[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Alexander to be on Madden?

Bonehand

Yeah right, no steeler deserves the honor of being on the madden cover.

1430282[/snapback]

Awwwww does the Seahawks37 need a tissue?

Meh.  Alexander has been one of the steadiest high-level FF contributers over the last few years.  With no major injuries or age concerns looming (at present) I'm confident that he still belongs in the top 5 overall picks this year, pretty much regardless of format. 

Barring random injury (see, e.g., Deuce McAllister) or random off-field problems (see, e.g., Jamal Lewis, Ricky Williams), Alexander remains one of the safest early first round fantasy picks out there.  Yo mama - no player remains a safe early first round fantasy pick or for that matter any pick.  With what I just highlighted in your statement says it all. I know what you are saying though but with alexander having that fat contract and pretty much having a career year, I doubt he will get more than 1400 yards and 10 tds this year.  Hasselbeck is about to break out and beast up there and that will pull away from his total.  Just my opinion though.

Seriously, who would you rather have, outside of Larry Johnson?  With Priest Holmes possibly coming back there is going to be a RBBC there.  Herman edwards coaching.....i don't see the KC RBS being the scoring machines they were in years past.  Again just my opinion. 

1430313[/snapback]

I disagree. With Brees gone teams are now gonna be focused on stoping the Chargers running game and stopping LT. They are gonna make Rivers throw to win the game and thats why they arent gonna make the playoffs. Sure LT will do the usual but no giant fantast stat yea for him. He will get what he normally gets.

1431799[/snapback]

Do you even watch football? Need I remind you that LT's best years are when he has no QB? What he normally gets? What does that mean, that his normal production sucks? He averages the same TD total as Alexander in the past 3 season and has more Yardage than Alexander in the time frame as well and 244 more yards receiving in that time.

alexander 3 year average:

325 carries 1435 yds 15 rush tds 308 rec. yards 3 tds

Tomlinson 3 year average:

341 carries 1554 yds 15 rush tds 552 rec. yards 2 tds

2001 - 339 carries 1236 yds rushing 10 Rushing Tds 367 yards receiving

2002 - 372 carries 1683 yds rushing 14 rushing tds 489 yards receiving 1 td

2003 - 313 carries 1645 yds rushing 13 rushing tds 725 yards receiving 4 tds

2004 - 339 carries 1335 yds rushing 17 rushing tds 441 yards receiving 1 td

2005 - 340 carries 1464 yds rushing 18 rushing tds 370 yards receiving 2 tds

Only played 15 games this season

Plus for the last few years the NFC Super Bowl team has flopped the following year.

See Tampa, Giants, Carolina, Eagles, Rams,

I'm not saying that the Seahawks will totally tank but they wont make the NFC Title game.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that the Seahawks will totally tank but they wont make the NFC Title game.

1432830[/snapback]

Who will beat them though? There are three teams I see who can challenge the Seahawks but I still don't feel can beat them:

The Giants; an up and coming team with a lot of potential to do great things. I still think it might take another year of playoff competition (and loss to the Seahawks) to get to where they need to be. I could be wrong with this team, and if any team in the NFC can do it I believe the Giants have the capability to take on the Seahawks.

Dallas: So much unknown questions regarding the future of this team, but the only reason I think they have a chance now is with the addition of Owens. Regardless of how much people might hate him, he is a dominant and great WR. This guy will only improve the offense of this team. But can they beat they Seahawks? I doubt it.

Cardinals: The offseason moves these guys made were only positive. This team is going to be a challenge. However, an unproven challenge.

The runner ups that really, in the end, I don't think can beat the Seahawks but should be mentioned are:

Panthers

Redskins

Falcons

It's possible I am missing something but I don't see enough talent in the NFC to bring it against the Seahawks... but then again the great part about football is that anything can happen and new powerhouse teams are created every year.

Edited by TheGrunt

I also think the Seahawks' defense will be exposed this year.  I thing they drastically over-performed last year and I'm willing to bet they will be the catapult of opposing teams offensive stars.  My prediction: 9-7 miss playoffs. :D

1432927[/snapback]

You want to put some Krispy Kremes on that one, too? :D

I also think the Seahawks' defense will be exposed this year.  I thing they drastically over-performed last year and I'm willing to bet they will be the catapult of opposing teams offensive stars.  My prediction: 9-7 miss playoffs. :D

1432927[/snapback]

If you want to do a over/under bet on 9 wins I'm all over that.

If you want to do a over/under bet on 9 wins I'm all over that.

1433104[/snapback]

Clearly, Brent is underestimating exactly how weak the NFC West is.

Edited by Bonehand

This is just f_cking great! We pick our draft order after the Super Bowl based on numerous questions/stats that we pick before the game. I ended up with the #3 spot. That means that after the first 2 guys picked I got to choose anywhere in the draft I wanted other than what the first 2 guys picked. I decided on the #3 pick and was thinking I at least get one of LT2, SA or LJ. Now I think that SA will fall to me and I may need to pass on him for someone else (I really like Tiki). :D Man has this #3 pick really stating to look like it may be back firing with SA. :D

Clearly, Brent it underestimating exactly how weak the NFC West is.

1433108[/snapback]

Pretty much, should go 5-1 or 6-0 again in their own division. And while Dallas and Carolina should be able to make a run for the NFC championship this year, Brent is underestimating exactly how weak the entire NFC is.

Pretty much, should go 5-1 or 6-0 again in their own division.  And while Dallas and Carolina should be able to make a run for the NFC championship this year, Brent is underestimating exactly how weak the entire NFC is.

1433115[/snapback]

As all us eterally optimistic/derranged Lions fans would say, watch out for the Lions. There I said it. :D

Bonehand & Bushwacked:

I will take any bet you guys want to throw down with. I think you are both forgetting how volatile the NFL is from year to year. Arizona is gonna be dangerous this year. St. Louis, although I'm a bit nervous about the coaching change affecting chemistry, is still potent offensively. The only "easy" team in the conference is San Fran and who knows how much they will change this year. If I'm not mistaken, their defense is getting better and their coach is a defensive guy.

I would rather bet on them missing the playoffs rather than 9 wins. I say they will definitely win no more than 10 games and my hunch says 9. You guys decide on the bet and I'll most likely take it.

I would rather bet on them missing the playoffs rather than 9 wins.  I say they will definitely win no more than 10 games and my hunch says 9.  You guys decide on the bet and I'll most likely take it.

1433309[/snapback]

I'll take either one. :D Arizona was supposed to be dangerous last year and unless they significantly upgrade their O-line and defense they are not going to improve by leaps and bounds (same for the Rams and their sieve like D). Seattle was the cream of the crop as far as offense went in the NFC and they still will be this year (although look for the Panthers and Cowboys to close that gap). The already effective Seattle D has upgraded from last year in their LB core and look for them to improve further through draft and free agency for their secondary and possibly D-line.

Your right, the NFL is volatile, but most teams coming off the superbowl don't usually have one of the best cap situations in the NFL. Seattle did, and they re-signed every key player except for Hutch.

Pick your poison and let's do 2007 Huddle fees for the bet (I already have the Hawk doubters paying my 2006 fees). :D

As all us eterally optimistic/derranged Lions fans would say, watch out for the Lions.  There I said it.  :D

1433122[/snapback]

:D

...pick up Alexander in your FF league and you'll start to become a Seahawks fan. :D

...oh wait, the curse is gonna strike this year.

I would rather bet on them missing the playoffs rather than 9 wins.  I say they will definitely win no more than 10 games and my hunch says 9.  You guys decide on the bet and I'll most likely take it.

1433309[/snapback]

OK, I'm a Noob so I don't know this yet.... but, my guess is that you live on the East coast? :D

Seahawks had an OK offseason but if losing Hutch catapults them from 13-3 and a trip to the Superbowl to 9-7 miss playoffs I think my days of watching football are over. Tell me, in their division who will stop them from going to the playoffs: The Niners, the Rams or the Cardinals?

I'm willing to join the bet if you guys have not already made it yet. :D Make my first year of The Huddle free (well, for me at least)! :D

Is this going to be a No playoff/playoff bet?

Edited by TheGrunt

I'll take either one.  :D  Arizona was supposed to be dangerous last year and unless they significantly upgrade their O-line and defense they are not going to improve by leaps and bounds (same for the Rams and their sieve like D).  Seattle was the cream of the crop as far as offense went in the NFC and they still will be this year (although look for the Panthers and Cowboys to close that gap).  The already effective Seattle D has upgraded from last year in their LB core and look for them to improve further through draft and free agency for their secondary and possibly D-line. 

Your right, the NFL is volatile, but most teams coming off the superbowl don't usually have one of the best cap situations in the NFL.  Seattle did, and they re-signed every key player except for Hutch.

Pick your poison and let's do 2007 Huddle fees for the bet (I already have the Hawk doubters paying my 2006 fees).  :D

1433327[/snapback]

OK, the bet is that the Seahawks miss the playoffs this year and the payment will be 2007 huddle membership. Arizona was supposed to be better last year and they were and I believe they will be even better this year. I agree that the NFC west has been one of the weakest divisions in recent history, but I just feel like this year will be a bit different. And I can see the 9ers coming out of nowhere to make some noise. That's just the pattern of the NFL. I am betting on the pattern not the specific team.

Sure on paper it looks like Seattle has a cakewalk to the playoffs, but this is the NFL where real humans compete against other real humans. Teams learn from past failures and I'm banking on that simple concept of learning and adjusting to pay for my 007 membership. Good luck :D

OK, I'm a Noob so I don't know this yet.... but, my guess is that you live on the East coast?  :D

Seahawks had an OK offseason but if losing Hutch catapults them from 13-3 and a trip to the Superbowl to 9-7 miss playoffs I think my days of watching football are over. Tell me, in their division who will stop them from going to the playoffs: The Niners, the Rams or the Cardinals?

I'm willing to join the bet if you guys have not already made it yet.  :D Make my first year of The Huddle free (well, for me at least)!  :D

Is this going to be a No playoff/playoff bet?

1433345[/snapback]

Hold still for a second

:removenewbiestickerfromforehead:

There, now you aren't a newb :D

OK, the bet is that the Seahawks miss the playoffs this year and the payment will be 2007 huddle membership.  Arizona was supposed to be better last year and they were and I believe they will be even better this year.  I agree that the NFC west has been one of the weakest divisions in recent history, but I just feel like this year will be a bit different.  And I can see the 9ers coming out of nowhere to make some noise.  That's just the pattern of the NFL.  I am betting on the pattern not the specific team. 

Sure on paper it looks like Seattle has a cakewalk to the playoffs, but this is the NFL where real humans compete against other real humans.  Teams learn from past failures and I'm banking on that simple concept of learning and adjusting to pay for my 007 membership.  Good luck :D

1433374[/snapback]

Cool, I'm in. So is that Huddle fee's from each of us? If the Seahawk contigent is wrong, you're golden through '08!

You should use the shot of him crying before the game ends as your avy. :D

1433857[/snapback]

Arizona was supposed to be better last year and they were.....

1433374[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about that one as far as a W-L record goes relative to the previous year.

Edited by bushwacked