[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Alexander for Larry Johnson

ebartender

What makes you think he isn't as good as people are saying? Every time he touched the ball he exploded last year.

1434641[/snapback]

Key words being last year.

For me (personally) when it comes to hype I try not to buy into it.

Take for example Kevin Jones. The 2004 year his last 8 games he turned it on compling a total of 906 yards which is a 113.25 yds per game though only 4 tds. He look to be a lock for a break out season in 2005 - 2006 season. Of course we all know the story of this past season. Many people bought into the hype and drafted him high and early only to be burnt.

Now I know comparing LJ and KJ is like comparing apples and bowling balls but i'm just using it as an example.

LJ while beasting last year (starting 9 games for a mind blowing 1750 yds which equals a fat 194.44 yds per game average and 20 tds which equals 2.22 tds per game.) he only played 9 games.

For me, until he plays a full year as the primary back I would not draft him in the top 5 RBs. For me, the RB has to be proven and while he has all the stars lined up for a monster year, he has not proven to me that he can play a full 16 games without getting hurt. Also as I stated before, he may be splitting time on the field. Either with Priest or a back that is drafted.

I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him if he fell to me but I'd take Rudi Johnson over him in the first round at least before 10th over all.

This is just my 2 cents though.

Edited by cliaz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what it is but I'm just not seeing LJ beasting like everyone thinks he is going to.

"IF" he is the sole back I'm thinking that he will get 1400 yards rushing 10 - 12 tds and 450 yards receiving with 3 to 5 tds thrown in there.

I think some people feel he is going to get 2200 yards combind and 20+ tds and that isn't going to happen. This is just my opinion though.

1434633[/snapback]

Gotta disagree with you Cliaz. 2200 combined and 20+ TDs is definitely NOT a stretch.

Here's his numbers last year, and keep in mind he was only the starter for 9 games. If he started all season we would have easily eclipsed 2000 yards rushing alone.

rushing: 336/1750/20

receiving 33/343/1

He broke 2000 all-purpose yards and had 21 TDs while only starting 9 games. The o-line is intact. He's 2-3 years younger than Alexander. Makes it an easy choice in keeper leagues.

Gotta disagree with you Cliaz. 2200 combined and 20+ TDs is definitely NOT a stretch.

Here's his numbers last year, and keep in mind he was only the starter for 9 games. If he started all season we would have easily eclipsed 2000 yards rushing alone.

rushing: 336/1750/20

receiving 33/343/1

He broke 2000 all-purpose yards and had 21 TDs while only starting 9 games. The o-line is intact. He's 2-3 years younger than Alexander. Makes it an easy choice in keeper leagues.

1436231[/snapback]

I agree that he is a very attractive pick in keepers league but there is no way I risk my first round early pick on him.

All that I have stated in my reply on this thread is through my own personal view points. I cannot risk my upper 1st round pick on someone who only played 9 games and has never played a full season in the NFL as a starting primary Running back. I just can’t.

I don't know what it is but I'm just not seeing LJ beasting like everyone thinks he is going to.

"IF" he is the sole back I'm thinking that he will get 1400 yards rushing 10 - 12 tds and 450 yards receiving with 3 to 5 tds thrown in there.

I think some people feel he is going to get 2200 yards combind and 20+ tds and that isn't going to happen. This is just my opinion though.

1434633[/snapback]

I see somewhere in between...

1600 yds 14 rush TD's 500 rec yds 3-5 rec TD's...

I agree that he is a very attractive pick in keepers league but there is no way I risk my first round early pick on him.

All that I have stated in my reply on this thread is through my own personal view points.  I cannot risk my upper 1st round pick on someone who only played 9 games and has never played a full season in the NFL as a starting primary Running back.  I just can’t.

1436419[/snapback]

You're banking on the Penn State curse, aren't you :D

All that I have stated in my reply on this thread is through my own personal view points.  I cannot risk my upper 1st round pick on someone who only played 9 games and has never played a full season in the NFL as a starting primary Running back.  I just can’t.

1436419[/snapback]

see...I see LT2 as a player who is sort of slipping from his #1 spot...the last 2 years his performance has slipped at some point due to injury...SA just got paid and lost one of his best blockers...

LJ kept his OL which is the best feature for him....he runs with a mean streak...literally through opponents, he has unbelievable patience and always feels he has something prove ever since he was labeled "another penn state bust"....

I'd take him 1st and refuse to look back....I just feel LT2 is great and is obviously the #2...but he's starting to hit a wall around week 10 every year...

if I had him this season, in a redraft...I'd try to unload him for one of the hot RB's replacing another one in a mid-season injury....and a stud WR on top of that...

see...I see LT2 as a player who is sort of slipping from his #1 spot...the last 2 years his performance has slipped at some point due to injury...SA just got paid and lost one of his best blockers...

LJ kept his OL which is the best feature for him....he runs with a mean streak...literally through opponents, he has unbelievable patience and always feels he has something prove ever since he was labeled "another penn state bust"....

I'd take him 1st and refuse to look back....I just feel LT2 is great and is obviously the #2...but he's starting to hit a wall around week 10 every year...

if I had him this season, in a redraft...I'd try to unload him for one of the hot RB's replacing another one in a mid-season injury....and a stud WR on top of that...

1436517[/snapback]

But has a new head coach.

Larry Johnson in the 10th?

1437053[/snapback]

He was insurance prior to last season. He's only 1 year removed fromn needing to take his diaper off. :D

He's 1 or 2 which ever way you go with the first two you can't get hurt. SA is #3 in my book.

He was insurance prior to last season. He's only 1 year removed fromn needing to take his diaper off. :D

He's 1 or 2 which ever way you go with the first two you can't get hurt. SA is #3 in my book.

1438007[/snapback]

for some reason I was thinking a recent draft....blew me away

nope it isn't recent.  The fool is in my division as well.

In my division I have to face: Shaun Alexander and TO twice and now LJ and Chad Johnson twice.

1440543[/snapback]

and who do you have to put against these guys? Tough division

I don't buy into the "madden curse." I think Alexander is the safest pick here due to his running style and that is the most important factor to consider. The fact that he takes care of himself and has never been injured because of it says that he will probably be dominating the league for another solid 5 years. Larry Johnson strikes me as more of a bruising type who could sustain a major injury at any time

and who do you have to put against these guys? Tough division

1440696[/snapback]

Yeah it is. In our league we are allowed to keep two players that are NOT from the same position. In order to keep them, you lose the round in the draft the following year that you drafted that player in. And you can keep a player for a total of 2 years not including the year you drafted them.

My division's Keepers:

Team A (My next door neighbor.)

Shaun Alexander - 1st round

TO - 2nd round

Team B (super Bowl winner last year.)

Larry Johnson - 8th round (I was wrong about the round he was drafted in.)

Chad Johnson - 3rd round

My Team

Rudi Johnson - 2nd round

Larry Fitz - 6th round

Though I could keep D. Davis now as a 3rd round keeper. :D

I'd rather have Davis as a third rounder than Rudi as a second rounder.

1442916[/snapback]

I tend to agree but the whole staying healthy thing kind of scares me.

After last year (5-7-1) I need to wh0re my league. Listen to my busts:

1. Kevin Jones

2. Darrell jackson

3. Harrington

4. J. walker

5. D. Davis

Last season was my worst hands down.

busts:

1. Kevin Jones

2. Darrell jackson

3. Harrington

4. J. walker

5. D. Davis

Last season was my worst hands down.

1442921[/snapback]

:D

I think you should listen to other's for draft advice. My first tip: take LJ if you can get him. :D