finally told my dad of my brilliant plan.

And then he told me that it wouldn't work.

Its funny this should get posted . I just had a conversation with a friend of the family that found a company that will review your ideas..If they like it they will develop and market it for you for 650 dollars. They have contacts with all the big chains like Walmart, Target etc..

Here is my idea, which I'm sure others have thought of, but so far as I know it still isn't available.

Add a "dvr"-like ability to your car stereo. That is, the car stereo keeps the most recent 30 or 60 minutes of signal recorded digitally. You could scan backwards or forwards. Also, you could "flip" between two stations without missing content from either one.

DirectV has changed the way I watch TV. Now when commercials come on, I go to the second input and watch something else for a while then flip back to the original show and pick up where I left off, zapping through the commercials.

It sure would be great to be able to do that with the car stereo while stuck in traffic.

Here is my idea, which I'm sure others have thought of, but so far as I know it still isn't available.

Add a "dvr"-like ability to your car stereo.  That is, the car stereo keeps the most recent 30 or 60 minutes of signal recorded digitally.  You could scan backwards or forwards.  Also, you could "flip" between two stations without missing content from either one.

DirectV has changed the way I watch TV.  Now when commercials come on, I go to the second input and watch something else for a while then flip back to the original show and pick up where I left off, zapping through the commercials.

It sure would be great to be able to do that with the car stereo while stuck in traffic.

1303473[/snapback]

Good idea. I've been so used to RW my DVR while watching a show, that in the car yesterday I was looking for the RW button on the radio!!! :D

Add a "dvr"-like ability to your car stereo.  That is, the car stereo keeps the most recent 30 or 60 minutes of signal recorded digitally.  You could scan backwards or forwards.  Also, you could "flip" between two stations without missing content from either one.

DirectV has changed the way I watch TV.  Now when commercials come on, I go to the second input and watch something else for a while then flip back to the original show and pick up where I left off, zapping through the commercials.

1303473[/snapback]

I believe Sirius already has this replay function. A half hour I think. XM probably as well.