[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Satellite or Cable?

Footballjoe

I've had DirecTV for 5-6 years now. When we moved, I called the local cable company ,"Millenium Media", to see what they had. No HD = no sale for me. That was three years ago. They now have ESPN-HD and one or two of the locals in HD. It was also more money to go with cable. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW......Today I priced out DTV & Dish. They are within $5/month of what I spend on cable. Plus:

I do not need a friggin' box at every TV

No dishes off the front of my house

No weather problems

DSL is NOT available in my area

Cable TV has worked as flawlessly as I would expect, though the OD S/W sucks

If the equipment fails I pay dick (nothing)

Agree that I am hamstrung until DSL becomes available in my area, but if/when that happens, I'm sure prices will drop!

JMHO

I've had DirecTV for 5-6 years now. When we moved, I called the local cable company ,"Millenium Media", to see what they had. No HD = no sale for me. That was three years ago. They now have ESPN-HD and one or two of the locals in HD. It was also more money to go with cable. :D

including HBO HD, I have at least 15 HD channels

I called today to upgrade my DTV system to HD. The locals in Charlotte will be broadcast in HD on June 28.

The new MPEG-4 H20 receiver, the 5 LMB dish and installation for $120. Plus they're giving 3 months of HD programming for free. If I was a new subscriber I would have got the whole enchilada for free, but it's no big deal.

Update on the MPEG-4 HD DVR, the dude at DTV said they plan to have it on the market by September.