[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bradshaw and montana

Azazello1313

I am not sure why this is an issue. Time is money and if the askiing price was 100,000 then so be it. Heck the players salerys are in the millions every year so the 100,000 is nothing for the NFL. Would it have been nice if they went, sure. But i dont fault them if the reported story is true.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"You proved your point of being judgemental quite nicely thanks...move along."

Oh please, judgmental in that Montana is free to make his own decisions.  LOL what's your definition of "judgmental", I'm giving a HOF'er and family man the benefit of the doubt.  Others are castigating him for not being the NFL's (female dog).

Everyone should do themselves a favor and think about this (non)story for a second.  Use your brain and ask yourself why anyone should be expected to give up a weekend because their ex-employer asks them to.

Random pre-game ritual (and again, NO ONE WILL REMEMBER THIS), with no real rhyme or reason and Montana is expected to show up at cost because he "owes it to the game."

Where does this come from?  We all have our price in our life decisions, whether its vacations, careers, salaries, overtime work, or what we do with respect to our budget.

$100,000 was what Montana wanted for an appearance, the NFL wanted him at cost.  There is no one who can say that Montana is a bad guy for this unless you expect him to him to show up at the NFL's whim.

1309110[/snapback]

Just thought I'd post this little tidbit. On my way home last night on one of the local sports radio programs a caller called in to make sure Montana was called out so to speak, rather than giving him the benefit of doubt. When Montana played here in KC he owned a home here as well, I believe the caller said Hollowbrook or something, it doesn't really matter. Anyway, a neighbor of his who had talked "over the fence" many time with Joe had sent a invitation to the yearly neighborhood party that they have every year. About a week later the couple got a call from Joe's agent and he said that they would only attend the party if they were able to come up with a $10,000 appearance fee. They promptly told the agent that he could forget it.

What a TOOL. :D

Didn't read the whole thread. I am exteremely disappointed in Bradshaw. Unless there was something pressing that he couldn't make it, he should have been there. As for Montana, if he really turned it down for more money, then that is a :D for him as well.

of montana just wanted to stay home and skip the whole thing, i could almost respect that. but he was there in detroit all week, taking advantage of the super bowl spotlight, shilling for sponsors. league sources, who really have no reason to make this chit up, say he wanted $100K to stay and be honored as part of the parade on sunday. they wouldn't guarantee it, so he left on friday, after spending all week there shilling for sponsors....because uhhh....oh my son has a basketball game friday night :D. i'm just trying to be a good family man, is that so wrong? :D:D i'm sure he's missed plenty of basketball games when the price was right....like, say, earlier in the week when he was taking advantage of the super bowl to shill for his paid sponsors. it's lame. lame to demand a bunch of money for being honored, lame to skip town when they don't meet the demands, and lame to hide behind the "be with my kids" excuse for the snub. especially when EVERYONE ELSE showed up and seemed glad to be there.

of montana just wanted to stay home and skip the whole thing, i could almost respect that.  but he was there in detroit all week, taking advantage of the super bowl spotlight, shilling for sponsors.  league sources, who really have no reason to make this chit up, say he wanted $100K to stay and be honored as part of the parade on sunday.  they wouldn't guarantee it, so he left on friday, after spending all week there shilling for sponsors....because uhhh....oh my son has a basketball game friday night :D.  i'm just trying to be a good family man, is that so wrong?  :D:D  i'm sure he's missed plenty of basketball games when the price was right....like, say, earlier in the week when he was taking advantage of the super bowl to shill for his paid sponsors.    it's lame.  lame to demand a bunch of money for being honored, lame to skip town when they don't meet the demands, and lame to hide behind the "be with my kids" excuse for the snub.  especially when EVERYONE ELSE showed up and seemed glad to be there.

1311254[/snapback]

That's all BS. Do you know for sure that he missed games earlier in the week? Hmmm? He had a signed contract with his sponsors that he honored. When he was done, he went home to spend time with his family. You are making a big deal about NOTHING. $1000 to stay in Detroit through the weekend? He has every right to say no.

Joe: Why not take the $,000 and reschedule the basketball game?

Bradshaw is to the steelers like William Shatner is to the cast and crew of Star Trek...."its all about me..." Not a steeler fan but it was totally cool seeing Franco and the towel and Lynn waving like the next govenor....

If it were my Dad, I would have said, go for it, and then gloated the rest of the semester as I gave everyone a photo of the super bowl mvps...."that's my Dad."

I respect their right to make a decision, I believe it was the wrong one.

:D

of course he does.  and i have every right to point out what a greedy self-important turd he is for doing it.

btw, i'm wondering....does montana's sack taste any better than manning's? :D

1311398[/snapback]

Of course it does, dumb ass, montana's tastes like a winner. :D

I mean, I read that on the internet...:D

And I agree with you on Montana's turdness.

Just thought I'd post this little tidbit. On my way home last night on one of the local sports radio programs a caller called in to make sure Montana was called out so to speak, rather than giving him the benefit of doubt. When Montana played here in KC he owned a home here as well, I believe the caller said Hollowbrook or something, it doesn't really matter. Anyway, a neighbor of his who had talked "over the fence" many time with Joe had sent a invitation to the yearly neighborhood party that they have every year. About a week later the couple got a call from Joe's agent and he said that they would only attend the party if they were able to come up with a $10,000 appearance fee. They promptly told the agent that he could forget it.

What a TOOL.  :D

1310684[/snapback]

This has to be made up. Montana was a world-class citizen in his time with the Chefs. I lived in KC at the time, and never heard a whiff of this type of cr@p. I mean come on, that sounds like it is straight out of the pages of the Enquirer... :D