[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Google AdWords

keggerz

We had a girl at my last job sign us up for a few months. It seemed to be very time intensive for her to setup because she spent a lot of time picking out very specific words. We let it go for a few months and didn't seem to be getitng much out of it for the few hundred dollars we were spending. Cancelled it soon after that.

Sorry I don't have any first hand info for you. The second hand opinion is that it wasn't really worth it.

I am working at a startup and we just signed up for google adwords. Seems like a great program but our web site isn't live yet so I have no official stats.

You can also use a SEO (Search Engine Optimization) company to get your web site on the first page, etc... But you have to be careful the company you choose is on the up and up as the major engines (google) have ways to get around the stuff these less than reputable companies use.

Hope this helps a little...

While SEO has it's place, it can be quite expensive and in the end it is all just a game that is played trying to get a high natural ranking. Paying for words can be extremely expensive (at least when you want "fantasy football" for instance) but it could be far less expensive in the world of teddy bears to be sure.

After having spent years concerned with search engines and having spent more money than I care to think about, I am MUCH less convinced that SEO or search engine placement works effectively with our end of the internet but for a product, it probably would work better since people would be looking for a product with an already existing desire to purchase one (no one gives bears away for free unlike in FF content).

All I can say is monitor it closely for effectiveness because adwords (and pay per click) can be very expensive with suspect return. The internet is now littered with crap sites - I mean greatly littered - because of the search engine games that people play.

This may help- Atlas Solutions

Not sure how much $$ a program would be, but worth a look- They are one of the industry leaders in SEO, Interctive Marketing. Not sure on the specific technology, but their software and search engine stuff is top notch. They fall under Avenue A umbrella, one of the top Interctive Mktg. Co. in the US. They consistently beat MS to the punch locally for top notch technical talent also.........

FWIW & maybe you already know this but:

I googled teddy bear, bear, and stuffed bear. After 20 pages of each search none hit WBF. I then searched williamsburg bear and on page 8 it came up. I guess you need to assess what %'ge of your business the internet provides, both locally & nationally and base the fees against that. Yeah, not a major revelation. Questions:

Do people seek out a bear factory locally or is it something that is word of mouth or they just stumble upon your place?

Can you compete w/ the more national/international ones that appear on the first few pages?

Is paying and getting on page 5 or above even worth it?

Just spitballing.....

guys thanks for the info

FWIW & maybe you already know this but:

I googled teddy bear, bear, and stuffed bear. After 20 pages of each search none hit WBF. I then searched williamsburg bear and on page 8 it came up. I guess you need to assess what %'ge of your business the internet provides, both locally & nationally and base the fees against that. Yeah, not a major revelation. Questions:

Do people seek out a bear factory locally or is it something that is word of mouth or they just stumble upon your place?

Can you compete w/ the more national/international ones that appear on the first few pages?

Is paying and getting on page 5 or above even worth it?

Just spitballing.....

as far as what RR hit on...being in Williamsburg a TOURIST destination what I am trying to do is make sure that I come up on searches for Williamsburg Kids Activities and stuff like that...also I have a Quasi competitor(ie: they have trash product and stuck a stuffing machine in the corner of their store) their main product is collectible bears but whoever is doing their website(SEO) has their links all coming up at the tops of pages...I am trying to at least get my sponsered link on some of those pages...their product in no way is a threat to us but i sure dont want to lose the traffic just because they could "out internet" me...right now I think I have it where I come up on a couple of pages and I set my budget extremely low right now so I dont end up with some frigin astronomical bill from google at the end of the month....

I then searched williamsburg bear and on page 8 it came up.

actually the 1st link you should see is an article on our store if you search williamsburg bear

now if you search williamsburg bears thats a different story :D

actually the 1st link you should see is an article on our store if you search williamsburg bear

now if you search williamsburg bears thats a different story :D

That's true, I missed that, but I was looking for a direct link to your store.

keg those Camelot dudes have payed someone to get them on the first page for every thing u type.

if u hit images they are the only ones on page one

wonder if i can pay someone to knock em down a peg or 500 :D