[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have had a headache for over a week

Otis

I have had a mild headache for literally over a week now. It's in the right side of my head, kind of right behind my eyes.

Does this mean there is something wrong with me? Can I get some diagnoses and/or recommended treatments?

I'm almost 30 and otherwise in pretty good health.

IS THIS THE END FOR OUR HERO OTIS? :D

Did you fall down or anything prior to the onset of the headache?

Are you sure it isn't your sinuses that are causing it?

Personally, would make a stop in at my local witch doctor and have it checked.

Though I will say, with caution, that sometime there isn't anything wrong. Knowing this from practical experience. Had a non-stop headache from 1979-1985. Sometimes it would be so bad I couldn't even move. But nothing was found to be wrong and then one day I got up to go to work and it wasn't there. For several hours I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong with me.... then it finally dawned... "you don't have a headache". Don't think I have had but one or two since.

Did you fall down or anything prior to the onset of the headache?

Are you sure it isn't your sinuses that are causing it?

Personally, would make a stop in at my local witch doctor and have it checked.

Though I will say, with caution, that sometime there isn't anything wrong. Knowing this from practical experience. Had a non-stop headache from 1979-1985. Sometimes it would be so bad I couldn't even move. But nothing was found to be wrong and then one day I got up to go to work and it wasn't there. For several hours I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong with me.... then it finally dawned... "you don't have a headache". Don't think I have had but one or two since.

That's kinda scary.

The first thing I thought was brain tumor, or possibly my allergies. But I've had allergies all my life, why all of the sudden would the hay fever include a week-long headache?

It feels like I've been mildly hungover for a week.

The other possibility is that I stopped drinking (alcohol) as much and cut sweets out of my diet. I wonder if it is some sort of withdrawal symptoms.

:D

That's kinda scary.

The first thing I thought was brain tumor, or possibly my allergies. But I've had allergies all my life, why all of the sudden would the hay fever include a week-long headache?

The other possibility is that I stopped drinking (alcohol) as much and cut sweets out of my diet. I wonder if it is some sort of withdrawal symptoms.

On a serious note, you may just need glasses.

That's kinda scary.

Take some advil and quit being a pansy.

I always diagnose my mysterious ailments as some sort of terminal disease. So I'd venture a guess that you have a tumor growing behind your sinus cavity that will lead to stroke or aneurism. Good luck. :D

This is sort of what I was thinking too.

Oh and this is the official Otis graemlin because of it's name. :D

Sadly, that is also a graemlin used by an infamous poster on another internet messageboard. So people may initially think this is not a flattering comment. But it is.

It doesn't sound like a cluster headache so it may just be a sinus infection of some sort or just a tension headache. If you go to the doctor they'll take some x-rays of your sinus cavities to see if that's the issue.

What Causes Tension Headaches?

There is no single cause for tension headaches. This type of headache is not an inherited trait that runs in families. In some people, tension headaches are caused by tightened muscles in the back of the neck and scalp. This muscle tension may be caused by:

* Inadequate rest

* Poor posture

* Emotional or mental stress, including depression

* Anxiety

* Fatigue

* Hunger

* Overexertion

In others, tightened muscles are not part of tension headaches, and the cause is unknown.

Tension headaches are usually triggered by some type of environmental or internal stress. The most common sources of stress include family, social relationships, friends, work and school. Examples of stressors include:

* Having problems at home/difficult family life

* Having a new child

* Having no close friends

* Returning to school or training; preparing for tests or exams

* Going on a vacation

* Starting a new job

* Losing a job

* Being overweight

* Deadlines at work

* Competing in sports or other activities

* Being a perfectionist

* Not getting enough sleep

* Being over-extended (involved in too many activities/organizations)

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I can pinpoint the event that triggered it. I was away for a buddy's wedding two weekends ago, and the girls scheduled massages for all the wedding party at the spa there.

It's the first time I'd ever had a professional massage. It was one of those deep tissue massages. That afternoon I felt like complete crap -- my neck, back, and head were all sore. She mentioned that it would release a lot of toxins into my system and that I should be sure to drink plenty of water and not overdo it with the alcohol. I drank SOME water, but mostly just got hammered that night.

Ever since I have had this headache...

Had a non-stop headache from 1979-1985. Sometimes it would be so bad I couldn't even move. But nothing was found to be wrong and then one day I got up to go to work and it wasn't there.

If I didn't you know better I ask if got married in 1979 and divorced in 1085 (no disrespect intended for your late wife). :D