[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Alexander for Larry Johnson

ebartender

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade offer:

I get L. Johnson, Holt, and 3rd round pick

He gets Alexander, Boldin, and Jerry Porter

1430098[/snapback]

I am a big fan of Alexander and think he is the #1 RB in FF but LJ is a lot younger and I like Holt more than Boldin.

Either way you are in great shape!

I would take the trade!!

I do not take the trade.

SA and LJ are equall in my book.

I love holt as a WR but Boldin is younger and in a great situation - I give edge to Boldin in a dynasty league.

Porter and # 3 pick is a question mark, If rookie pick Porter; if FA pick #3 is better.

1430566[/snapback]

It is a 3rd round pick, not the #3 overall pick. We keep 7 player per team, 12 teams in the league.

I do not take the trade.

SA and LJ are equall in my book.

I love holt as a WR but Boldin is younger and in a great situation - I give edge to Boldin in a dynasty league.

Porter and # 3 pick is a question mark, If rookie pick Porter; if FA pick #3 is better.

1430566[/snapback]

With Hutch gone SA should be worth less. I like Boldin and Holt in the new O will get fewer looks, but would do the trade.

the SA and LJ situation is clear...LJ has eclipsed him even after one strong season and a strong showing the previous one....and even though LJ was threatened by losing both Shields and Roaf...they were kept intact....whereas Hutch left SA.....

and Boldin's knee has been a problem the past 2 years, this is the reason he was not 1st round material in the draft he came out in....he easily had the talent, but his knee was an issue...

Holt is coming off his 1st injury plagued season in his career which means his workout regimen will just be that much stronger this offseason....because that's what he does....

this decision is easy and clear to me..

SA on the cover of Madden, enough said!  Plus his stock won't go any higher, to get a young stud RB like LJ, I couldn't have accepted it faster.

1431674[/snapback]

+1

SA peaked last year. trade him while he is hot. LJ is the new hotness.

How do I get this kind of trade in my league? :D I'm a Seattle homer and I'd still do this trade. LJ's upside is just too high, Holt vs Boldin can go either way, with Holt being more proven, and I just don't see Porter being anything more than a #2 if not #3 WR. Having the #3 pick in the rook draft is better, IMHO.

How do I get this kind of trade in my league?  :D I'm a Seattle homer and I'd still do this trade. LJ's upside is just too high, Holt vs Boldin can go either way, with Holt being more proven, and I just don't see Porter being anything more than a #2 if not #3 WR.  Having the #3 pick in the rook draft is better, IMHO.

1431840[/snapback]

Once again, it is not the #3 overall pick. It is his 3rd round pick.

a note from cbs sportsline is indicating priest is likely coming back.  that makes the deal tougher to call IMO.

1431895[/snapback]

I read that too. I also read the Herm Edwards wants to keep LJ fresh by using Priest or another RB if Priest can't go. A lot of people have LJ as the #1 pick next year and I always questioned that since he has never been the starter for an entire season. I would like to see him play a full season and produce like he does first.

Once again, it is not the #3 overall pick.  It is his 3rd round pick.

1431919[/snapback]

Sorry, wasn't paying attention to that. In that case, it's a bit closer. I'd do the trade cause I have no faith in Porter. If you think he'll make a decent #3, then I'd pass on this trade.

I read that too.  I also read the Herm Edwards wants to keep LJ fresh by using Priest or another RB if Priest can't go.  A lot of people have LJ as the #1 pick next year and I always questioned that since he has never been the starter for an entire season.  I would like to see him play a full season and produce like he does first.

1431921[/snapback]

Uh, LJ played for half the season last year and showed NO signs of slowing down. LJ is an animal at heart and has a chip on his shoulder.

Uh, LJ played for half the season last year and showed NO signs of slowing down. LJ is an animal at heart and has a chip on his shoulder.

1432683[/snapback]

yuup...I like it better when my back gets spelled...

this just means he stays fresh in the 4th while the defense is likely tired...

which means greater chance for a big run...and he's had his share of those...

he's still #1 and LT2 is #2...

the 3rd pick can be like the kiss of death if these 2 are gone..

Trade offer:

I get L. Johnson, Holt, and 3rd round pick

He gets Alexander, Boldin, and Jerry Porter

1430098[/snapback]

L. Johnson is not a lock to be a starter there since the rumor mill has this:

Priest Holmes, RB KC

News: Chiefs GM Carl Peterson told the media that he feels Priest Holmes (head, neck) is "in" for the 2006 season. "If we had to start today, right now, the doctor would not clear him for contact," Peterson said. "But we don't have to start today." Head coach Herman Edwards added that Holmes knows that if he were to come back, he would not start.

Analysis: This doesn't mean anything official, and the draft could provide a better glimpse of Holmes' future if the Chiefs spend a first-day pick on a running back. Holmes could take on the role of Johnson in 2006 drafts where people who take Larry Johnson in Round 1 also pick up Priest for insurance.

Granted it is still way too early for anything but for right now, I would not get rid of Alexander for Johnson. Too many ??? for KC right now. New head coach, possible drafting a RB. Could this be a RBBC there? Possible.

Also giving him Alexander and him having Boldin, no. Remember last year both Fitz and boldin were 1000 yard receivers. Boldin had 1402 yards BUT only 7 tds. Holt is a trade up for him.....possible, there is a new head coach there as well.

I would not do the trade. No reason to beleive that Alexander will get nailed with the "Madden Curse."

Stick with Alexander over LJ.

L. Johnson is not a lock to be a starter there since the rumor mill has this:

Priest Holmes, RB KC

News: Chiefs GM Carl Peterson told the media that he feels Priest Holmes (head, neck) is "in" for the 2006 season. "If we had to start today, right now, the doctor would not clear him for contact," Peterson said. "But we don't have to start today." Head coach Herman Edwards added that Holmes knows that if he were to come back, he would not start.

Analysis: This doesn't mean anything official, and the draft could provide a better glimpse of Holmes' future if the Chiefs spend a first-day pick on a running back. Holmes could take on the role of Johnson in 2006 drafts where people who take Larry Johnson in Round 1 also pick up Priest for insurance.

Granted it is still way too early for anything but for right now, I would not get rid of Alexander for Johnson.  Too many ??? for KC right now.  New head coach, possible drafting a RB.  Could this be a RBBC there?  Possible.

Also giving him Alexander and him having Boldin, no.  Remember last year both Fitz and boldin were 1000 yard receivers.  Boldin had 1402 yards BUT only 7 tds.  Holt is a trade up for him.....possible, there is a new head coach there as well.

I would not do the trade.  No reason to beleive that Alexander will get nailed with the "Madden Curse."

Stick with Alexander over LJ.

1433473[/snapback]

the Madden curse just tops everything off...

all his stars were aligned for him to have his worst year yet....the madden cover just made it more ironic I guess...

losing Hutch, finally getting that contract he's been playing for, plus he's soft lol...

but seriously...LJ is worth it, even if Holmes is healthy....

if Holmes comes in and even steals a few series a game, I would be fine with that....

their ground attack is ridiculous....the OL stayed the same and all...

I dunno...SA is the riskiest of the 'top 3' this year...easily

When LJ was the one stealing some of Holmes' carries he was able to get a couple 100 yd games plus a bunch of touchdowns. As the starter he will run all over defenses.

1434396[/snapback]

I don't know what it is but I'm just not seeing LJ beasting like everyone thinks he is going to.

"IF" he is the sole back I'm thinking that he will get 1400 yards rushing 10 - 12 tds and 450 yards receiving with 3 to 5 tds thrown in there.

I think some people feel he is going to get 2200 yards combind and 20+ tds and that isn't going to happen. This is just my opinion though.